Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Just to be clear - "The base model Web Tech Power Band costs $35. The Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue upgrades cost an additional $30."
Right....but the $35 power band is useless without at least one upgrade, so at minimum you need to pay $65. I was just wrong on my assessment that it would be $65 x 4 ($260) when it will really be $35 + ($30 x 4) or $155 to have all the upgrades since you only need one power band.

Disney Analyst

It doesn't have the appeal of a wand or a lightsaber.

I absolutely don't think they will, no.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong!

Well, completely anecdotal, but my co-worker is not a theme park person, but loves Marvel. I sent her the link with the ride and the power up option and she was absolutely freaking out over the prospect.

I personally think you will see a lot of people walking around with these and using them on the ride.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It doesn't have the appeal of a wand or a lightsaber.

I absolutely don't think they will, no.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong!
They have the appeal that they make the attraction experience different. We all know the vloggers and die-hard fans will get them, and then the normal guest sees others using them (after Covid when parties can be mixed) and see how they get an advantage on the ride and want to get one themselves, or their kids begging to get one.

J4546

maybe this power band tech will make its way to GE as a "force" mechanism, allowing you to move physical object/props with your hands, trigger lights and sounds, and then be applied all over the parks...

lazyboy97o

With an Ollivander's wand in the WWoHP, you can spend hours and hours in the alleys of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley interacting with the thousands of animations seamlessly integrated within the land. And it's only 30 bucks...

With this power-band you only get 4min and 30s to profit from your $65 purchase...
The interactive wands start at $55.

waltography

Technically, they do have something similar with the interactive features of the Play Disney app. I'm probably one of the few on this forum that enjoys playing the interactive games through the app. Hacking into stuff is probably the coolest feature. Making the Falcon, X-Wing, and A-Wing make sounds and spew fog is fun. Also, you can make the various droids around the land activate and make sounds and movements. You can also make the radio antennas make sounds. I'll occasionally do the other games where you hack into door panels or look for cargo to generate credits, but the biggest drawback to that is that you can't spend the credits you earn. It would be cool to be able to accumulate credits and spend them on merch discounts or Fastpasses to the attractions. Give me tangible incentives to play!

During the interactivity, you are boosting either the Resistance's or First Order's hold on the land. At the end of the day, one or the other has control, but someone once suggested that they should have done a ceremony or something at the end of the day (maybe light colors or flags throughout the land) to signify which side took overall control. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about lol.
The Disney Play app is honestly a lot of fun when they integrate physical props into the land. Pre-COVID, I'd trigger the Tinkerbell in Peter Pan's queue while I passed the ride because more often than not lots of folks didn't know it was a thing; the reactions the kids got were so cute.

I like the Datapad stuff, but I agree it's all very limited to the app - far from what they initially promised in terms of integrating your reputation in the land.

$65

"Disney California Adventure will sell $65 web shooters and repulsor cannons that will unlock superhero powers on the Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure when the attraction debuts with the new Avengers Campus themed land on June 4."

ETA - "The base model Web Tech Power Band costs $35. The Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue upgrades cost an additional $30."

It's a little too steep for my liking. The interactive wands are $10 cheaper and they make great display pieces too (I have a reed wand myself).

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
maybe this power band tech will make its way to GE as a "force" mechanism, allowing you to move physical object/props with your hands, trigger lights and sounds, and then be applied all over the parks...
While this may be cool, I wouldn't hold my breath. If the imagineers wanted to have this type of interaction they would have built it into the land at original construction. They can't even keep a stunt show or droids walking around let alone spend money on reconstructing interactive force elements into the land.

As I described above, they already built in interactivity through the Play Disney app where you can make the ships and droids do things via the app and while it's not as cool as using the force or waving a magic wand, it satisfies the imagineers as having inserted interactive elements. I'm still waiting for a bounty hunter to track me down in the cantina to tell me I crashed the Falcon.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The Disney Play app is honestly a lot of fun when they integrate physical props into the land. Pre-COVID, I'd trigger the Tinkerbell in Peter Pan's queue while I passed the ride because more often than not lots of folks didn't know it was a thing; the reactions the kids got were so cute.
I didn't even know you could do that. I thought the interactive elements were limited to Galaxy's Edge. Are there any other ones around the park?

waltography

You have to admit that this is clever. Upsell a gadget that gives you a different, possibly better, experience on an attraction. Start with a set of four, but other heroes and powers can be added down the line.
If they sell a Scarlet Witch upgrade I'm in - I don't even think that technically works in Marvel lore but I want it all the same.

waltography

I didn't even know you could do that. I thought the interactive elements were limited to Galaxy's Edge. Are there any other ones around the park?
Definitely! In the Peter Pan queue they embedded an I Spy game with carved things in the wood, and the finale before you board is you can trigger Tinkerbell in a lantern.

You can also get a fortune a day from both Esmeralda on Main Street and Fortune Red in New Orleans Square - each card also gives you a "chapter" of a story and I think there's a couple stories at ten chapters a piece. Fun to stop by and grab a chapter as a free keepsake.

No Name

The Parks, Experiences, and Products division is really living up to its name with this one. It’s a pretty clever idea.

I have to say that regardless of the type of technology being used, we can safely say this attraction will be very technically advanced in many aspects of the experience. Being able to track 4 humans, 8 arms including their finger gestures, all 60 times a second is very impressive. Makes me wonder if it will catch me flipping up the Spider Bots and whether it is true that they have ejection seats installed.
I hope it actually works reliably. I know it’s been 10 years and these sensors aren’t consumer products but my Xbox Kinect days sure aren’t giving me any confidence.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With an Ollivander's wand in the WWoHP, you can spend hours and hours in the alleys of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley interacting with the thousands of animations seamlessly integrated within the land. And it's 55 bucks...

With this power-band you only get 4min and 30s to profit from your $65 purchase...
Yes, thousands of animations. 🙄

And no waiting ten minutes for three kids ahead of you failing over and over again to make the animatronics work.

Seamless.

G.L.A.D.I.O

LOL I hope for your sake that the Spider-man adventure queue will not exceed 10 minutes then.

🔴Spoiler alert 🔴: IT WILL ! And it will take you hours to reach the ride vehicle🤫😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom