Avengers 4!

Mike S

There was a Kevin Feige interview almost exactly a year ago now (before Infinity War) that's really stuck with me:
https://ew.com/movies/2018/03/09/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-mcu-future/
"When we talk about resolution or a character’s story ending, are we necessarily talking about death?
People always will jump to that. That’s not necessarily what we’re talking about. I talk a lot, because I’m a big-*** nerd, about Star Trek: The Next Generation, “All Good Things.” That to me is one of the best series finales ever. That wasn’t about death. Picard went and played poker with the crew, something he should have done a long time ago, right?"

Maybe it's just because I'm also a Star Trek nerd 😄, but that answer seemed and seems important to me. The obvious answer for a character to have an arc like that is Tony will finally, actually settle down with Pepper (which dovetails with that baby answer Gwyneth Paltrow gave). He's blown her off how many times now? I feel like that IW scene in the park before Doctor Strange showed up was there to remind everyone where their relationship was at. You could also send Cap back to the 40s so he could have his date with Peggy (sort of like Amy and Rory being killed off in Doctor Who by sending them to a different time to live full lives), but all the time travel movies ever made make that seem like a bad idea. It would threaten the whole timeline that led up to the MCU.

Cap will die. He threw himself on a grenade before he even had powers. He went down with the plane at the end of his first movie. He has no problem sacrificing himself for others. And honestly? Having him survive won't be as satisfying as having Tony start a family with Pepper. Steve doesn't have any connections in the modern world as strong as Tony-Pepper. I think one of them has to go. This way makes a lot of sense; the other way would be a big gut punch.
I might cry if there’s a funeral scene for Cap with Tony giving the eulogy 😭

Princess Leia

This is from October 2017:

Also, this is just me being me, but I want to take the time for a mini rant about the women’s size thing. Sizes are all over the place in the real world (I myself range from a 6 to a 10 in pants, shopping is soooooo fun). If they were looking for a ‘look’ (in shape/athletic), they might have wanted to just say so.

Okay end rant.

Between this movie and the last season of Game of Thrones, April and May are going to be 2 very full months of spoiler alerts.

Mike S

This is from October 2017:

Also, this is just me being me, but I want to take the time for a mini rant about the women’s size thing. Sizes are all over the place in the real world (I myself range from a 6 to a 10 in pants, shopping is soooooo fun). If they were looking for a ‘look’ (in shape/athletic), they might have wanted to just say so.

Okay end rant.

Between this movie and the last season of Game of Thrones, April and May are going to be 2 very full months of spoiler alerts.
Size numbers change? That doesn’t make sense at all. If you’re one size you’re one size. Different companies with different definitions I’m guessing?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Also, this is just me being me, but I want to take the time for a mini rant about the women’s size thing.

Totally agree.
So unrealistic—in a “real world” wouldn’t all shapes & sizes mourn a hero?

Size numbers change? That doesn’t make sense at all. If you’re one size you’re one size. Different companies with different definitions I’m guessing?

Different manufacturers use different measurements.

Conventional wisdom says that “more expensive” or designer brands are more generous with the fabric and therefore we ladies would take a smaller size, making us more likely to spend the 💸💸 on the brand, a concept known as “vanity sizing”. Whereas the “bargain retailers” are stingy with material, so you need a bigger size to cover the same area.

The same person who wears a 4 from Banana Republic would be a 10 at H&M, for example.(don’t ask how I know this)

And guys wonder why gals are cranky!! 😂

Back to Avengers 4: eagerly awaiting the movie, and enjoying following this thread for news.

Last edited:

Mike S

Different manufacturers use different measurements.

Conventional wisdom says that “more expensive” or designer brands are more generous with the fabric and therefore we ladies would take a smaller size, making us more likely to spend the 💸💸 on the brand, a concept known as “vanity sizing”. Whereas the “bargain retailers” are stingy with material, so you need a bigger size to cover the same area.

The same person who wears a 4 from Banana Republic would be a 10 at H&M, for example.

And guys wonder why gals are cranky!!😂

Back to Avengers 4: eagerly awaiting the movie, and enjoying following this thread for news.
Believe me I know. I grew up in a family of mostly girls counting my cousins I’m close with. Sometimes I just ask them if it makes them so cranky just stop caring so much. There’s always an excuse or they just laugh.

Last edited:

Mike S

This is a more balanced YouTube channel compared to some since all these guys do is examine what’s going on instead of fighting for one side or another. I’ve stopped watching Captain Marvel related videos from others. What makes this interesting is that apparantly there’s two different cuts of Endgame depending on how Captain Marvel does: one where she’s a big focus, and another where she’s still present but all the focus is more on the other characters.

Personally, no matter what happens, I want the cut that focuses on the original characters. It’s the culmination of their journey and their fight to finish. Captain Marvel will eventually get her shot as well if she becomes as beloved of a character.

Princess Leia

This is a more balanced YouTube channel compared to some since all these guys do is examine what’s going on instead of fighting for one side or another. I’ve stopped watching Captain Marvel related videos from others. What makes this interesting is that apparantly there’s two different cuts of Endgame depending on how Captain Marvel does: one where she’s a big focus, and another where she’s still present but all the focus is more on the other characters.

Personally, no matter what happens, I want the cut that focuses on the original characters. It’s the culmination of their journey and their fight to finish. Captain Marvel will eventually get her shot as well if she becomes as beloved of a character.

I can see it being like Infinity War tbh. T’Challa, despite being the biggest new character of the bunch, only had like 4 minutes of screen time, and ended the film as a pile of ash. While there aren’t as many characters in Endgame, the focus will probably be primarily letting the original 6 or 7 have a fitting ending (including Rhodey as the seventh; we’ll have to see how this movie ends to know if Black Widow is going to be a prequel or spiritual sequel).

Mike S

I can see it being like Infinity War tbh. T’Challa, despite being the biggest new character of the bunch, only had like 4 minutes of screen time, and ended the film as a pile of ash. While there aren’t as many characters in Endgame, the focus will probably be primarily letting the original 6 or 7 have a fitting ending (including Rhodey as the seventh; we’ll have to see how this movie ends to know if Black Widow is going to be a prequel or spiritual sequel).
Don’t forget Rocket too :)

I hope you’re right.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom