Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

SplashJacket

People seem to love Spider-Man from IOA. I’ve never been on it but I’ve been on Transformers at USH and don’t enjoy that ride at all.
Transformers is almost entirely screens. Spider-Man is more 50/50. I prefer Spider-Man. The standard for theme parks is definitely beyond IOA’s Spider-Man now, but a ride with physical sets with a couple Spider-Man/Transformers style screens to transport you to a new area would be a win in my book.

TP2000

Sounds like a hopeful plan. A high capacity attraction, that most guests can enjoy, that hopefully throws you into a thrilling avengers story.

Define "high capacity". This new ride vehicle seats 6 people. You'd need a constant stream. with a vehicle every 10 seconds or so through the show to be high capacity.

Pirates boats seat 22 people. Small World boats seat 14. Indy jeeps seat 12. Rise transports seat 8. This seats 6.

But, since this isn't even under construction and no bulldozers are on site, this won't open until 2027 at the very earliest. Probably the plan is to open it Spring, 2028 and be the big "Olympics Summer" campaign gimmick.

Disney Analyst

Define "high capacity". This new ride vehicle seats 6 people. You'd need a constant stream. with a vehicle every 10 seconds or so through the show to be high capacity.

Pirates boats seat 22 people. Small World boats seat 14. Indy jeeps seat 12. Rise transports seat 8. This seats 6.

But, since this isn't even under construction and no bulldozers are on site, this won't open until 2027 at the very earliest. Probably the plan is to open it Spring, 2028 and be the big "Olympics Summer" campaign gimmick.

Higher capacity than the proposed coaster at one point, which was axed for that reason. And if this matches the Peter Pan vehicle, it could fit 3-4 per row, pending size of guest. So I’d say at-least 9 per vehicle, as that’s 3 rows.

TP2000

Higher capacity than the proposed coaster at one point, which was axed for that reason. And if this matches the Peter Pan vehicle, it could fit 3-4 per row, pending size of guest. So I’d say at-least 9 per vehicle, as that’s 3 rows.

That's three Japanese people per row.

Or two Americans per row in Disneyland.

Or... well, there's a Florida joke there somewhere.

SweetDuffy101

Everybody is saying its like spiderman ride in Universal, But what some don't understand that the ride vehicles will be hanging from the ceiling, Moving to different locations. This is a first in technology for attractions within the disney parks.

No its not avatar flight of passage its a brand new never before seen in theme parks.

mickEblu

Everybody is saying its like spiderman ride in Universal, But what some don't understand that the ride vehicles will be hanging from the ceiling, Moving to different locations. This is a first in technology for attractions within the disney parks.

No its not avatar flight of passage its a brand new never before seen in theme parks.

Oh really? That would change things. The thought of the vehicles being suspended crossed my mind but quickly dismissed their placement on the concept art it as artistic liberty. Are you sure? I doubt it’s suspended. Would love for it to be true though.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Also it’s interesting that the riders appear to be facing one of the sidewalls in the concept art. Looks like it’s the back of their heads we’re looking at. That seems strange. Unless the seats move or spin?

11988EDE-DFEC-45B1-A8ED-A221BE1B57ED.jpeg

ParkPeeker

Was it your post I read a few years back regarding fantasy springs Pan ride vehicle? Cause everyone else on that thread seems to be convinced that the new technology was scrapped for something like Spiderman IOA. You also confidently answered my question regarding the AA Flynn and Maximus figures. Are you speculating... or where are you getting this info from? 👀

Parteecia

Also it’s interesting that the riders appear to be facing one of the sidewalls in the concept art. Looks like it’s the back of their heads we’re looking at. That seems strange. Unless the seats move or spin?

View attachment 742032
To me it looks like the "headlights" are the back of the vehicle. Power thrusters, maybe? I think the riders are facing forward. If that was the side then the vehicle would not be symmetrical.

SweetDuffy101

Was it your post I read a few years back regarding fantasy springs Pan ride vehicle? Cause everyone else on that thread seems to be convinced that the new technology was scrapped for something like Spiderman IOA. You also confidently answered my question regarding the AA Flynn and Maximus figures. Are you speculating... or where are you getting this info from? 👀
Im going to use a safeword called "ALLEGED"
i don't wanna be in trouble 😉

ParkPeeker

To me it looks like the "headlights" are the back of the vehicle. Power thrusters, maybe? I think the riders are facing forward. If that was the side then the vehicle would not be symmetrical.
I think he means the heads look like they’re facing the side of the vehicle, I see what he means, but I see them facing forward so it could just be because they’re vague silhouettes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom