Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MagicWDI

Maybe for Avengers and a future Star Wars attraction?
I bet Disney is foaming at the mouth for even more. Buy a Peter Pan hat that unlocks pixie dust that spells your name on the ride, or a Space Mountain bracelet that unlocks new space effects. And of course anything coming through R&D focusing on future developments. New attractions could be designed to have these types of unlockable add-ons. I almost fear this is just the tip of the iceberg

D.Silentu

Let's guess! I'm pegging it at $40-50 because it's Disney and it'd put it on a similar price point to the interactive wands, but I'd consider getting one if it ended up being $25-30 like their other Glow with the Show items.
They would be wise to stick with this price point. I presumed that the lightsabers at Galaxy's Edge would be priced in a similar range and was surprised at how far off I was. I imagine charging for these web shooters in such a way, coupled with their variety would encourage repeat purchases.
Maybe for Avengers and a future Star Wars attraction?
I still can hardly believe that the custom lightsabers weren't designed to trigger some Force driven special effects within the land, emulating Universal's wands. Before Galaxy's Edge opened I assumed that was why they were so expensive.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Let's guess! I'm pegging it at $40-50 because it's Disney and it'd put it on a similar price point to the interactive wands, but I'd consider getting one if it ended up being $25-30 like their other Glow with the Show items.

The merch in the new land is on the whole pretty good so far, web bands notwithstanding.

$65

"Disney California Adventure will sell $65 web shooters and repulsor cannons that will unlock superhero powers on the Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure when the attraction debuts with the new Avengers Campus themed land on June 4."

ETA - "The base model Web Tech Power Band costs $35. The Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue upgrades cost an additional $30."

Last edited:

Newtwo

I wonder how this will work. Would have to think these are RFID/NFC based like the kyber crystals at GE. I wonder how they "authorize" with the ride. Also I wonder if they have any functionality after you authorize with the attraction.

MagicWDI

I wonder how this will work. Would have to think these are RFID/NFC based like the kyber crystals at GE. I wonder how they "authorize" with the ride. Also I wonder if they have any functionality after you authorize with the attraction.
I have to say that regardless of the type of technology being used, we can safely say this attraction will be very technically advanced in many aspects of the experience. Being able to track 4 humans, 8 arms including their finger gestures, all 60 times a second is very impressive. Makes me wonder if it will catch me flipping up the Spider Bots and whether it is true that they have ejection seats installed.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They would be wise to stick with this price point. I presumed that the lightsabers at Galaxy's Edge would be priced in a similar range and was surprised at how far off I was. I imagine charging for these web shooters in such a way, coupled with their variety would encourage repeat purchases.
Yeah. At $50 you'd be paying the same price as a lightsaber if you collected all four. I do like the fact that you can essentially now ride the attraction 5 times in a row and get a somewhat different experience if you paid for it. I can't imagine lugging these things around all day in your backpack or bringing them with you next time you visit.

Edit: Just saw the $65 post. 😬

I still can hardly believe that the custom lightsabers weren't designed to trigger some Force driven special effects within the land, emulating Universal's wands. Before Galaxy's Edge opened I assumed that was why they were so expensive.

Couldn't agree more. Was going to say that doing something similar to what they have at the Magic Kingdom with "A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas" or the former "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" would have been cool.

Technically, they do have something similar with the interactive features of the Play Disney app. I'm probably one of the few on this forum that enjoys playing the interactive games through the app. Hacking into stuff is probably the coolest feature. Making the Falcon, X-Wing, and A-Wing make sounds and spew fog is fun. Also, you can make the various droids around the land activate and make sounds and movements. You can also make the radio antennas make sounds. I'll occasionally do the other games where you hack into door panels or look for cargo to generate credits, but the biggest drawback to that is that you can't spend the credits you earn. It would be cool to be able to accumulate credits and spend them on merch discounts or Fastpasses to the attractions. Give me tangible incentives to play!

During the interactivity, you are boosting either the Resistance's or First Order's hold on the land. At the end of the day, one or the other has control, but someone once suggested that they should have done a ceremony or something at the end of the day (maybe light colors or flags throughout the land) to signify which side took overall control. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Yeah. At $50 you'd be paying the same price as a lightsaber if you collected all four. I do like the fact that you can essentially now ride the attraction 5 times in a row and get a somewhat different experience if you paid for it. I can't imagine lugging these things around all day in your backpack or bringing them with you next time you visit.

Edit: Just saw the $65 post. 😬

Just to be clear - "The base model Web Tech Power Band costs $35. The Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue upgrades cost an additional $30."

SSG

You have to admit that this is clever. Upsell a gadget that gives you a different, possibly better, experience on an attraction. Start with a set of four, but other heroes and powers can be added down the line.

I wasn't expecting to associate 'clever' with Bob C., but doggone if this isn't clever.

Not in the theme park sense of course.....

themarchhare

You have to admit that this is clever. Upsell a gadget that gives you a different, possibly better, experience on an attraction. Start with a set of four, but other heroes and powers can be added down the line.

I wasn't expecting to associate 'clever' with Bob C., but doggone if this isn't clever.

Not in the theme park sense of course.....
It would be clever (albeit crappy) if it sells. And I'm pretty sure that's potentially not going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom