Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Giss Neric

As it was described to me by a former cast member, the choreographer was from professional theater and not accustomed to the rigors of the amusement industry. Their routines were intrinsically designed to be performed once a day, not four times. I got the impression that a lot of the injuries were due to repetitive stress, though I've only seen the show once and am not very familiar with the dances.
A big letdown of playing four times a day is that you don't get the best of the best. Some of the cast are not as great (sometimes horrible) as others and you can't choose the time when to watch for a specific Elsa that you want. On the other hand, the Aladdin musical always had great genies. All of them are funny no matter what time.

J4546

made a more "realistic" version of my hollywoodland expansion idea, this one doesnt involve moving hyperion. everything would be themed with a city street facade with ornate neon theater entrances for each ride, making the street look like LA's boradway st in the 1930s/40s, yellow line is new trolley and monorail tracks

Attachments

• ca1.jpg
    ca1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 83

Markiewong

I like the MCU. Many people do. But I highly doubt many casual (and even some hardcore) MCU fans are going to care about the backstory of the snack shack lemonade stand. At most, the Shawarma will be a nice callback to the first Avengers film.
This is the fanbase that created entire theories about Wandavision's storyline based on the existence of a carpet with a hexagon on it, or a missing book in Docter Strange. The MCU fanbase is beyond obsessed with details, be it the background/texts/commercials/objects that are in the shot. If you really think that MCU fans don't care about a backstory or a lemonade stand, you don't know the fanbase good enough.

The Aracuan Bird

This is the fanbase that created entire theories about Wandavision's storyline based on the existence of a carpet with a hexagon on it, or a missing book in Docter Strange. The MCU fanbase is beyond obsessed with details, be it the background/texts/commercials/objects that are in the shot. If you really think that MCU fans don't care about a backstory or a lemonade stand, you don't know the fanbase good enough.
Is that Marvel fans at large? Or the extremely dedicated online community?

No Name

This is a small percentage of people who are obsessed with the details of the MCU, of which I may or may not be part of, and I’ve seen very few of them care about the theme park land. If you really think that many MCU fans give a rats about the small details of non-canon Avengers Campus, you don’t know the fanbase good enough!

The Aracuan Bird

This is a small percentage of people who are obsessed with the details of the MCU, of which I may or may not be part of, and I’ve seen very few of them care about the theme park land. If you really think that many MCU fans give a rats *** about the small details of non-canon Avengers Campus, you don’t know the fanbase good enough!
The big thing for them, if they ever visit, will be the rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The people that really care about the most successful film franchise ever are as at least as numerous than the little girls that care about the princesses. You let different groups have their own fanbase and their own portion of the theme park. And then you also try to make it as interesting as possible for a general audience. Those with particular interests can go deeper. Those who don't, can ignore it and just take in the big picture.

The Aracuan Bird

The people that really care about the most successful film franchise ever are as at least as numerous than the little girls that care about the princesses. You let different groups have their own fanbase and their own portion of the theme park. And then you also try to make it as interesting as possible for a general audience. Those with particular interests can go deeper. Those who don't, can ignore it and just take in the big picture.
Which is fine. So long as they aren’t prioritizing the easier to execute niche stuff instead of the big things.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"What better way to gear up for this epic adventure and embrace your inner Super Hero than with a first look at all-new merchandise coming to Avengers Campus? And better yet, some of these new products will be coming first to Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop featuring Avengers Campus, Disney+ and Super Hero products on May 29 before arriving at WEB Suppliers and the Avengers Campus Supply Pod inside Avengers Campus on June 4.

atacmg394794691311.gif

Now there is one SUPER thing we haven’t shared yet… While everyone will be able to sling webs on the attraction, for the first time ever on a Disney Parks attraction, you’ll be able to customize your experience aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure with WEB Tech accessories. Yes, you read that correctly; when you gear up, you’ll be able to find your OWN powers and get a different experience aboard the attraction!

atacmg394794691312a.jpg
atacmg394794691312b.jpg

As a refresher, on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, you’ll don 3D glasses on a test-drive of the aspiring inventor’s latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, and discover your web-slinging super powers. Through specially designed, innovative technology that recognizes body movements and gestures, you’ll reach out your hands and sling webs from your wrists, just like Spider-Man!

First, you power up with a WEB Power Band. This base band features an attraction mode that unlocks multi-fire webs aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to personalize the game play for a cool, new experience on the attraction.

atacmg394794691313a-683x1024.jpg
atacmg394794691313b-683x1024.jpg

atacmg394794691313c-683x1024.jpg
atacmg394794691313d-683x1024.jpg

Then, you can find your own powers and add on WEB Tech inspired by some favorite Super Heroes including Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue to your WEB Power Bands.

As seen above, WEB Tech can change your powers on the attraction to those inspired by fan-favorite Super Heroes– from Spider-Man and Ghost Spider with electro-dynamic webs, to Iron Man and Rescue with repulsor blasts.

Spider-Man and Ghost Spider-inspired WEB Shooters change your powers to electro-dynamic webs on the attraction and at home, features lights, sounds, projections, and webs that eject and retract. Iron Man and Rescue-inspired Repulsor Cannons change your powers to repulsor blasts on the attraction and at home. They also light up and blast air while you practice your repulsor powers with training spheres."

More at the link below -

CaptinEO

Of those Marvel movie ticket sales how many were obsessed super fans and how many were kids wearing spiderman underwear?

People made the same bad argument for why GE had a "canon" and "serious" story, that Star Wars fans would supposedly "freak out" at a Star Wars themepark land if the story didnt make sense.

Yet the general movie buyer / themepark visitor wouldnt be bothered at all and would love to see Luke, Leia, Han Solo, and Darth Vader in the Star Wars Land.

castleparker

"What better way to gear up for this epic adventure and embrace your inner Super Hero than with a first look at all-new merchandise coming to Avengers Campus? And better yet, some of these new products will be coming first to Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop featuring Avengers Campus, Disney+ and Super Hero products on May 29 before arriving at WEB Suppliers and the Avengers Campus Supply Pod inside Avengers Campus on June 4.

atacmg394794691311.gif

Now there is one SUPER thing we haven’t shared yet… While everyone will be able to sling webs on the attraction, for the first time ever on a Disney Parks attraction, you’ll be able to customize your experience aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure with WEB Tech accessories. Yes, you read that correctly; when you gear up, you’ll be able to find your OWN powers and get a different experience aboard the attraction!

atacmg394794691312a.jpg
atacmg394794691312b.jpg

As a refresher, on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, you’ll don 3D glasses on a test-drive of the aspiring inventor’s latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, and discover your web-slinging super powers. Through specially designed, innovative technology that recognizes body movements and gestures, you’ll reach out your hands and sling webs from your wrists, just like Spider-Man!

First, you power up with a WEB Power Band. This base band features an attraction mode that unlocks multi-fire webs aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to personalize the game play for a cool, new experience on the attraction.

Then, you can find your own powers and add on WEB Tech inspired by some favorite Super Heroes including Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue to your WEB Power Bands.

As seen above, WEB Tech can change your powers on the attraction to those inspired by fan-favorite Super Heroes– from Spider-Man and Ghost Spider with electro-dynamic webs, to Iron Man and Rescue with repulsor blasts.

Spider-Man and Ghost Spider-inspired WEB Shooters change your powers to electro-dynamic webs on the attraction and at home, features lights, sounds, projections, and webs that eject and retract. Iron Man and Rescue-inspired Repulsor Cannons change your powers to repulsor blasts on the attraction and at home. They also light up and blast air while you practice your repulsor powers with training spheres."
Is that an upsell for an attraction? Is....is that a first? If so that is diabolically genius.

The Aracuan Bird

atacmg394794691311.gif

atacmg394794691312a.jpg
atacmg394794691312b.jpg

More at the link below -

Cool! Kind of like the Insomniac game, in a way.

waltography

atacmg394794691311.gif

atacmg394794691312a.jpg
atacmg394794691312b.jpg

More at the link below -

This reminds me of the Glow with the Show ears and Paint the Night paintbrushes - same design philosophy. Maybe their response to HP wands. I don't think I'd buy one myself (the design seems oddly clunky), but I vibe with the idea depending on how successful it registers the movement.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Web Slingers is basically using the "Freemium" model. It's free to all, but if you want a more "premium" experience you have to pay for upgrades.

The question I have is whether these add-ons give you a points advantage. Do we know yet if this attraction will be points-based like BLAB or TSMM?

I'm curious how expensive they will be. I'd be down to get the Iron Man one. Also, my brother collects Pops! and I may need to pick him up one. Gonna need to dig into my savings on this trip lol.

Disney Analyst

atacmg394794691311.gif

atacmg394794691312a.jpg
atacmg394794691312b.jpg

More at the link below -

Did not see that coming!

waltography

Web Slingers is basically using the "Freemium" model. It's free to all, but if you want a more "premium" experience you have to pay for upgrades.

The question I have is whether these add-ons give you a points advantage. Do we know yet if this attraction will be points-based like BLAB or TSMM?

I'm curious how expensive they will be. I'd be down to get the Iron Man one. Also, my brother collects Pops! and I may need to pick him up one. Gonna need to dig into my savings on this trip lol.
Let's guess! I'm pegging it at $40-50 because it's Disney and it'd put it on a similar price point to the interactive wands, but I'd consider getting one if it ended up being $25-30 like their other Glow with the Show items.

The merch in the new land is on the whole pretty good so far, web bands notwithstanding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom