Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

They should've waited a few years for Star Wars land to open and replaced Star Tours with Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, had they done so, they wouldn't have ever made the attraction since Guardians of the Galaxy has a stink about it now.

100%. They didn’t do this because they needed TL to be temporary SWL. I would ve preferred a semi Marvelized version of TL to losing TOT. So long as Space Mountain stayed around and they came up with an optimistic/ futuristic look for the land. As long as TL looks like it should would it really matter if Ant Man took over Buzz and GOTG took over Star Tours? Or if they put a Tron type Avengers coaster in Innoventions? I don’t think so. I also have this opinion because I know that in any scenario IP will exist heavily in TL and I’m not expecting this current regime to pull a rabbit out of their @$$.

Last edited:

TROR

100%. They didn’t do this because they needed TL to be temporary SWL. I would ve preferred a semi Marvelized version of TL to losing TOT. So long as Space Mountain stayed around and they came up with an optimistic/ futuristic look for the land. As long as TL looks like it should would it really matter if Ant Man took over Buzz and GOTG took over Star Tours? Or if they put a Tron type Avengers coaster in Innoventions? I don’t think so. I also have this opinion because I know that in any condition IP will exist heavily in TL and I’m not expecting this current regime to pull a rabbit out of their @$$.
My thing is that I want a space opera Tomorrowland with aliens, robots, and space travel and Guardians of the Galaxy is perfect for that and a simulator system is perfect for Guardians of the Galaxy (a drop tower is not). Seriously ridiculous just how poorly MB even captures the spirit of the films.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They should've waited a few years for Star Wars land to open and replaced Star Tours with Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, had they done so, they wouldn't have ever made the attraction since Guardians of the Galaxy has a stink about it now.

Again you’re looking at this with hind sight, which I’m sure Disney is doing too. But when you make these decisions you don’t have hind sight, you make them based on the information at hand. In 2016 when these decisions were made we didn’t know what we know now.

TROR

Again you’re looking at this with hind sight, which I’m sure Disney is doing too. But when you make these decisions you don’t have hind sight, you make them based on the information at hand. In 2016 when these decisions were made we didn’t know what we know now.
Ok but Galaxy's Edge was already being worked on in 2016 so they knew they'd have to do something with Star Tours. This isn't "Disney made Avatar land desperate for a big property then bought Star Wars a year later" scenario.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ok but Galaxy's Edge was already being worked on in 2016 so they knew they'd have to do something with Star Tours. This isn't "Disney made Avatar land desperate for a big property then bought Star Wars a year later" scenario.

Yes, but as mickEblu mentioned earlier they were already planning on using TL to fill the SW need until SW:GE opens. And they weren't going to wait another 2-3 before having some Marvel themed attraction. So again back to the previous discussion of ToT just a circumstance of location.

So again you're looking at this with 2018 hindsight. In a perfect world things would have played out differently. And in my honest opinion Disney shouldn't have gotten into the cloning business. They should have stuck to making unique attractions for each park. Sure using the same ride systems is fine, but all with unique themes. Something which I think is a positive about these Marvel attractions.

TROR

Yes, but as mickEblu mentioned earlier they were already planning on using TL to fill the SW need until SW:GE opens. And they weren't going to wait another 2-3 before having some Marvel themed attraction. So again back to the previous discussion of ToT just a circumstance of location.
I'm saying they should've waited. If Guardians of the Galaxy is a timeless property, waiting 2-3 years wouldn't be a big deal.

So again you're looking at this with 2018 hindsight. In a perfect world things would have played out differently. And in my honest opinion Disney shouldn't have gotten into the cloning business. They should have stuck to making unique attractions for each park. Sure using the same ride systems is fine, but all with unique themes. Something which I think is a positive about these Marvel attractions.
I'm not advocating for a clone? I'm saying a Guardians of the Galaxy simulator should've replaced Star Tours after Galaxy's Edge opened. It's a ride system that represents the Guardians of the Galaxy movies unlike a drop tower. It'd be like making a Star Wars ride that's entirely set on the Death Star and not about exploring the galaxy, one of the best parts of Star Wars.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I'm saying they should've waited. If Guardians of the Galaxy is a timeless property, waiting 2-3 years wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm not advocating for a clone? I'm saying a Guardians of the Galaxy simulator should've replaced Star Tours after Galaxy's Edge opened. It's a ride system that represents the Guardians of the Galaxy movies unlike a drop tower. It'd be like making a Star Wars ride that's entirely set on the Death Star and not about exploring the galaxy, one of the best parts of Star Wars.

Although I would’ve hated to see Star Tours turned into an even bigger dvd advertisement than what we got with Mission: Bake Sale I agree that a motion simulator would’ve been a much better choice to showcase the world of GOTG or whatever. Instead we got a cheap sci-fi museum, an awkward queue through what was obviously ToT and a bunch of bouncing in front of tv screens.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You're stuck on GotG the property itself. I'm talking about Marvel in general, they weren't going to wait another 2-3 years until they could do a Marvel themed attraction.

Again you're stuck on GotG. The cloning I'm talking about was ToT itself. It should have never been cloned to begin with. If they wanted to put a drop tower in DCA they should have chose some other theme.

However with that said, I will agree that the simulator would have been a good ride system for GotG the property.

Phroobar

We should have gotten Geyser Mountain like they planned to for the ranch area. These are animations for the Paris version.

GM1.jpg

Phroobar

If they had built this, they wouldn’t have built TOT, which means we wouldn’t have gotten Mission Breakout 🙄
We were suppose to get this in Disneyland but Pressler got cheap and decided DCA needed the TOT more than Disneyland did. The idea was guests ride in a mine car and get trapped in a cave with water filling up. The geyser explodes and guests ride it up and down until they are shot out the top of a mountain. I think there was a roller coaster element to it too.

TwilightZone

We were suppose to get this in Disneyland but Pressler got cheap and decided DCA needed the TOT more than Disneyland did. The idea was guests ride in a mine car and get trapped in a cave with water filling up. The geyser explodes and guests ride it up and down until they are shot out the top of a mountain. I think there was a roller coaster element to it too.
Well to be fair he wasnt wrong. only other e tickets at the time were screamin, soarin, and maliboomer, which isn't a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom