Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

TimeDuck

I'm still hopeful they surprise us with at least one attraction when the land opens in DCA.

Also don't forget there is a little Marvel coaster being built in Epcot right now.

True, things are happening at least. Overlay in Paris with a land planned, overlay and E-ticket in Hong Kong, and an E-ticket in Orlando. But as excited as I am for those things I'm just a sucker for the old-school, blue sky WDI E-ticket that I was hoping would be here. Something with animatronics and sets that pushes the boundaries for attractions using Marvel. As fun as a coaster might be, it's not that. And neither are overlays.

I had my heart set (foolishly) on that Spider-Man swinging pendulum they patented awhile back, really hoping that was going to be the thing here. Now who knows how long I'll have to wait to get that or anything like that E-Ticket (if ever).

BrianLo

Original Poster
True, things are happening at least. Overlay in Paris with a land planned, overlay and E-ticket in Hong Kong, and an E-ticket in Orlando. But as excited as I am for those things I'm just a sucker for the old-school, blue sky WDI E-ticket that I was hoping would be here. Something with animatronics and sets that pushes the boundaries for attractions using Marvel. As fun as a coaster might be, it's not that. And neither are overlays.

I had my heart set (foolishly) on that Spider-Man swinging pendulum they patented awhile back, really hoping that was going to be the thing here. Now who knows how long I'll have to wait to get that or anything like that E-Ticket (if ever).

Hong Kong is getting three attractions and Paris I'm pretty sure more than one. The roll out is weirdly uncoordinated, but there are potentially 9 unique Marvel attractions that will be on board by 2023.

I'm disappointed that this project should have been under construction arguably 1-2 years ago. But at least it is starting, mostly.

mickEblu

What is the E ticket for Marvel in Hong Kong?

BrianLo

Original Poster
What is the E ticket for Marvel in Hong Kong?

We don't know other than it has a large potential footprint and looks like the below.

Hong-Kong-Disneyland-SITEPLAN.jpg

Tomorrowland will essentially be Space Mountain, Iron Man Experience, the Antman Shooter and a Marvel E-ticket with apparently the starjets surviving the cut. Presumably there will be a light retheme of the restaurant and front shop.

PhLKYWN_yiZFs3sTBMSkrk3L_UH4Zxay8gTiF-dCfuA.jpg

mickEblu

We don't know other than it has a large potential footprint and looks like the below.

Hong-Kong-Disneyland-SITEPLAN.jpg

Tomorrowland will essentially be Space Mountain, Iron Man Experience, the Antman Shooter and a Marvel E-ticket with apparently the starjets surviving the cut. Presumably there will be a light retheme of the restaurant and front shop.

PhLKYWN_yiZFs3sTBMSkrk3L_UH4Zxay8gTiF-dCfuA.jpg

This is what should have happened to our TL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Don't give up hope just yet. Things are in the works. It may just take longer than we initially expected to get the E-Ticket you're looking for.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Doubt it. 2 Marvel lands?

It was a joke, however with that said....

Plenty of Marvel properties available for use. MCU Phase 4 is rumored to be more centered around more cosmic adventures. Characters like Adam Warlock, The Ravegers, and The Watchers are likely to play a role in Phase 4.

So they can do a complete redo of TL in a more cosmic theme using any of these cosmic characters or more from the MCU.

Not saying it will happen, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Ismael Flores

i cant believe they replace the gorgeous large trees in DCA Paradise park and out in smaller trees that give less shade.

it is not like they affected anything. that area has the huge WOC viewing area on one side and mermaid building on ither side. now all this foliage gone.

seems like this new team working on DCA is reverting the park to the shade less chaotic park it was before the huge make over

Old Mouseketeer

i cant believe they replace the gorgeous large trees in DCA Paradise park and out in smaller trees that give less shade.

it is not like they affected anything. that area has the huge WOC viewing area on one side and mermaid building on ither side. now all this foliage gone.

seems like this new team working on DCA is reverting the park to the shade less chaotic park it was before the huge make over

California is battling a non-native beetle infestation that attacks certain types of trees. One of my Bothans reported that there are signs where trees around TDA have been removed with replacements to come. There are many trees around the resort that have been treated, had infested limbs removed, or been taken out entirely. This is affecting many dozens, if not hundreds, of trees. Here's one story about the crisis with the title: "The shot hole borer beetle could kill 38% of all trees in the L.A. region."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...southern-california-trees-20171130-story.html

Disney Irish

Premium Member
California is battling a non-native beetle infestation that attacks certain types of trees. One of my Bothans reported that there are signs where trees around TDA have been removed with replacements to come. There are many trees around the resort that have been treated, had infested limbs removed, or been taken out entirely. This is affecting many dozens, if not hundreds, of trees. Here's one story about the crisis with the title: "The shot hole borer beetle could kill 38% of all trees in the L.A. region."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...southern-california-trees-20171130-story.html

Damn bugs just can't leave quietly now that Stark took over....

SuddenStorm

My expectations are below dinosaur bones.

I've recently had a similar attitude with all current projects happening at DLR.

If Fantasmic 2017 (I refuse to call it 2.0 since that implies it's better), Mission Breakout, Toy Story Land, and Pixar Pier are any indication of what current WDI is capable of, I don't have high hopes for Galaxy's Edge and Marvel Land.

Yes, I know Galaxy's Edge is being marketed as Disney's most ambitious land ever. I've received a lot of pushback elsewhere online for suggesting that the Imagineering team won't do a complete 180 in terms of quality and wow us next year.

Do I think they'll try and be ambitious with Galaxy's Edge and Marvel? Of course. But I think we're gonna end up with an expensive, beautiful mess on both accounts- just like Fantasmic 2017 and Mission: Breakout.

SuddenStorm

This is what should have happened to our TL.

Agreed. Some kind of Stark themed future tech attraction where the Carousel theater stands would have done wonders for increasing the quality of the land.

That, and designing a roller coaster type ride for the People Mover track (that would be exempt from a number of laws preventing the return of an actual peoplemover) and a thorough refurb of Buzz and the building facades would do wonders for bringing life back into TL.

Oh, and eject Star Tours for an Ant Man: Adventure thru the Quantum Realm omnimover ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom