Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Ismael Flores

Where Bugs Land / Fliks Fun fair used to be or ITTBAB and maybe the animation building? If the former, where does all this Stark Industries theming, store, restaurant, meet n greet etc go? Assuming the coaster is still going in the expansion pad behind TOT RIP.

My guess would be that it would go where the ITTBAB show building is. Didn't someone say that they might not really tear down the whole building but instead add to the building by using the old backstage parade route. There is also lots of wasted space around the old ITTBAB queue. A complete removal of the queue , old fastpass area and garden area would allow them to expand the building there as well.

they can hide the show building extention by theming it to match the Carthay on the side facing the parade route and grizzley falls.

The entrance of the ride would be closer to where FFF was so that it would be up against the main entrance of the land.

In theory they can pretty much keep the same layout as bugsland and have room for two major ride if they push into timon.

Keep pretty much the same path entrance from the parade route but instead of the fastpass area and ITTBAB building tear most of it down and build a large show building that uses most of that land and connects to where the existing FFF restrooms are. The attraction entrance would be on that end with a queue area between the new show building and Tower courtyard.

the puddle park could be a central plaza with the walkway around it like the one in Buena vista street. They could even reroute the trolley around the new center plaza for the marvel area and then head east to a relocated trolley barn that is pushed further east against property lines. That would open up the hourglass section of the land to allow for smaller areas for meet and greets.

The area used by Heimlich would be another building for the bar or restaurant.
marvel.png

The area used by the bumper cars now would be left open as a pathway into the expansion area.

The Big new attraction would be built as far south as possible in timon expansion area even if it used most of the land. the area around it would be more themed buildings with possible snack shops of places for characters to meet and greet.

I'm hoping they spend the money to remove the hug motors and fans from the old luigi tires ride. They take up a huge space that can be re-used. The large storage path for the tires should also be removed and used.

any one know where they put the walls for construction on the Carsland side? That could be a good indication of how much of that back road area that lead to FFF will be repurposed to widen the usable land

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Yes I know you'd rather have the Backlot saved for something else. Lol.

I think we've just assumed ITTBAB would be used for an attraction, well because it was already an attraction. But if we assume this will be a normal land, then having an attraction further in instead of right off the entrance would be ideal. Have attractions toward the back of the land drawing guests passed the food and merch where they are move inclined to made purchases.

looks like this land will have three major entrances into it so I think wherever they add a ride building it will still be close to the entrance of the land.
we will have the Guardians tower entrance area, the main parade route entrance and I'm sure a bigger entrance from Carsland

Ismael Flores

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Here is two ways I could see it play out:

1. The plan if only Bugs and expansion pad is used, ITTBAB is used for brewery and Merch/M&G area. And Fliks area is used for Spidey and expansion pad used for Avengers coaster.

2. But what if Bugs Land including ITTBAB is used for Spidey, the Avenger coaster is still in the expansion pad, and then what I'm calling West Coast Avengers Campus with brewery and M&G is going into the Backlot with maybe a future attraction there. I mean think about it, besides Mike&Sully, the Backlot is basically just a glorified Marvel M&G area right now anyways.

They should just go ahead and use the ITTBAB area for the meet and greets and some kind of eatery since its a large area. Then use animation building for the spiderman ride and the coaster at expansion area.

The animation building gets skipped by many people anyways and most of it is already a fake façade on hollywood side. maybe if the can expand the building into the backstage road a bit they can leave a small portion of the building facing Hollywood land for a small fastfood eatery. then afterwards they can tear out everything north of that and build a proper Hollywood area with some new attractions. keep marvel in one area between Hollywood and carsland only.

not including the animation building the amount of usable space without moving backstage buildings is 9 acres. add the animation building and it is 9.25 acres. That a decent size property. Include the Guardian tower and its over 10.5 acres.

now compared to Carlands at 12 acres and SWGE at 14 acres I think that enough property for a decent IP land.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My guess would be that it would go where the ITTBAB show building is. Didn't someone say that they might not really tear down the whole building but instead add to the building by using the old backstage parade route. There is also lots of wasted space around the old ITTBAB queue. A complete removal of the queue , old fastpass area and garden area would allow them to expand the building there as well.

they can hide the show building extention by theming it to match the Carthay on the side facing the parade route and grizzley falls.

The entrance of the ride would be closer to where FFF was so that it would be up against the main entrance of the land.

In theory they can pretty much keep the same layout as bugsland and have room for two major ride if they push into timon.

Keep pretty much the same path entrance from the parade route but instead of the fastpass area and ITTBAB building tear most of it down and build a large show building that uses most of that land and connects to where the existing FFF restrooms are. The attraction entrance would be on that end with a queue area between the new show building and Tower courtyard.

the puddle park could be a central plaza with the walkway around it like the one in Buena vista street. They could even reroute the trolley around the new center plaza for the marvel area and then head east to a relocated trolley barn that is pushed further east against property lines. That would open up the hourglass section of the land to allow for smaller areas for meet and greets.

The area used by Heimlich would be another building for the bar or restaurant.View attachment 311861

The area used by the bumper cars now would be left open as a pathway into the expansion area.

The Big new attraction would be built as far south as possible in timon expansion area even if it used most of the land. the area around it would be more themed buildings with possible snack shops of places for characters to meet and greet.

I'm hoping they spend the money to remove the hug motors and fans from the old luigi tires ride. They take up a huge space that can be re-used. The large storage path for the tires should also be removed and used.

any one know where they put the walls for construction on the Carsland side? That could be a good indication of how much of that back road area that lead to FFF will be repurposed to widen the usable land

The main issue with that is that you have it cutting into backstage area (behind ITTBAB) likely used for deliveries into Carthay. I'm honestly the first to say they can cut out more of the backstage area, but that particular backstage path I don't know if they can. Because there is no other area they can use for deliveries for Carthay.

This is why I think ITTBAB is used for the Brewery so they can still use that backstage area for deliveries for both.

looks like this land will have three major entrances into it so I think wherever they add a ride building it will still be close to the entrance of the land.
we will have the Guardians tower entrance area, the main parade route entrance and I'm sure a bigger entrance from Carsland

I don't consider the side path that goes by Luigi's a major entrance, it a back entrance. There is a reason why the street is officially known as Cross Street. So to me there will be two main arteries that come into the land, Hollywood Blvd/Sunset Blvd (both of which I think get a rename) and Carthay Circle/Performance Corridor. With yes maybe the side path remaining opening.

They should just go ahead and use the ITTBAB area for the meet and greets and some kind of eatery since its a large area. Then use animation building for the spiderman ride and the coaster at expansion area.

The animation building gets skipped by many people anyways and most of it is already a fake façade on hollywood side. maybe if the can expand the building into the backstage road a bit they can leave a small portion of the building facing Hollywood land for a small fastfood eatery. then afterwards they can tear out everything north of that and build a proper Hollywood area with some new attractions. keep marvel in one area between Hollywood and carsland only.

not including the animation building the amount of usable space without moving backstage buildings is 9 acres. add the animation building and it is 9.25 acres. That a decent size property. Include the Guardian tower and its over 10.5 acres.

now compared to Carlands at 12 acres and SWGE at 14 acres I think that enough property for a decent IP land.

At this point I don't see them using the Animation building as part of this phase of the project. Because it'd likely have to close before the end of the year and there have been no rumors of it closing yet. Which is why I think its part of some phase 2 which closes the rest of HollywoodLand after 2020. This is why I think ITTBAB is used for the brewery as I mention above.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
He shoulda been the star of the TOT replacement IMO.
Just wanted that out there.
Yup, I thought the same. It would've been simple to change the Tower to the Sanctum Sanctorum, and have a 'falling through the dimensions' storyline.

To be fair we're looking at this with hindsight. At the time when the decision was made for the overlay Doctor Strange hadn't been released yet, but GotG had. So it was unknown that Doctor Strange would be popular, whereas GotG already proved to be popular.

So while we can say today that it would have made more sense, if Doctor Strange had bombed it wouldn't even be brought up.

shortstop

To be fair we're looking at this with hindsight. At the time when the decision was made for the overlay Doctor Strange hadn't been released yet, but GotG had. So it was unknown that Doctor Strange would be popular, whereas GotG already proved to be popular.

So while we can say today that it would have made more sense, if Doctor Strange had bombed it wouldn't even be brought up.
A radical idea: don’t make knee jerk theme park decisions based on what’s hot at the box office.

Ismael Flores

The main issue with that is that you have it cutting into backstage area (behind ITTBAB) likely used for deliveries into Carthay. I'm honestly the first to say they can cut out more of the backstage area, but that particular backstage path I don't know if they can. Because there is no other area they can use for deliveries for Carthay.
yes i thought about that as well, with the weird shape of the piece of land and the lack of property for expansion they really should then consider just digging out the road and capping it off. Then they could create a loading area that is below ground with service elevators up to delivery zone. I'm sure that would be quite expensive though.

How did they handle the deliveries for the Carthay when they set-up all the switchbacks for the Guardians tower overflow queue. I remember looking into the area when the gates were closed and not in use and all the switchbacks were left in place.

Ismael Flores

He shoulda been the star of the TOT replacement IMO.
Just wanted that out there.

I agree, the the Doctor Strange theme would have had a better fit. The use of projections and props in the queue and tower could have made for a fun attraction. The tower could have been modified on the outside to match one of the buildings in the movie and still fit the hollywood feel

Disney Irish

Premium Member
yes i thought about that as well, with the weird shape of the piece of land and the lack of property for expansion they really should then consider just digging out the road and capping it off. Then they could create a loading area that is below ground with service elevators up to delivery zone. I'm sure that would be quite expensive though.

How did they handle the deliveries for the Carthay when they set-up all the switchbacks for the Guardians tower overflow queue. I remember looking into the area when the gates were closed and not in use and all the switchbacks were left in place.

Going underground for deliveries would be ideal, similar to how WDW has the Utilidoors. But I just don't see them doing that at this point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It was a knee jerk decision to overlay TOT. They chose GotG because it was/is commercially popular.

That is assuming that they chose the area around ToT last minute for Marvel, which I don't think it was. So ToT in my opinion was a causality of location rather than a knee jerk reaction. But I will concede that it could have been done a lot better. And really should have just torn it down.

shortstop

That is assuming that they chose the area around ToT last minute for Marvel, which I don't think it was. So ToT in my opinion was a causality of location rather than a knee jerk reaction. But I will concede that it could have been done a lot better. And really should have just torn it down.
If they had been planning ahead, they would have built an original Marvel attraction from scratch without needing to sacrifice TOT.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Tearing down ToT would’ve been very sad but then again slapping a bunch of random junk to the façade and turning into a glorified movie advertisement is a fate much worse. It will always stick out like a sore thumb.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they had been planning ahead, they would have built an original Marvel attraction from scratch without needing to sacrifice TOT.

Well they would have had to sacrificed something as DCA doesn't have enough space to do a complete themed land of 9-14 acres. And the only expansion pad had a big hotel tower sitting in front of it with little access. So again ToT was a causality of location, blame Pressler for that.

TROR

Well they would have had to sacrificed something as DCA doesn't have enough space to do a complete themed land of 9-14 acres. And the only expansion pad had a big hotel tower sitting in front of it with little access. So again ToT was a causality of location, blame Pressler for that.
They should've waited a few years for Star Wars land to open and replaced Star Tours with Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, had they done so, they wouldn't have ever made the attraction since Guardians of the Galaxy has a stink about it now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom