Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

J4546

lol Im happy with it. Cant wait for phase 2! I hope they will relocate the trolley building when they get around to the CA eastern gateway expansion and get rid of the tracks in avengers land and create a store where the station is now.

DCBaker

Premium Member

avcg0923850384590234203942.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 1.10.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 1.11.00 PM.png

PDF version here -

Last edited:

J4546

I think in the next 5-10 years when CA gets its eastern gateway expansion in Hollywood land area, it may possibly be marvel themed....I could see the avengers bleeding over into a new city themed expansion....

CaptinEO

Recruits! Gear up for your awesome mission of playing an INTERACTIVE SHOOTING RIDE! This has NEVER been done before! We need your help!

waltography

I don't know if it's been said here. They have previews next week for AC and a few friends going have mentioned in their emails they received, mention the use of virtual queue for web. If they're doing that for previews, makes you wonder if it'll open with that as well. Could be just a test in case they need it?
They’ll probably use virtual queue as it’s a new ride and they can’t do indoor queuing until June 15th. Not a lot of outside queue space available apart from maybe a 30 minute line.

It's been confirmed in the Disney Parks Blog that the attraction is using a VQ in the same link that @DCBaker provided in the last page: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-campus-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I'd been slightly hoping they wouldn't need to since I dislike having to start the day with the stress of getting one, but ah well. I wonder how stressful it'll be to get one next Saturday.

fctiger

So your point is that basically because Disney promised something that they clearly are not working on anymore, that we should just trust them?

My point still stands with Cars Land. Marvel is a multibillion dollar film franchise spanning dozens of films. They've owned Marvel for 10 years, and this is the best they came up with?

Look at what Universal has done with Harry Potter. Disney still hasn't even come close to 2008 Universal Studios.

It's an embarassment. Marvel Land and Star Wars Land should be the greatest themepark areas of all time, yet both are victims of poor design.

I never would imagine a Marvel Land would one day open with just a shooter ride and a restaurant and a vending cart. It's a joke and a disappointment. This is the best WDI can do? And people defend it? They clearly spent 5 years building 1/4 of a themepark land and are calling it a day.

My point is we don't know if Disney is working on it or not. :rolleyes:

Lack of construction doesn't mean it's canceled if A. they never gave us a date when it was coming or B. it could simply be delayed now. With MMRR we knew when it was coming soon because they had announced the date from the start and hence its being built. And of course it's been delayed a year. But this is becoming a broken record. We'll have to see. Yes you could be 100% correct, OK? But it gets annoying when people treat assumptions as facts as you seem to be doing here. Seriously.

And I said if you don't like what is there now or think it's a poor design, that's completely fine. I'm not arguing with you on that. That's your opinion, you every right to feel that way. Done.

Stevek

My point is we don't know if Disney is working on it or not. :rolleyes:

Lack of construction doesn't mean it's canceled if A. they never gave us a date when it was coming or B. it could simply be delayed now. But this is becoming a broken record. We'll have to see. Yes you could be 100% correct, OK? But it gets annoying when people treat assumptions as facts.

And I said if you don't like what is there now or think it's a poor design, that's completely fine. I'm not arguing with you on that. That's your opinion, you every right to feel that way. Done.
I don't think there is any way they are cancelling this...delaying for quite a while, yeah, maybe.

fctiger

I don't think there is any way they are cancelling this...delaying for quite a while, yeah, maybe.

Yeah I feel the same way too. I just don't see them outright canceling it because A. they know DCA needs more E tickets in general and B. this ride will probably be the biggest draw in the freaking park and at the level RSR was when it first first opened 3-4 hour waits for an entire year IF it's done right. The phase two stuff they had planned after CL was nice, but none of that was meant to draw in a lot of people, so it was easy to cancel. This is very very different.

But I'll say this, when they officially inaugurate AC next week and they don't mention the ride at all (or in an interview) OK, others may be right and it's canceled. Or at least a concern that it is cancelled. I am not arguing that fact, I simply think it's waaaaaay too premature to say either way at this point, that's all. But it could just be delayed several years too. But next week will be telling something has changed if its completely omitted.

October82

Yeah I feel the same way too. I just don't see them outright canceling it because A. they know DCA needs more E tickets in general and B. this ride will probably be the biggest draw in the freaking park and at the level RSR was when it first first opened 3-4 hour waits for an entire year IF it's done right. The phase two stuff they had planned after CL was nice, but none of that was meant to draw in a lot of people, so it was easy to cancel. This is very very different.

Or, Disney sees an uncertain tourism market post-Covid-19, and with a ballooning budget, judges that the risk is too high. The shelf-life for all of this is <10 years given current Hollywood development timelines, which means there's only a narrow window to capitalize on the IP. As the project gets delayed, the financial calculus changes and we're left with what was already built before Covid-19.

But I'll say this, when they officially inaugurate AC next week and they don't mention the ride at all (or in an interview) OK, others may be right and it's canceled. Or at least a concern that it is cancelled. I am not arguing that fact, I simply think it's waaaaaay too premature to say either way at this point, that's all. But it could just be delayed several years too. But next week will be telling something has changed if its completely omitted.

Projects like this don't get delayed several years, they get cancelled. It's possible that expansion pad is used (at some point) for something Marvel related, but I'd be shocked if it's anything resembling what was previously announced. It's pretty likely that nothing is ever built there.

ToTBellHop

Or, Disney sees an uncertain tourism market post-Covid-19, and with a ballooning budget, judges that the risk is too high. The shelf-life for all of this is <10 years given current Hollywood development timelines, which means there's only a narrow window to capitalize on the IP. As the project gets delayed, the financial calculus changes and we're left with what was already built before Covid-19.

Projects like this don't get delayed several years, they get cancelled. It's possible that expansion pad is used (at some point) for something Marvel related, but I'd be shocked if it's anything resembling what was previously announced. It's pretty likely that nothing is ever built there.
While I don’t share your pessimism entirely, we must remember Disney paid a fortune for Lucas and Marvel. Both lands have room for an E-ticket. I could see one but not both by 2025. Do we build two copies of a Star Wars ride (CA and FL) or do we do multiple Avengers rides sprinkled onto Avengers Campuses (CA and Paris)? They’ll want shared costs. Let’s see which IP is more relevant in a couple years. There’s also the calculus of which other park needs a ride more? I’d argue DHS will have the greater need if WDSP gets Spidey, Iron Man, Frozen, and RotR by 2025.

fctiger

Obviously that is certainly possible. We just don't know either way yet. But eventually they are going to want to build another E-ticket ride and why would they cancel something outright that is based on their biggest brand? MCU is now bigger than Star Wars. It's bigger than Avatar. It's bigger than Pixar. All of those have huge E-ticket rides in the parks. Of course they still have future E tickets coming to WDW and Hong Kong, but I just have a hard time seeing them not using this for DCA at SOME point. But yes maybe they just decided it's too costly due to the pandemic issues. And they can just make a less expensive ride of course too.

This is obviously a very different situation because we're talking about the effects of a global pandemic and shutting down literally all the parks worldwide with DLR bearing the worst of it. But due to that every upcoming attraction or land has been delayed now, including DLR. Both Tron and GOTC coaster were suppose to come out this year and now that looks like that's not happening. Every new land Disney is building worldwide has all been added an extra year to open. This is all that I'm saying, maybe just MAYBE whatever plan they had for the Avenger ride will be pushed back another year or two as well because they lost a year.

I don't understand all this pessimism? If anything Disney seems to be pushing for ALL their planned attractions and lands to still go ahead, it's just going to take longer than originally planned for some now. But AFAIK they haven't changed course on anything publicly so far.. But yes that can still change, I know.

Edit: OK, I just remembered the new Mary Poppins ride in Disney World has been officially cancelled. So I was wrong, one attraction so far has officially gotten the ax. But same time, Epcot is already getting MULTIPLE rides and upgrades including aforementioned GOTG coaster and Ratatouille so maybe they decided they could get away with cancelling that project.

Edit again: OK, it looks like I was wrong YET again lol. Mary Poppins wasn't cancelled, it was just delayed:

https:///2020/07/spaceship-earth-refurbishment-mary-poppins-attraction-postponed-lp1/

Ironically this is what I been saying though. They actually DO tell people things have gotten delayed or cancelled when they feel its big enough. And of course this is only due to the pandemic. So again, people can be 100% correct and it's cancelled. But as this proves, I don't think they are going to just ignore the fact they told everyone AC is getting a major E ticket just to hope everyone will forget about it later. My guess is if it is delayed or cancel, they will just say it as they did for Mary Poppins and Spaceship Earth! So I think assuming that is just way too premature at this point, that's all.

Last edited:

the_rich

The mcu has been around for 13 years and they show no signs of slowing down. They are here for the long haul.

fctiger

View attachment 559838

View attachment 559839View attachment 559840

PDF version here -

This is SO cool but man the area does look tiny, especially being in the middle of HL and CL, both very sprawling areas. Probably why it was smart to call it a campus instead of a land. ;)

And I just checked the app, the land is now included on the map there was well.

CaptinEO

Obviously that is certainly possible. We just don't know either way yet. But eventually they are going to want to build another E-ticket ride and why would they cancel something outright that is based on their biggest brand? MCU is now bigger than Star Wars. It's bigger than Avatar. It's bigger than Pixar. All of those have huge E-ticket rides in the parks. Of course they still have future E tickets coming to WDW and Hong Kong, but I just have a hard time seeing them not using this for DCA at SOME point. But yes maybe they just decided it's too costly due to the pandemic issues. And they can just make a less expensive ride of course too.

This is obviously a very different situation because we're talking about the effects of a global pandemic and shutting down literally all the parks worldwide with DLR bearing the worst of it. But due to that every upcoming attraction or land has been delayed now, including DLR. Both Tron and GOTC coaster were suppose to come out this year and now that looks like that's not happening. Every new land Disney is building worldwide has all been added an extra year to open. This is all that I'm saying, maybe just MAYBE whatever plan they had for the Avenger ride will be pushed back another year or two as well because they lost a year.

I don't understand all this pessimism? If anything Disney seems to be pushing for ALL their planned attractions and lands to still go ahead, it's just going to take longer than originally planned for some now. But AFAIK they haven't changed course on anything publicly so far.. But yes that can still change, I know.

Edit: OK, I just remembered the new Mary Poppins ride in Disney World has been officially cancelled. So I was wrong, one attraction so far has officially gotten the ax. But same time, Epcot is already getting MULTIPLE rides and upgrades including aforementioned GOTG coaster and Ratatouille so maybe they decided they could get away with cancelling that project.

Edit again: OK, it looks like I was wrong YET again lol. Mary Poppins wasn't cancelled, it was just delayed:

https:///2020/07/spaceship-earth-refurbishment-mary-poppins-attraction-postponed-lp1/

Ironically this is what I been saying though. They actually DO tell people things have gotten delayed or cancelled when they feel its big enough. And of course this is only due to the pandemic. So again, people can be 100% correct and it's cancelled. But as this proves, I don't think they are going to just ignore the fact they told everyone AC is getting a major E ticket just to hope everyone will forget about it later. My guess is if it is delayed or cancel, they will just say it as they did for Mary Poppins and Spaceship Earth! So I think assuming that is just way too premature at this point, that's all.
Disney never announces cancellations. Look at the Main Street Theater for Disney World or phase 2 of DCA 2.0.

Giss Neric

I wish we got a clone of that ride. I'm a huge video game fan and even love light gun games but have yet to ride a fun or thrilling shooter themepark ride.
The Ninjago ride at Legoland is similar to the new Spidey ride which it uses sensors too. I actually enjoyed that immensely than the typical shooting ride like Toy Story Mania, Buzz or Men in Black. If this is an improvement of Ninjago then it will be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom