Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Supreme Leader

There is only 1 true Capt Anerica. The other is Falcon in cosplay
giphy.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't it racists of them to be using Old White Capt America in this land when Capt America is now black and flys with wings? Capt is old now and retired. Why does he get to be in the land or Sam?

Good try ginning up a "Disney's a hypocrite about inclusivity" controversy...
And if you’re visiting Disney California Adventure park in the near future, spread those wings and fly on over to Hollywood Land for an updated photo opp featuring Sam Wilson’s new Captain America look! Stay tuned for even more merchandise inspired by the latest Disney+ shows and catch up with all six episodes of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” streaming now exclusively on Disney+.​

So the black captain america gets a worse area and doesn't get any exposure in the new Avengers area?

That seems pretty wrong to me, like saying its not the "real" Captain America.

There's no Sam Wilson face character in Hollywoodland. It's just a static photo op like they did with WandaVision. The blog was never advertising a face character, it was simply stating a color scheme change on the wings in the photo op to fit his transition from Falcon to Cap.

Same thing. 😂 They cornered themselves into the time lock with the LARP elements they initially wanted for the land; when the LARP elements went away, there was no reason for the time lock.

Except that it’s not in an alternate universe. They placed it on the pre-Thanos snap universe.

This does not say he is in Avenger's Campus does it? I still win again.
No, you lose.

Both Caps in the land. No inferior place for the Black version. Obviously not the MCU.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm confused? I was answering the question if Sam Wilson was a face character in Hollywoodland and he wasn't? They only changed the FATWS photo op, and that was what was advertised in the Parks blog post.

I'm obviously super pumped that both Caps are in Avengers Campus.
Sorry for the confusion. That was directed at the guy who keeps saying wrong things and claims that as victory.

CaptinEO

Funny, all the Disneyland fans here hate Disneyland.
I don't like Bon Chapek's or Bob Iger's contributions to Disneyland.

Being a fan doesn't mean I have to love all the new additions to the parks. Everyone likes different things. I'm more into the types of rides Disney used to make.

Doesn't mean I have to bow down and praise each popcorn bucket or special edition churro that comes out. That's called being a consumer, not a fan.

Mickeyboof

Also - any reports of Doctor Strange show happening today? I am halting any expectations I’ll ever get to see it, as I’d not be surprised if it is already in Yesterland (Along with all the Galaxy’s Edge shows which were also completely constructed and staged - with pyrotechnics even…).

There was a time I figured Disney wouldn’t abandon something they’ve spent so much money to build… then came Jake the Droid, all the stage shows at Galaxy’s Edge, and basically EVERYTHING that comes out of the R&D department.

Professortango1

NUMBER 1 dont disparage metal gain thanks, just cause you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't great. Secondly maybe try not to sound like a kid in an ice cream store when they dont have you're favorite ice cream flavor anymore. 🤷‍♂️
No problem with Metal, just don't like bad metal. And I didn't dislike it because "it too hard for me," but because it lacked craft or skill and was just bad. Same with Mission BO. Its just loud and obnoxious. The Rocket AA is cool (I wish he wasn't shoved into the top corner of a small room), but the rest of the queue and the ride are devoid of Disney's usual attention to detail and storytelling.

Last edited:

DavidDL

... Its just loud and obnoxious. ...

My wife had a similar complaint with Guardians; she felt the tone of the attraction (the music, etc.) didn't match a drop-ride system. Because for her, the drop-ride system is a scary one or meant to be. She didn't feel like holding on for dear life and feeling like she was gonna die was suited to whatever 80's song was playing. Basically, it feels like the ride is trying to create a party atmosphere but the ride system utilized doesn't lend itself well to that kind of thing. Drop-rides are all about building a sense of dread or anticipation, then sudden thrill. Tower of Terror was the perfect choice for that sort of thing.

Professortango1

I just want to know what happened to proposed Richard tower? I thought the concept art clearly showed a response to people getting butthurt over the changes to pirates by erecting a tower of masculinity in DCA.

hk_poster_nobrick-768x1138.jpg
screen_shot_2018-03-21_at_4.04.10_pm.png

AJFireman

Okay... oh wow.

I am curious if this is just the wrong wording used to get a reaction. I think it just means that all mobile order slots are filled up not necessarily they ran out of food.

What I am seeing online is that yes food locations are sitting vacant because people with mobile orders are not inside the land. The reason they reversed the decision. This is what CMs are telling guests. Curious how this will effect the Stand By line to get into the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom