Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Phroobar

View attachment 394710

Just thinking... That wall above the vehicles seems to come down awfully low, and yet in the queue area goes awfully high.

I'm starting to wonder if these are more like Midway Mania vehicles on a Peter Pan track - depicted here with smooth tops, but in reality attached to an arm. Not quite the big pendulum attraction we were expecting, but might have a little swing to them, maybe?
I think you are right. They are connected from above alla Peter Pan track. The windows could fog over between scenes and show some graphics between scenes then unfog again. You see a clear window monitor in the Star Tours queue.

britain

And they would be attached to what? The soffit is obstructed and it makes no sense to do art like this be and be not only not show the track, but draw something completely different.

I don't know, some chassis like this. (Pardon the rough photoshop work.) However it works above Peter Pan, but with a swiveling portion too.

lazyboy97o

I don't know, some chassis like this. However it works above Peter Pan, but with a swiveling portion too.

View attachment 394715
And all that stuff on the soffit? There is another similar condition in the background that also has an obstructed soffit. There is no track shown connecting between the two. There are no attachments shown on the roof of the ride vehicles.

britain

And all that stuff on the soffit? There is another similar condition in the background that also has an obstructed soffit. There is no track shown connecting between the two. There are no attachments shown on the roof of the ride vehicles.

Right, I'm suggesting that there is a bit of artistic license taken here in the art by having perfectly smooth tops to these red cabs, with nothing in the narrow space visible above them.

These could very well just be rolling along a track on the floor, and I could be totally wrong. I just am thinking of other load areas on other rides, and normally when it rolls on the floor, there is a big open space above the track. (I'm thinking Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Ariel, etc.) But this art is giving me a Peter Pan vibe: The space directly above the vehicles is walled up, and "out of frame" so to speak.

lazyboy97o

Right, I'm suggesting that there is a bit of artistic license taken here in the art by having perfectly smooth tops to these red cabs, with nothing in the narrow space visible above them.

These could very well just be rolling along a track on the floor, and I could be totally wrong. I just am thinking of other load areas on other rides, and normally when it rolls on the floor, there is a big open space above the track. (I'm thinking Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Ariel, etc.) But this art is giving me a Peter Pan vibe: The space directly above the vehicles is walled up, and "out of frame" so to speak.
There is stuff in that “narrow space” and most of the area has a high ceiling.

britain

There is stuff in that “narrow space” and most of the area has a high ceiling.

You may be right, but look, see the electrical boxes casting shadows on the white-ish horizontal beam? And the red, yellow and green lights are hanging from the white beam. That means the whole upper wall with the spray painted WEB logo is in front of the loading track. We have no idea what's behind that wall, nor do we know how high the ceiling is above the vehicles. (I suspect it's quite high - enough to hold a Peter Pan style track and ride mechanism, it's just our view of that space is narrow from this vantage point.)

Phroobar

You may be right, but look, see the electrical boxes casting shadows on the white-ish horizontal beam? And the red, yellow and green lights are hanging from the white beam. That means the whole upper wall with the spray painted WEB logo is in front of the loading track. We have no idea what's behind that wall, nor do we know how high the ceiling is above the vehicles. (I suspect it's quite high - enough to hold a Peter Pan style track and ride mechanism, it's just our view of that space is narrow from this vantage point.)

View attachment 394737
So in a way this could be kind of cool. The ride vehicles could do a small swing from above as they turn corners.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 394737
The art may not show what is above, but the building sections do show air ducts, catwalks and walls crossing the ride path where an overhead track would be located. The plans and sections also show no supports for an overhead track.

sedati

Ah, the blueprints! Well you gotta point there.
Disneyandmore certainly hints at something though. On July 25th he said this:
"When the ride blueprints were unveiled recently Disney fans were a bit disappointed as they thought that it will be simply a new kind of Toy Story Mania kind of ride with guests wearing 3D glasses, etc... But what D&M can tell you is that it will be indeed a sling shot ride but not in its formal way. I can't reveal everything but let's say that the trackless vehicles won't only slide on the floor - they will slide, but not only..."

thequeuelinelectures

"When the ride blueprints were unveiled recently Disney fans were a bit disappointed as they thought that it will be simply a new kind of Toy Story Mania kind of ride with guests wearing 3D glasses, etc... But what D&M can tell you is that it will be indeed a sling shot ride but not in its formal way. I can't reveal everything but let's say that the trackless vehicles won't only slide on the floor - they will slide, but not only..."

Maybe it could lock into motion bases ala Gringotts or RotR to add more thrill to specific shooting scenes

TROR

Yeah but he's a Frenchman so you can't take him too seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom