Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

waltography

With an Ollivander's wand in the WWoHP, you can spend hours and hours in the alleys of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley interacting with the thousands of animations seamlessly integrated within the land. And it's 55 bucks...

With this power-band you only get 4min and 30s to profit from your $65 purchase...
I like the wands as much as the next Wizarding World fan but this is a completely disingenuous argument. There's perhaps a handful of spells you can cast in both lands at USF and less so at USH. Moreover, the price points are for sure comparable ($55 for a stick with a retro-reflector at the end, $35 for a Nintendo power glove-lite).

MoonRakerSCM

You don't need to buy it to experience the attraction. You're still shooting webs in a Spider Man attraction, which is basically what they promised.
Yes, but if you truly love your children, you will buy this for them. Imagine poor Jimmy at school... Being bullied because he was only able to shoot 'regular' webs... And not superpower webs like his better off friends... Whose parents love them more.

DrAlice

If it turns out that the ride is totally sucky without the upsell (*cough* Legoland's Ninjago *cough*), then I will find this highly disappointing and will mark this as the downfall of modern Disneyland. However, if the ride is fine without it and they can make money on the few suckers willing to shell out extra cash so they can get a high score on a theme park ride, then more power to them. Diabolical genius, indeed.

Maybe next they can design an Infinity Gauntlet that, when you snap, eliminates half the people in line ahead of you.
Now THIS is something I would buy! :)

The Aracuan Bird

Another shade thrown...Also, ain't the Super Nintendo World Power-Up Bands from Universal Japan also an add-on /up charge.

Very true. Not sure how comparable the two are though.

The Nintendo ones don’t enhance the ride but rather, let you play mini games in the land. The alternate bands are purely aesthetic.

With the web shooters, it seems to only work with the ride, and the add one have different functions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought you said flailing at first. I guess that applies too.
The trick is not to move one's arms around. Just make the movements with the wrists. The sensors are expecting small movements, not large. Just as large as the icons on the ground showing the movement.

Oh, and you have to shout the command really loud. As loud as you can!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another shade thrown...Also, ain't the Super Nintendo World Power-Up Bands from Universal Japan also an add-on /up charge.

Disney could respond with a retort about wands being DLC for the Potter Land.

This is a dangerous game Uni is playing. It's fun for a sly comment a few times a year, not in weeks. Being openly ridiculing is a bad look and invites harsher responses if not from Disney, then from Disney fans, and then you get into fan-wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom