Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyandmore certainly hints at something though. On July 25th he said this:
"When the ride blueprints were unveiled recently Disney fans were a bit disappointed as they thought that it will be simply a new kind of Toy Story Mania kind of ride with guests wearing 3D glasses, etc... But what D&M can tell you is that it will be indeed a sling shot ride but not in its formal way. I can't reveal everything but let's say that the trackless vehicles won't only slide on the floor - they will slide, but not only..."

I'm wondering if they can have the base "swing" the upper part of the vehicle to mimic a swinging motion. And since it appears to be trackless, the joystick will be used to control the "swing".

Just a thought....

mickEblu

Disneyandmore certainly hints at something though. On July 25th he said this:
"When the ride blueprints were unveiled recently Disney fans were a bit disappointed as they thought that it will be simply a new kind of Toy Story Mania kind of ride with guests wearing 3D glasses, etc... But what D&M can tell you is that it will be indeed a sling shot ride but not in its formal way. I can't reveal everything but let's say that the trackless vehicles won't only slide on the floor - they will slide, but not only..."

Can we not take they “won’t only slide on the floor” to mean that that they’ll possibly be suspended in a way?

What’s a formal slingshot ride anyway? The only slingshot I know are the kinds you get at like Magic Mountain so I’m not even understanding the comparison.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe it's on a base that will rock you side to side in sync with projections.

As shown in this leaked artist's concept...

Last edited:

dlr74

Hey one thing to get excited about is that its double the capacity as TSMM, with 8 seats per car instead of 4. So potentially the queue will move a lot faster.

Small victories, gotta take them when you can get them.
TSMM ride vehicles have 8 seats (one ride vehicle has 2 “cars” attached to it with 4 seats per “car”, photo attached for reference).

And two ride vehicles (16 seats) leave the station at the same time. Pretty sure that’s the same capacity as this new attraction. It’ll just depend on how quickly the dispatch interval is compared to TSMM to see how the capacity compares. TSMM’s hourly capacity is roughly 1100 per hour and I can almost guarantee that Spidey is not going to be double TSMM at 2000+ per hour

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TSMM ride vehicles have 8 seats (one ride vehicle has 2 “cars” attached to it with 4 seats per “car”, photo attached for reference). View attachment 394791

And two ride vehicles (16 seats) leave the station at the same time. Pretty sure that’s the same capacity as this new attraction. It’ll just depend on how quickly the dispatch interval is compared to TSMM to see how the capacity compares. TSMM’s hourly capacity is roughly 1100 per hour and I can almost guarantee that Spidey is not going to be double TSMM at 2000+ per hour

I'm just basing it on what the article says. Each car will have 4 seats per side, instead of the TSMM 2 seats per side, for a total of 8 seats per car instead of the TSMM 4 seats per car. So if its also attached with 2 cars or have the same number of cars dispatched if unattached it would make sense its double TSMM.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The very highly regard USF Spider-Man ride and Forbidden Journey does not put in the role of Spider-Man nor Harry Potter.

But the highly regarded Flight of Passage does put you in the place of the protagonist.

So, in conclusion... 🤷‍♂️

ParkPeeker

The very highly regard USF Spider-Man ride and Forbidden Journey does not put in the role of Spider-Man nor Harry Potter.

But the highly regarded Flight of Passage does put you in the place of the protagonist.

So, in conclusion... 🤷‍♂️
I haven't ridden the ride in person, but are you really the main character of Avatar in the ride (I forgot the dudes name)? that's confusing based on what I remember seeing on youtube

TROR

But look at all the character rides we've gotten after that - Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours - we still take on the role of the heroes. We go to the Laughing Place and are thrown into the Briar Patch, we explore the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, we blow up the Death Star. I definitely think this will be better than Guardians of the Galaxy where riders just watch everything happen and don't participate in the action at all, but guests need to take on that role of Spider-Man and I'm not convinced this ride will accomplish that illusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom