Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

aleh021

At the last D23 there was evidence that the Avenger's attraction would use the same ride system as Disneysea's Peter Pan. What surprises me is how little information is out there about that ride, especially having been announced five years ago. It would likely give us a better picture of what to expect at Avenger's Campus.

I think it mainly has to do with OLC being the ones who release this information first, followed up by Disney. In due time OLC will share all the details about the rides and an opening date I hope.

SweetDuffy101

I think it mainly has to do with OLC being the ones who release this information first, followed up by Disney. In due time OLC will share all the details about the rides and an opening date I hope.
I wonder on How long can Disney Actually Use this technology to other parks, With OLC having exclusivity contracts per attraction/show/product with WDI.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Reminds me of the Zootopia ride vehicles -

Disney Is Finally Making the First 'Zootopia' Ride
New Ride Vehicle Revealed for Upcoming Avengers Campus Attraction | Marvel

Ngl it would be cool if they made the entire floor the screen so that it would seem like flying.

AJFireman

TheDisneyParksfanC8

OG55 mentioned this in a recent video, but if they let it slip and Avatar is indeed DCA bound considering how Disney spaces out additions to their parks, the Avengers E ticket could either put on ice again or dead in its current form again. The MCU has been going through a downturn while Avatar 2 made bank at the box office and has several sequels lined up. Disney you can bet Disney wants to strike while the irons hot.

Maybe they are also concerns about how the Multiverse concept will fare over time considering the overall mediocre reception to the Multiverse saga. Maybe they want to wait and see how well the X-Men do and incorporate them into the ride in a big way or redevelop the Multiverse attraction the X-Men. Maybe Disney feels something based around the X-Men would be more timeless.

J4546

if avatar land was built...id kinda hope they woulldnt build FoP as its very very similar to soarin and having 2 rides like that in the same park would seem weird. Maybe they bring PotC from shanghai and give us a super plussed Navi river Journey

TheDisneyParksfanC8

if avatar land was built...id kinda hope they woulldnt build FoP as its very very similar to soarin and having 2 rides like that in the same park would seem weird. Maybe they bring PotC from shanghai and give us a super plussed Navi river Journey
Considering by the time this opens, I will bet it will have elements incorporated from the sequels with rides totally unique to DLR.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
At this point they should just change it to spiderverse (which is much more popular now by too much) and scrap webs slingers and replace it with avengers. Then we still get a multiverse e ticket and the near-trash web slingers can nap in Yesterland.

Professortango1

I'd be open to them updating Soarin' into FOP as I have always openly stated that Soarin' feels like a proof of concept rather than a full attraction. Still not sure how Avatar fits the park though.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I'd be open to them updating Soarin' into FOP as I have always openly stated that Soarin' feels like a proof of concept rather than a full attraction. Still not sure how Avatar fits the park though.
To tie into Way of Water maybe the Avatar land at DCA will have totally different attractions to set it apart from WDW's. I would be open to that.

truecoat

Soarin and FOP are the same in a way that BTMR and Space Mountain are the same.

milordsloth

I don't know, I think FoP and Soarin are way too similar. That was the main reason I feel like I was so underwhelmed when I finally got to experience FoP. I really don't think we need 2 of that style ride in the same park, and would rather have something original here in CA.

Last edited:

mickEblu

True to an extent but I think the reason that perception exists is because simulators like Soarin and FOP don’t move in physical space past sets. When it comes to the ride experience the majority of the difference between those two rides is what’s being projected on the screen. Unlike Space Mountain/ BTMRR and POTC/ IASW that are vastly different experiences even though they share the same ride system. It’s why many people feel that 2 shooters or two simulators in the same park are redundant. Somewhere subconsciously it’s like we feel we’re just changing the channel on the TV as opposed to enjoying a completely different experience. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that we haven’t “bought in” on simulators/ screen rides the same way we do on rides that immerse you with physical props/ sets pieces/ AA’s etc.

Last edited:

Professortango1

I don't know, I think FoP and Soarin are way too similar. That was the main reason I feel like I was so underwhelmed when I finally got to experience FoP. I really don't think we need 2 of that style ride in the same park, and would rather have something original here in CA.
I agree. Soarin' feels like the proof of concept for FOP. I can't imagine going on FOP and then queueing up for Soarin' to ride a bare bones IMAX Museum Movie version.

truecoat

Yet one of them has much longer lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom