Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We were suppose to get this in Disneyland but Pressler got cheap and decided DCA needed the TOT more than Disneyland did. The idea was guests ride in a mine car and get trapped in a cave with water filling up. The geyser explodes and guests ride it up and down until they are shot out the top of a mountain. I think there was a roller coaster element to it too.

Should have put this next to GRR, would have fit in nicely with the CA Gold Rush theming. And a whole lot better than that silly themed obstacle course.

Would have been unique and better than a clone.

Phroobar

Should have put this next to GRR, would have fit in nicely with the CA Gold Rush theming. And a whole lot better than that silly themed obstacle course.

Would have been unique and better than a clone.
That would have been amazing. Too bad the Paris ToT was cheaper to copy and drop in. I don't think the DVC would have liked looking at the back of that thing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That would have been amazing. Too bad the Paris ToT was cheaper to copy and drop in. I don't think the DVC would have liked looking at the back of that thing.
Could have been amazing and really wouldn't have cost much more as they could have used the same basic ride system as ToT, just changed the theming. Didn't need all the extra roller coaster stuff.

If you provided a 360 degree theming to it they wouldn't have been looking at the backside.

TwilightZone

I would have been wholeheartedly in favor of Geyser Mountain.

It would have had it's own original music too. It's sad that the park soundtracks now a days are more movie soundtracks than they are original attraction with original music soundtracks.
I 100% believe motion sims are to blame for that one. As well as the IP era.

TP2000

Any one know where they put the walls for construction on the Carsland side? That could be a good indication of how much of that back road area that lead to FFF will be repurposed to widen the usable land.

They cut off Cars Land just past Luigi's. From the nice kids at Westcoaster.net and their latest update... https://www.westcoaster.net/home/20...y-short-version-cuz-halloween-times-coming-up

DLR-18_0910-D-MarvelLand-0004.jpg

On my park walk last Friday morning, I peered through the construction walls and the regular warehouse gates they have up (and all have surprisingly wide gaps in them that even an old guy can peer through easily), and the construction walls continue well into the back of house areas. Those back of house walls turn into chain link fence with green tarps and CAUTION! tape all over them, instead of the pretty painted walls in the parks. But it's easy to see how much of the current "Backstage" and back of house areas they have already walled off all around the Bug's Land area. This project footprint is surprisingly big!

I've edited my original photo of the current walls around A Bug's Land, and smudged the wall past Luigi's shown in the photo above in BLUE. Does that help?

InkedIMG_2719 (1)_LI.jpg

Last edited:

nevol

I certainly hope so! If the goal is to pull people to DCA from Star Wars Land/Disneyland, then they need to deliver the goods. Otherwise, it is a waste of money. This necessity of creating something compelling is evidence enough that we should be encouraged, even when the lack of information and the short construction timeline (and DCA's quality track record) encourage cautious optimism.

Ismael Flores

They cut off Cars Land just past Luigi's. From the nice kids at Westcoaster.net and their latest update... https://www.westcoaster.net/home/20...y-short-version-cuz-halloween-times-coming-up

DLR-18_0910-D-MarvelLand-0004.jpg

On my park walk last Friday morning, I peered through the construction walls and the regular warehouse gates they have up (and all have surprisingly wide gaps in them that even an old guy can peer through easily), and the construction walls continue well into the back of house areas. Those back of house walls turn into chain link fence with green tarps and CAUTION! tape all over them, instead of the pretty painted walls in the parks. But it's easy to see how much of the current "Backstage" and back of house areas they have already walled off all around the Bug's Land area. This project footprint is surprisingly big!

I've edited my original photo of the current walls around A Bug's Land, and smudged the wall past Luigi's shown in the photo above in BLUE. Does that help?

View attachment 312470
that does widen uo the land quite a bit, hopefully they have some money in the budget to also temove the huge fan equipment for the old tire ride still sitting behind luigi.
that would add even more room to timon lot. even if they turned it into a in park themed back road into Carsland that led to the small hideaway next to the courthouse.

mickEblu

TimeDuck

As a Disney Parks/Marvel Studios fan I feel like an abused animal. Waited 10 years for any kind of Parks integration, instead we get an overlay and a land without a single attraction. I still cannot fathom the level of spin needed to sell the general public on a land of this scale opening without an attraction. The DL and DCA crowd are ravenous fans but even this seems like a step too far.

For perspective, Star Wars was acquired by Disney 6 years ago and is getting the most advanced theme park expansion in history complete with two E-Tickets. This land will be duplicated at 3 different parks worldwide. Adjusting for inflation, ALL Star Wars movies have brought in $9.4 billion at the box office

Disney acquired Marvel 10 years ago, and so far we have one overlay in California, one simulator swap out in Hong Kong, and a land set to debut with exactly zero attractions. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has brought in $17.5 Billion at the box office.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As a Disney Parks/Marvel Studios fan I feel like an abused animal. Waited 10 years for any kind of Parks integration, instead we get an overlay and a land without a single attraction. I still cannot fathom the level of spin needed to sell the general public on a land of this scale opening without an attraction. The DL and DCA crowd are ravenous fans but even this seems like a step too far.

For perspective, Star Wars was acquired by Disney 6 years ago and is getting the most advanced theme park expansion in history complete with two E-Tickets. This land will be duplicated at 3 different parks worldwide. Adjusting for inflation, ALL Star Wars movies have brought in $9.4 billion at the box office

Disney acquired Marvel 10 years ago, and so far we have one overlay in California, one simulator swap out in Hong Kong, and a land set to debut with exactly zero attractions. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has brought in $17.5 Billion at the box office.

I'm still hopeful they surprise us with at least one attraction when the land opens in DCA.

Also don't forget there is a little Marvel coaster being built in Epcot right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom