Avengers 4!

Princess Leia

giphy.gif

Cancel it. Priorities.
It’s for charity, Mike lol

I’m just going to suck it up and go to the later showing (who knows, maybe I can find one at 8), and roll into work late the next morning.

Princess Leia

While I have no issue with the movie possibly being three hours, have they tested it on kids yet? Because while the movie will be rated PG13, that doesn’t seem to stop parents from bringing 5 year olds to the theater (another reason why I will not be seeing it opening weekend).

Disney cut one of the best songs from Pocahontas because kids got restless, and that movie is half as long as Endgame (potentially).

Mike S

While I have no issue with the movie possibly being three hours, have they tested it on kids yet? Because while the movie will be rated PG13, that doesn’t seem to stop parents from bringing 5 year olds to the theater (another reason why I will not be seeing it opening weekend).

Disney cut one of the best songs from Pocahontas because kids got restless, and that movie is half as long as Endgame (potentially).
If they cut this movie for some little brats...

I was a kid when this all started. I want my huge epic conclusion.

LSLS

For what worit's worth, I will be bringing my 6 year old (maybe not opening weekend thiugh). She loves all the movies (maybe because she can distinguish reality from fantasy much better than most). She had no issue with infinity wars, so I expect the same if it is as good. Heck, she was better behaved at the live beauty and the beast movie than I was.

Princess Leia

For what worit's worth, I will be bringing my 6 year old (maybe not opening weekend thiugh). She loves all the movies (maybe because she can distinguish reality from fantasy much better than most). She had no issue with infinity wars, so I expect the same if it is as good. Heck, she was better behaved at the live beauty and the beast movie than I was.
How is she with long movies though? Can she sit through Sound of Music or My Fair Lady? (Those were the only two child friendly 3 hour movies that I could think of).

Just remembered LotR, whoops (maybe it’s because I didn’t watch them as a kid).

Infinity War didn’t feel like 2 hour 40 minutes to me because the action kept the film moving. There’s nothing to say that won’t happen in Endgame too, we won’t know until it comes out. It’s just been awhile since there’s been a 3 hour kid friendly movie.

LSLS

How is she with long movies though? Can she sit through Sound of Music or My Fair Lady? (Those were the only two child friendly 3 hour movies that I could think of).

Just remembered LotR, whoops (maybe it’s because I didn’t watch them as a kid).

Infinity War didn’t feel like 2 hour 40 minutes to me because the action kept the film moving. There’s nothing to say that won’t happen in Endgame too, we won’t know until it comes out. It’s just been awhile since there’s been a 3 hour kid friendly movie.

I think she will be great, but yeah, it's going to depend on how good the movie is. She's really mature for her age and she really never acts out, so I don't think we will have any issue (though we are going to be a small minority compared to most 6 year olds).

Honestly couldn't tell you about those other movies. My wife may have watched those with her, but if it's not Mel Brooks style or action, it's very hard to get me to sit through it.

TPC

The issue is more quality or quantity for me. E.g. How to Train a Dragon 3 compared to infinity war was a lot harder to watch and even made me feel bored, despite it being around half the length of infinity war

Princess Leia

The issue is more quality or quantity for me. E.g. How to Train a Dragon 3 compared to infinity war was a lot harder to watch and even made me feel bored, despite it being around half the length of infinity war
Well that’s sad :( I thought it was getting decent reviews

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Gwyneth Paltrow to exit MCU after Avengers: Endgame

Mike S

Gwyneth Paltrow to exit MCU after Avengers: Endgame
Dang it...

Princess Leia

Moving this discussion from the Captain Marvel thread to here:
I've been saying for a while that I think Steve won't die. He might "die" like he did in the first avenger but not permanently. I think they want an out so they can bring him back into the fold when needed. He still wants to play the part just not to the extent he has been. So I can see a scenario that he is able to return in later movies. It's a win win for both parties and the fans.
I really wonder if anyone is going to die for real in this movie. I’ve gone from ‘Tony & Steve are totally dying’ to ‘Only Thanos will die’. At this point, I’m feeling like Tony and Steve are just going to retire, and the door will remain open for cameos in Avengers 5 or Doctor Strange 2.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I really wonder if anyone is going to die for real in this movie. I’ve gone from ‘Tony & Steve are totally dying’ to ‘Only Thanos will die’. At this point, I’m feeling like Tony and Steve are just going to retire, and the door will remain open for cameos in Avengers 5 or Doctor Strange 2.

It's the comics. People die all the time. Then we find out they were doubles (robots, clones, aliens, magical constructs). Then we meet them again in another dimension. Then the timeline gets reset. Then they're Force Ghosts. Then they're mysteriously back from the dead... for a dream sequence or unknowingly plugged into the matrix. Then they're brought back by a powerful being to be a double agent, but then realize they're a pawn and switch sides back to the good guys. Then we find out they weren't killed but zapped into another dimension or into the quantum world or to a battle planet.

erasure fan1

Well it makes total sense. 2 of the absolute fan favorite characters are a HUGE risk to permanently kill off. Especially going into the next phase (even though it's not a phase) of whatever you are doing. People went nuts when Cap showed up in infinity war. Imagine him showing up in whatever the next avengers is, or one of the stand alones like you said. People will lose their minds. Its just a smart play to have in your pocket. If things get off to a rocky start it's an instant boost.

Princess Leia

It's the comics. People die all the time. Then we find out they were doubles (robots, clones, aliens, magical constructs). Then we meet them again in another dimension. Then the timeline gets reset. Then they're Force Ghosts. Then they're mysteriously back from the dead... for a dream sequence or unknowingly plugged into the matrix. Then they're brought back by a powerful being to be a double agent, but then realize they're a pawn and switch sides back to the good guys. Then we find out they weren't killed but zapped into another dimension or into the quantum world or to a battle planet.
Except for a series based off of comics, things have been played pretty straight. If there isn’t a fake out during the actual movie (Fury being ‘dead’ in Winter Soldier for like 30 minutes), then the only fake deaths that have lasted over multiple films that I can think of are Bucky (twice?????) and 98% of the people who ‘died’ in Infinity War. Other superpowered deaths seem to have stuck:
  • Yondu
  • The Warriors Three
  • Odin
  • Freyja
  • Any villain not named Loki or Red Skull
(Now I want to give Thor a hug, because, well, that list is his entire supporting cast)

Cosmic Commando

There was a Kevin Feige interview almost exactly a year ago now (before Infinity War) that's really stuck with me:
https://ew.com/movies/2018/03/09/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-mcu-future/
"When we talk about resolution or a character’s story ending, are we necessarily talking about death?
People always will jump to that. That’s not necessarily what we’re talking about. I talk a lot, because I’m a big- nerd, about Star Trek: The Next Generation, “All Good Things.” That to me is one of the best series finales ever. That wasn’t about death. Picard went and played poker with the crew, something he should have done a long time ago, right?"

Maybe it's just because I'm also a Star Trek nerd 😄, but that answer seemed and seems important to me. The obvious answer for a character to have an arc like that is Tony will finally, actually settle down with Pepper (which dovetails with that baby answer Gwyneth Paltrow gave). He's blown her off how many times now? I feel like that IW scene in the park before Doctor Strange showed up was there to remind everyone where their relationship was at. You could also send Cap back to the 40s so he could have his date with Peggy (sort of like Amy and Rory being killed off in Doctor Who by sending them to a different time to live full lives), but all the time travel movies ever made make that seem like a bad idea. It would threaten the whole timeline that led up to the MCU.

Cap will die. He threw himself on a grenade before he even had powers. He went down with the plane at the end of his first movie. He has no problem sacrificing himself for others. And honestly? Having him survive won't be as satisfying as having Tony start a family with Pepper. Steve doesn't have any connections in the modern world as strong as Tony-Pepper. I think one of them has to go. This way makes a lot of sense; the other way would be a big gut punch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom