Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

DanielBB8

Naming this new land "Avengers Assemble" would be even cornier and more cliché than its current name.

There's no need to call it that. Guests will know what's happening.
I’m pretty sure most guests are in hot debate over Avengers Campus and it’s wondrous alternate universe and multiverse backstories that we’re all completely confused about while Disney is selling the Ironman Infinity Gauntlet.

I disagree. When they announced the land, Avengers Assemble was the first thing that came to mind. They’re messing it up like they did with Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge featuring Batuu and Vi.

Californian Elitist

I’m pretty sure most guests are in hot debate over Avengers Campus and it’s wondrous alternate universe and multiverse backstories that we’re all completely confused about while Disney is selling the Ironman Infinity Gauntlet.

I disagree. When they announced the land, Avengers Assemble was the first thing that came to mind. They’re messing it up like they did with Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge featuring Batuu and Vi.
The general public, aka the majority, will not care about alternate universes and backstories. All they’ll care about is getting potential fastpasses for the new rides and getting someone to wait in line at Pym while the rest of the party searches for a table or two.

George Lucas on a Bench

The majority of the general public just wants a reservation for Disneyland, not DCA. Avengerland will open to a whimper with mostly nutty Disney Parks fans taking videos of themselves while the general public are just baffled and underwhelmed by the offerings. It will be a crappy reminder of the crappy year it was intended to open and instead sat vacant like so many Hooters restaurants in California.

MoonRakerSCM

Speaking of worthless Vi... Any rumors of them creating some random stupid 'student' or something for the campus that'll walk around and ask guests if they've gotten a balloon animal from Dr. Strange yet?

Sharon&Susan

You don’t recognize your references? “Hot Diggity Dog” was in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Sigh. Why fake your ignorance?
My point was that naming an area after a catchphrase is dumb. What do certain characters being in other lands or whatever you were trying to say have anything to do with that?
WRONG. It’s not merely a catchphrase. It’s the name of the movie, the television series, and the place for Avengers to gather. Saying Avengers Assemble is so iconic and people will say “let’s go to California Adventure”.
There's no place called Avenger's Assemble, are you confusing it with Avenger's Tower by chance? Also lol no on that second thing.
On your last point, if they wish to make Avengers Assemble to be post Endgame, then that’s the best reason for using it. Their hangup was Thanos’ Snap like it messes with their narrative. They want to keep Ironman around.
You may need to toss that word salad argument again as I have no idea how you got to this point that the name would "fix" the narrative of Avenger's Campus.

DanielBB8

My point was that naming an area after a catchphrase is dumb. What do certain characters being in other lands or whatever you were trying to say have anything to do with that?

There's no place called Avenger's Assemble, are you confusing it with Avenger's Tower by chance? Also lol no on that second thing.

You may need to toss that word salad argument again as I have no idea how you got to this point that the name would "fix" the narrative of Avenger's Campus.
You assembled a bunch of references that made no sense. Nonsense. So of course you losing the argument in substance and logical order. I’ll stop going back to it and confuse you further.

Of course there’s a place called Avengers Assemble. It’s where they assembled in comics, movies (MCU), television series, and the so-called Avengers Campus. Was there a place called Avengers Campus before in Marvel Canon? Stark Tower, YES. Where else? Obviously they could assemble in whatever facility they had before. It should still be called Avengers Assemble.

The narrative was broken when Disney had the genius to make up alternate universes and multiverses. It would be fixed by having Avengers Assemble that harkens back to when Avengers originated. Then any stories could branch off whatever way they want or not. Disney actually isn’t doing new stories. They are selling Ironman Infinity Gauntlets. Thanos’ Snap still happened, but we at least still get to see Ironman.

the_rich

You assembled a bunch of references that made no sense. Nonsense. So of course you losing the argument in substance and logical order. I’ll stop going back to it and confuse you further.

Of course there’s a place called Avengers Assemble. It’s where they assembled in comics, movies (MCU), television series, and the so-called Avengers Campus. Was there a place called Avengers Campus before in Marvel Canon? Stark Tower, YES. Where else? Obviously they could assemble in whatever facility they had before. It should still be called Avengers Assemble.

The narrative was broken when Disney had the genius to make up alternate universes and multiverses. It would be fixed by having Avengers Assemble that harkens back to when Avengers originated. Then any stories could branch off whatever way they want or not. Disney actually isn’t doing new stories. They are selling Ironman Infinity Gauntlets. Thanos’ Snap still happened, but we at least still get to see Ironman.
There is 100% no place called avengers assemble in any marvel universe or multiverse. It's a call to action that captain america says in the movie and is said in avengers comics. It's a phrase not a place.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

You suggested naming a land after a catchphrase, I suggested naming multiple well known Disney lands after catchphrases of characters in them. Please learn to connect the dots and have better reading comprehension, I'd also appreciate it if you didn't try to turn this into a competition, thank You.

Again if you think there's a place called "Avenger's Assemble" (which makes 0 sense as a name for a place in the English language) and that Disney invented the Marvel multiverse a few months ago, you probably aren't in the market for this land or a good judge on what Marvel fans would want.

Sharon&Susan

The Assembly of Avengers
1621745546279.png

DanielBB8

You suggested naming a land after a catchphrase, I suggested naming multiple well known Disney lands after catchphrases of characters in them. Please learn to connect the dots and have better reading comprehension, I'd also appreciate it if you didn't try to turn this into a competition, thank You.

Again if you think there's a place called "Avenger's Assemble" (which makes 0 sense as a name for a place in the English language) and that Disney invented the Marvel multiverse a few months ago, you probably aren't in the market for this land or a good judge on what Marvel fans would want.
I did and pointed out how your lovely examples don’t work. Nice try.

Nice to point out how Disney invented new stuff for the new land that no Marvel fan would ever find necessary and relate to since it was never in a movie, comic, or television show. Funny how you say I’m not a good judge for this. Who actually is?

DanielBB8

And disney didn't have the genius idea to created multiverses. They've been a staple of the comics for decades.
So why didn’t they use that possibility in Endgame? (Dr Strange).
No lol

Someone who has actually read a comic book or watched a Marvel movie before.
You didn’t even recognize your own “Hot Diggity Dog” reference was in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 😆 LOL.

There’s nothing in Avengers Campus to reference the last 2 biggest movies because they want to forget it except merchandising purposes. 😂

Sharon&Susan

You didn’t even recognize your own “Hot Diggity Dog” reference was in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 😆 LOL.
Please learn the difference between tangentially relating to what is in a post and actually arguing the point. Saying that Toontown should be renamed Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has nothing to do with my overall point about how stupid it is to name a land after a catchphrase.
There’s nothing in Avengers Campus to reference the last 2 biggest movies because they want to forget it except merchandising purposes. 😂
They're going to keep referencing them in the MCU, they're just not referencing it in the land so you can't complain about "Woke Disney is stopping you from meeting the true Captain America".

J4546

So much debate over a marvel avengers land in disneyland jeez... My opinion, Its a cool new addition to CA with a new ride, shops, shows, eats, and theming. I think its way better than bugs land and am super happy to see it added to CA. I look forward to seeing all my fave super heroes milling about, and cant wait to see how it looks at night! With Avengers Campus CA is a pretty ggod park, though still not an all day park, But a great sister park to Disneyland. Hopefully the phase 2 E-ticket is announced sooner than later.

DanielBB8

Please learn the difference between tangentially relating to what is in a post and actually arguing the point. Saying that Toontown should be renamed Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has nothing to do with my overall point about how stupid it is to name a land after a catchphrase.

They're going to keep referencing them in the MCU, they're just not referencing it in the land so you can't complain about "Woke Disney is stopping you from meeting the true Captain America".
Your failure to make it stick has not gone unnoticed.

Whoever is still subscribing to Disney+, it’s time to cancel. Marvel Phase 4 will destroy Marvel like what the sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.
Avengers Assemble is a terrible name for a place. Its a call to action, not a noun. That's like renaming Big Thunder "Hang onto your has and glasses."
I’m glad I know “Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!” is in the Collector’s Fortress. Great name for the attraction and the character’s tower.

Who calls it the Collector’s Fortress? Almost no one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom