Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

It’s really not that simple. It was a big, known hold up for Cosmic Rewind.
Some people are speculated that the Multiverse concept will be updatable. If they did that, they would probably only update it when every couple of years at the end of a phase when there is usually an Infinity War/ Endgame level event.

truecoat

Some people are speculated that the Multiverse concept will be updatable. If they did that, they would probably only update it when every couple of years at the end of a phase when there is usually an Infinity War/ Endgame level event.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. They have updated Star Tours more recently but TSM never received the holiday overlay that was rumored. That may have been on purpose as it's popular enough and doesn't need even longer lines.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. They have updated Star Tours more recently but TSM never received the holiday overlay that was rumored. That may have been on purpose as it's popular enough and doesn't need even longer lines.
With Marvel if there is an Infinity War/Endgame event at the end of a phase, they can film scenes for ride updates when all the actors are together.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They do seem to be willing to update Avengers Campus, at least in terms of walk-around characters, more frequently than any other land. So it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think they might be willing to with the E-Ticket too if its screen based.

D.Silentu

With Marvel if there is an Infinity War/Endgame event at the end of a phase, they can film scenes for ride updates when all the actors are together.
I have to wonder if they would do any live action filming for the attraction at all, beyond a possible preshow video. Even in that case I wonder which characters they could access, seeing as many of the leader figures are deceased or retired in the movies, yet appear in the concept art. Using Web-Slingers as an example, everything on ride is computer generated animation. That approach certainly gives them more freedom if the ride features alternating characters, randomized scenarios or is to be updated over time. I'll also note it can't hurt that most heroes are masked or alien colored.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have to wonder if they would do any live action filming for the attraction at all, beyond a possible preshow video. Even in that case I wonder which characters they could access, seeing as many of the leader figures are deceased or retired in the movies, yet appear in the concept art. Using Web-Slingers as an example, everything on ride is computer generated animation. That approach certainly gives them more freedom if the ride features alternating characters, randomized scenarios or is to be updated over time. I'll also note it can't hurt that most heroes are masked or alien colored.
None of the Marvel attractions are tied directly enough to the MCU to have characters being off-limits.

D.Silentu

None of the Marvel attractions are tied directly enough to the MCU to have characters being off-limits.
Right, however the post I referred to was saying they could film for the ride simultaneous to the actors filming new Marvel movies. My point is that many of the popular characters appearing in the attraction won't have corresponding actors on set because they are no longer part of the series.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Right, however the post I referred to was saying they could film for the ride simultaneous to the actors filming new Marvel movies. My point is that many of the characters appearing in the attraction won't have corresponding actors on set because they are no longer part of the series.
If filmed during Secret Wars they might be, or other upcoming multiversal movies. I won't get into spoilers here but as I said no character is off-limits, other than an actor being not available such as Boseman.

D.Silentu

Interesting, I did not know that. While I stand corrected on that point I do wish to reiterate that I don't think live action filming is a good approach for the ride. Animating will allow for more freedom and have a better chance of aging gracefully.

Gusey

TSM's last update was 2010, when Bo Peep's game was replaced by the Rex and Trixie dino game to promote Toy Story 3. It all depends on the in-park promotion budget for movies

truecoat

They do seem to be willing to update Avengers Campus, at least in terms of walk-around characters, more frequently than any other land. So it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think they might be willing to with the E-Ticket too if its screen based.

Doing a walk around character is one thing. Updating a ride is much more expensive and time-consuming.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Doing a walk around character is one thing. Updating a ride is much more expensive and time-consuming.
The point is that they seem to be more willing to update things on a regular basis in Avengers Campus. Something that many here claimed they wouldn’t do, especially in light of how the same things were cut for GE. Also labor ain’t cheap and also time consuming, so these updated walk-around characters cost more money and time than you realize. As these are the more highly paid entertainment CMs not regular CMs.

So it remains to be seen if they’ll actually have updates for the E-Ticket on a regular basis. The constant updates to the characters is a positive sign though.

truecoat

The point is that they seem to be more willing to update things on a regular basis in Avengers Campus. Something that many here claimed they wouldn’t do, especially in light of how the same things were cut for GE. Also labor ain’t cheap and also time consuming, so these updated walk-around characters cost more money and time than you realize. As these are the more highly paid entertainment CMs not regular CMs.

So it remains to be seen if they’ll actually have updates for the E-Ticket on a regular basis. The constant updates to the characters is a positive sign though.

Some of those characters are limited time only. They usually come out when a new show or movie is released and that show or movie is probably funding the appearance.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Some of those characters are limited time only. They usually come out when a new show or movie is released and that show or movie is probably funding the appearance.
The point is still the same, they are putting in time and resources to make these character updates. And its not cheap as there is costuming, training, etc., even for a limited appearance.

And the movie or shows would be funding any updates for an attraction as well.

truecoat

The point is still the same, they are putting in time and resources to make these character updates. And its not cheap as there is costuming, training, etc.

And the movie or shows would be funding any updates for an attraction as well.

Why didn't they do an update on the GOTG: MB ride when 3 came out? It would have been a great send-off for the characters but instead, they had a walk around Mantis for a limited time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why didn't they do an update on the GOTG: MB ride when 3 came out? It would have been a great send-off for the characters but instead, they had a walk around Mantis for a limited time.
Because as mention before the attractions aren't directly tied to the events of the MCU. So MB is not being impacted by the events of what happened in Guardians 3, so no reason to update. But they have updated it for Monsters Afterdark.

The idea though is that any future updates could be filmed at the same time as they are filming a movie. Just like they filmed the D+ Guardians Christmas Special at the same time as they filmed Guardians 3. Or the fact that they originally filmed the MB scenes at the same time as Guardians 2.

truecoat

Because as mention before the attractions aren't directly tied to the events of the MCU. So MB is not being impacted by the events of what happened in Guardians 3, so no reason to update. But they have updated it for Monsters Afterdark.

The idea though is that any future updates could be filmed at the same time as they are filming a movie. Just like they filmed the D+ Guardians Christmas Special at the same time as they filmed Guardians 3. Or the fact that they originally filmed the MB scenes at the same time as Guardians 2.

King Thanos isn't tied to the MCU either or they wouldn't have talked about him so why would they need to update the ride any more than GOTG?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
King Thanos isn't tied to the MCU either or they wouldn't have talked about him so why would they need to update the ride any more than GOTG?
That is if they stick with the King Thanos story and haven't changed it again. And it won't likely be updated for a few years anyways, if ever. They never even indicated it would be updated regularly, this is just speculation by some at this point. But since its a multiversal story it does lend itself to being updated, hence the speculation.

I think the point that some were making is that just because TSMM hasn't gotten its promised update doesn't mean the same will happen for this attraction if they announce it'll have regular updates.

In the Parks
No
My ideal outcome here would be an immersive dark ride themed to 2012's OG Avengers movie, with animatronics, not screens. That way we don't need to worry about aging actors. Also, it's the only film from this universe that could be considered a classic. (I know there were other great MCU films after that, but this one was special because it was the first to combine so many storylines)

But this will never happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom