Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

lazyboy97o

Hey, interesting fact about Universal's Spider-Man ride - did you know the voice of Spider-Man on the ride was provided by Chris Edgerly, also the voice of Scuttle in the Little Mermaid ride?
That’s not the only connection between The Little Mermaid and Spider-Man. Christopher Daniel Barnes, the voice of Eric, is the voice of Spider-Man in Spider-Man: The Animated Series on which the ride’s art direction is based.

mickEblu

Attractions still get a ticket designation during development. Even Universal uses them.

The question is what comes first? The budget or the ticket designation? I’d imagine the budget determines what kind of attraction you are going to make and then the ticket classification is Just a cute label.

lazyboy97o

The question is what comes first? The budget or the ticket designation? I’d imagine the budget determines what kind of attraction you are going to make and then the ticket classification is Just a cute label.
It varies but the ticket is usually going to come first because it sets an understanding of scale and scope for the ideas being considered. A firm budget doesn’t come until after Blue Sky and Concept Design when feasibility is studied and the project is officially green lit.

britain

There is when the ride is about Spider-Man. That'a high roller dog. You go E or better for Spidey. Not C.

I think they made the calculation that Spidey is the most “little kid” friendly of all the Marvel characters. Hence the innuendo-laced Guardians of the Galaxy get ToT, while Spidey gets a game-like ride with no height requirement. Don’t waste that IP on things like a Rock-n-Roller Coaster overlay (which was considered) and disappoint every 5 year old begging their parents to take them on the Spider-Man ride.

Underoos!

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think they made the calculation that Spidey is the most “little kid” friendly of all the Marvel characters. Hence the innuendo-laced Guardians of the Galaxy get ToT, and Spidey gets a game-like ride with no height requirement. Don’t waste that IP on things like a Rock-n-Roller Coaster overlay (which was considered) and disappoint every 5 year old begging their parents to take them on the Spider-Man ride.

Underoos!
That is why Disney is stupid

smooch

You do realize that comics are aimed at kids 8-12, right? All kids should be able to ride the Spiderman ride. It would be like making a high thrill Elsa ride. It would be a pretty big misstep.
I know the Incredicoaster doesn't really count because it was just a rollercoaster they added babies on sticks to, but that's a very family oriented movie that is a thrill attraction. It isn't a good ride but that's more of the execution of theme (hard to theme a rollercoaster meant to be a classic boardwalk coaster) but I think there are instances where a high thrill ride for a younger target audience could work. Something like Space Mountain thrill could work well for something like Spider-Man, I see young kids ride but it is also thrilling enough where some young kids (me in the past) are scared to ride. Honestly if it was a Spider-Man ride with that much thrill I would have convinced myself to power through to see Spider-Man 🤣

Brer Panther

You do realize that comics are aimed at kids 8-12, right? All kids should be able to ride the Spiderman ride. It would be like making a high thrill Elsa ride. It would be a pretty big misstep.
All those Princess and the Frog-loving kids are gonna be really disappointed when they don't make the height requirement for the rethemed Splash Mountain.

Yes, I'm still harping on that.

lazyboy97o

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man has a minimum height requirement of 40" which makes it accessible to most 4 year olds.

All those Princess and the Frog-loving kids are gonna be really disappointed when they don't make the height requirement for the rethemed Splash Mountain.

Yes, I'm still harping on that.
See above.

Chupaca Bruh

Apparently the congestion /pinch point issue has not been understood by the new designers.
1608328176786.png

Attachments

• 1608328132762.png
    1608328132762.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 81

TP2000

Apparently the congestion /pinch point issue has not been understood by the new designers.
View attachment 519561

That's also the trolley route and the gate where the trolley goes to Never Never Land.

It's also the walkway between DCA's two eventual Marvel E Tickets; Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! opened in 2017 and Avengers E Ticket: Budget Cut Version! opening 2032 after Disney+ produces a decade of fat profits.

It may not be a problem a year from now when DCA reopens, but by the 2030's it could be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom