Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

No Name

Disney+ will interestingly host Shang Chi and Eternals which will nail the coffin on Woke Disney. This is the prediction I’m actually making instead of what you’re claiming that I’m making.
And this wonderful debut of WandaVision is like a dead end of the series.
Black Panther and Captain Marvel made far more money than Ant Man and Dr. Strange. Marvel’s audience is less than 50% white and about 40% female yet their films have never reached that level of diversity. Marvel is simply done leaving money on the table like they did for their first 10 years. But your prediction seems to be based more on bigotry than facts.

dennis-in-ct

I know some people are don’t have faith in the phase 2 of the Avenger’s campus but it sounds like they are already very committed in this article from oct 2019. Plus there is a place holder area for Hong Kong for a clone of this attraction, so I have to believe it’s just a matter of time before the Quinjet ride is built

DanielBB8

Black Panther and Captain Marvel made far more money than Ant Man and Dr. Strange. Marvel’s audience is less than 50% white and about 40% female yet their films have never reached that level of diversity. Marvel is simply done leaving money on the table like they did for their first 10 years. But your prediction seems to be based more on bigotry than facts.
Wow, bigotry when China is banning the most diverse Marvel movies that are pandering to them with Asian characters and an Oscar awarding winning Chinese director. Nope, this is the Woke era when politics drives the plot lines instead of good storytelling. Be glad Black Panther was made with Chadwick Boseman. He will be replaced with his character’s sister.

These tangents are caused by YOU because I have to respond to such nonsense. I was asked about what I would name the land.
What, in your opinion, would work better?
Remember? Yep, keep feeding me. I’m the troll!!!

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

She was banned in China. This is Mulan 2 and 3 ready to explode. These movies are made for Chinese audiences, not Americans, and it’s interesting that their main market (China) has banned it.

“As for why Shang-Chi and Eternals might be banned from China, Davis cites director Chloe Zhao as the main reason for Eternals.

As reported by The New York Times, Zhao saw her Oscar win for Nomadland censored in China by the communist-run government. The censorship came after Zhao’s comments about China from 2013 resurfaced where she described the country as a place “where there are lies everywhere.”

Wait, how are these movies made for Chinese audiences? What the heck are you even talking about?

castleparker

Wow, bigotry when China is banning the most diverse Marvel movies that are pandering to them with Asian characters and an Oscar awarding winning Chinese director. Nope, this is the Woke era when politics drives the plot lines instead of good storytelling. Be glad Black Panther was made with Chadwick Boseman. He will be replaced with his character’s sister.

These tangents are caused by YOU because I have to respond to such nonsense. I was asked about what I would name the land.

Remember? Yep, keep feeding me. I’m the troll!!!
All I did was ask a simple question to gauge your opinion on something. What you did was launch into a sophomoric back and forth with a good chunk of the regular members that is now going into it's second day. It's obvious that discussing anything with you is not going to lead to any pleasant outcome, so consider your food supply from me ended.

CaptinEO

I know some people are don’t have faith in the phase 2 of the Avenger’s campus but it sounds like they are already very committed in this article from oct 2019. Plus there is a place holder area for Hong Kong for a clone of this attraction, so I have to believe it’s just a matter of time before the Quinjet ride is built
They aren't commited because it's now a year and a half from October 2019 and no construction has started on this ride and it hasn't been mention since.

Suspirian

They aren't commited because it's now a year and a half from October 2019 and no construction has started on this ride and it hasn't been mention since.

I feel like the project maybe just too ambitious lol. This may be an unpopular opinion but they seem to have had this like Potter syndrome where they thing every major park addition has to be a IP land with an enormous attraction with all new tech which I guess is cool but like.....just make a coaster lol you'll get the same amount of guests.

DanielBB8

All I did was ask a simple question to gauge your opinion on something. What you did was launch into a sophomoric back and forth with a good chunk of the regular members that is now going into it's second day. It's obvious that discussing anything with you is not going to lead to any pleasant outcome, so consider your food supply from me ended.
If I’m so wrong, everyone spent a lot of time refuting me. They’re the ones not letting go. You’re no angel. A troll.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I’m so wrong
You mean like how you think Phase 4 will kill Disney+ not realizing it's already here and successful?

You aren't "so wrong" as if you slightly got something wrong like a guess at the number of jellybeans in a jar that is debatably slightly wrong or very wrong, no, you're so wrong like you guessed the number of jellybeans with "gravy" as your final answer.

DanielBB8

You mean like how you think Phase 4 will kill Disney+ not realizing it's already here and successful?

You aren't "so wrong" as if you slightly got something wrong like a guess at the number of jellybeans in a jar that is debatably slightly wrong or very wrong, no, you're so wrong like you guessed the number of jellybeans with "gravy" as your final answer.
You misquoted me. Look it up.

“Marvel Phase 4 will destroy Marvel like what the sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.”
TROLL 😈 TROLL.

You can’t be trusted to even quote me correctly and get it right. This is major gaslighting. Sorry to say it. I’m not imagining this full blown rewriting of history.

Last edited:

fctiger

Walking through Cars Land just reminded me why this upcoming Avenger's Land feels so cheap. You would think a multibillion dollar movie franchise's land would be at least close to Cars Land in terms of budget. Instead we have another shooter ride and one restaraunt?

It feels so cheap compared to what Disney used to do, and the years of rumors about a Marvel Coaster coming to California Adventure.

They are putting a huge E ticket in the land. It's simply going to take time to build it. Yes I know it may be delayed now or even cancelled due to Covid, but until Disney comes out and says its cancelled, I'm assuming it's still being made at least.

And they only have space for one restaurant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You misquoted me. Look it up.

“Marvel Phase 4 will destroy Marvel like what the sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.”
TROLL 😈 TROLL.

You can’t be trusted to even quote me correctly and get it right. This is major gaslighting. Sorry to say it. I’m not imagining this full blown rewriting of history.
Full quote:

Whoever is still subscribing to Disney+, it’s time to cancel. Marvel Phase 4 will destroy Marvel like what the sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.

It's on D+. It's already started. It's successful.

fctiger

I feel like the project maybe just too ambitious lol. This may be an unpopular opinion but they seem to have had this like Potter syndrome where they thing every major park addition has to be a IP land with an enormous attraction with all new tech which I guess is cool but like.....just make a coaster lol you'll get the same amount of guests.

From every source so far, it sounds like it's the exact same ride being built at HKDL now and that one is already under construction. So it's not too ambitious, it's already being built. Its just a question if they are still willing to spend the money on it here. But if they are the same ride, it's already going to be much cheaper to do now which is why I imagine its the same ride since these huge complex E tickets probably can be justified in spending when you are making them for more than one park.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

They are putting a huge E ticket in the land. It's simply going to take time to build it. Yes I know it may be delayed now or even cancelled due to Covid, but until Disney comes out and says its cancelled, I'm assuming it's still being made at least.

And they only have space for one restaurant.
If it's being made it isnt in construction at all.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Well, Phase 1 was supposed to open last year, but the pandemic pushed it out a year, so I'm not sure why they would start Phase 2 construction when Phase 1 hasn't even opened yet. Disney only focused on construction over the past year for things that were already started or budgeted before the pandemic hit. A lack of mention doesn't not necessarily mean they aren't commited. It will probably take a year or two of recouping money before allocating budget for Phase 2.

1621795684631.png

Two things in this picture stand out to me. In the green circle they cleared out the asphalt for future foundation placement at the location the entrance to the Quinjet ride would be. In red circle they commited to placing the new office space in a location that is not only away from the area where they would build the Quinjet show building, but also in a place that blocks the future view of the new show building from the Luigi area. Sure, the decision for the office location could have been finalized at a time when Phase 2 was still very much up in the air (even if it may not be now), but the green circle area was created much more recently. If there is something that was meant to go there that isn't part of Phase 2, why not built it during Phase 1 contruction with everything else?

We do have two conflicting pieces of concept are that show two different things going there:

1621796293205.png

1621796304528.png

Anyway, I'm not saying Phase 2 is happening for sure, but I don't think it's dead yet either. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom