Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

RobWDW1971

. I definitely think this will be better than Guardians of the Galaxy where riders just watch everything happen and don't participate in the action at all

Nope, in fact we are driving the action because Rocket needs our hands to scan to operate the lift to get to the power box to free the Guardians or something...I wasn't really paying attention to the library door voice and Rocket yelling at me.

brb1006

I'm not expecting much from Beauty and the Beast in Tokyo. Yes, it'll be a beautiful ride with fantastic animatronics. The ride itself, however, will be just as uneventful as The Little Mermaid in DCA. Just the greatest hits and no danger throughout.
Maybe the new Peter Pan and Rapunzel rides might be interesting. Also how will the BATB ride be uneventful?

Speaking of Tokyo, their Little Mermaid Show ("King Tritan's Concert) at Sea looks amazing.

They also have a show called "The Magic Lamp" featuring Genie.

Phroobar

Well it has a better Spider-man ride for one thing (it’s going to take a lot to beat that ride, it’s currently my #2 non coaster ride behind ToT DHS)
Really? It seems so run of the mill now. It's just a dark ride full of screens. It's a pretty common ride. It's no different from Transformers or Ratatouille or a dozen others.

thequeuelinelectures

Really? It seems so run of the mill now. It's just a dark ride full of screens. It's a pretty common ride. It's no different from Transformers or Ratatouille or a dozen others.

I don't think Spider-man is some sort of untoppable urtext like some other do, but it really is head and shoulders above rat and transformers. Have you been on rat? The motion is so tame and there are barely any practical effects or sets to blend the screens with. It doesn't even come close to actually putting you in that world. Transformers is okay but also way more digital than spider-man, it's just a little too chaotic for my liking.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I disagree, from the footage we've already seen, it's already going to be more exciting than little mermaid. mermaid is a slow omnimover system, beast is a dancing trackless ride system.

@TROR does not like Mystic Manor though. Or a video of it at least.

So I totally expect he won't be that into B&TB.

Which is not a criticism of his opinion, just contextualization.

BrianLo

Original Poster
My biggest point was just that the danger in B&TB will be removed just like on TLM, focusing mostly on the movie's soundtrack instead.

I agree with the TLM critique. Some of the issues aside (some of which they have fixed by removing some of the plastically elements and introducing dark lights)...

The biggest issue the attraction has was cutting out a finale scene with Eric sailing towards super-sized Ursula. That's more of the danger element the attraction needed and would have made it feel like a complete experience.

That said... we do know we might get a forest scene (hopefully with Wolves) and we may still get the Gaston finale. A bit hard to say, but we know the ride is on the longer end (8 minutes), so we might get the proper experience.

mickEblu

I agree with the TLM critique. Some of the issues aside (some of which they have fixed by removing some of the plastically elements and introducing dark lights)...

The biggest issue the attraction has was cutting out a finale scene with Eric sailing towards super-sized Ursula. That's more of the danger element the attraction needed and would have made it feel like a complete experience.

That said... we do know we might get a forest scene (hopefully with Wolves) and we may still get the Gaston finale. A bit hard to say, but we know the ride is on the longer end (8 minutes), so we might get the proper experience.

I think the biggest issue with TLM is the combination of it being an omnimover that goes AROUND all the show scenes but never THROUGH any further adding to Baxter’s point of it being a book report ride that we re watching and not actually a part of. So it’s slow moving AND passive. Not a good combo.

I’d put the lack of a battle scene or danger as the second biggest issue with the ride.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I think the biggest issue with TLM is the combination of it being an omnimover that goes AROUND all the show scenes but never THROUGH any further adding to Baxter’s point of it being a book report ride that we re watching and not actually a part of. So it’s slow moving AND passive. Not a good combo.

I’d put the lack of a battle scene or danger as the second biggest issue with the ride.

Ya I hear you. Should have said my biggest issue!

I actually kind of like TLM despite what people hate about it. By extension Na’vi River Journey, which people have very similar issues with, but I like.

My problem with both of those is the sudden “ok, it’s over, we ran out of track, get off now please” incompleteness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom