Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

SSG

acg0392840293482094823049234fi-624x351.jpg

Fri, June 4, 2021

Now Open! First Recruits Assemble at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park​

by Gabriel Gibaldi, Public Relations Director

Avengers Assemble! Today, Avengers Campus officially opened for Disney California Adventure park guests at the Disneyland Resort. This entirely new land is dedicated to discovering, recruiting and training the next generation of Super Heroes.
We were stationed with the lucky, new recruits this morning to capture their enthusiasm as they explored Avengers Campus for the first time!
acw029384029348520948203492834.jpg

Those who looked skyward spotted Spider-Man swinging into action high above Avengers Campus with gravity-defying, acrobatic feats never seen before in a Disney park. Guests were thrilled to join Spider-Man slinging webs in the land’s new attraction, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
acv029384029348029348203948234.jpg

And that’s just the beginning of the epic action. Guests trained with Black Panther and Wakanda’s elite guards, the Dora Milage.
  • avc02938402938502948234.jpg
  • avc0928350928450928340293482.jpg
In addition, curious recruits exploring Avengers Campus encountered Iron Man in his new armor, the Mark 80. Ant-Man and The Wasp appeared for the first time at the Disneyland Resort and Doctor Strange initiated those eager to learn the ways of the mystic arts at an Ancient Sanctum.
Black Widow, Black Panther, Thor, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America and Captain Marvel are among those also joining the action.
acg0293480293840294823049.jpg

When hunger strikes, recruits sampled the innovative fare throughout the campus, including Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible, where Pym Particles produce tiny treats and big bites. Aspiring WEB members also shopped the inventive selection of merchandise, from the latest gadgets to accessories and fashions.
  • avc0923850287502983423423.jpg
  • avc0938509283450298340294234.jpg
At Avengers Campus, you can now find your power alongside some of your favorite Super Heroes, with a chance to live out your own heroic story!

fctiger

If they can keep all this interactivity, the characters out in full, and maintain it - this land is simply awesome. This right here, with the crowds, and the excitement... I have chills.

That's really the key to this land, is the interaction. It just makes a a HUGE difference and it makes the area feels more alive, which is the issue with GE as been said many times. But I love seeing all the characters and the little performances they put on. Now how long that last is another question since we know this stuff get phased out after awhile. Both BVS and CL started out with a lot of little character performances and interactions (like the citizens of BVS), something beyond just meet and greets and it all seems to be gone today.

But this being Marvel, maybe it will stick around for a few years.

Disney Analyst

That's really the key to this land, is the interaction. It just makes a a HUGE difference and it makes the area feels more alive, which is the issue with GE as been said many times. But I love seeing all the characters and the little performances they put on. Now how long that last is another question since we know this stuff get phased out after awhile. Both BVS and CL started out with a lot of little character performances and interactions (like the citizens of BVS), something beyond just meet and greets and it all seems to be gone today.

But this being Marvel, maybe it will stick around for a few years.

I mean, they still had the Citizens of BVS before Covid happened, I imagine they will come back eventually (I hope)

fctiger

I mean, they still had the Citizens of BVS before Covid happened, I imagine they will come back eventually (I hope)

Oh OK, that's great then. I can't remember the last time I saw them personally. Maybe 2018? They certainly don't have the presence as before but it's great they are still around.

But I really like the atmosphere in AC. It feels very lived in. And even though its small it looks SO spacious, at least on camera. The park needs a more sci fi theme in general IMO and this is probably the closest it will have to a TL!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Have to agree with that. But I'm shocked how amazing Sam's Captain America costume looks. Pretty cool. I don't have an issue with the SM costume either.
The rest of the costumes look good especially Dr. Strange. I don't like the design of the spider logo on Spidey's suit for this land but the rest of his costume is good. That Iron Man costume just makes me cringe though.

J4546

i wonder if the iron man suit problem has anything to do with being able to stand around outside in the sun comfortably for extended periods of time?

doctornick

It is strange that they realize they need them here but cut them from SWGE.

It would be nice if people can go to GR and comment on that very fact (that the character shows in Avengers Campus are well regarded and needed). It might actually inspire Disney to revisit the idea for SWGE. I mean, the land is already set up to be able to accommodate entertainment if they will just pay for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom