Avengers 4!

LSLS

I personally loved the trailer. I honestly dont get people being upset at any man and Hawkeye being shown in the trailer. Didnt the russo's say a while ago those two would be seen more in this film? I mean, they gave away the captain america reveal in the infinity wars trailer and nobody cared. In my eyes, that is roughly equal, and captain marvel is going to have an entrance similar to thor.

At any rate, I'm beyond excited for this one.

Princess Leia

I personally loved the trailer. I honestly dont get people being upset at any man and Hawkeye being shown in the trailer. Didnt the russo's say a while ago those two would be seen more in this film? I mean, they gave away the captain america reveal in the infinity wars trailer and nobody cared. In my eyes, that is roughly equal, and captain marvel is going to have an entrance similar to thor.

At any rate, I'm beyond excited for this one.
After the ‘Where’s Hawkeye?!?!?!’ bit from earlier in the year, they really had to include him in the trailer.

Side note on Hawkeye- I don’t think it’s Renner’s fault, but the films have never really leaned into Clint being funnier or more sarcastic than Tony. In his first two film appearances, Clint’s pretty serious (mind control would do that to a person), but it wasn’t completely remedied in AoU or CW (though Clint definitely was lighter). Now we’re going back to edgy Hawkeye/Ronin.

BrianLo

My ultimate theory for the endpoint is timey Whimey Dr Strange outlines either Stark or Cap needs to die for success... Stark petulantly sends Steve back in time to ‘save’ him and old man Steve shows up to make the sacrifice.

Therefore Steve dies, but can appear forever more in cameos as needed pre-Infinity War. Especially with Feige essentially outlining the MCU will forever hinge on before and after the events of Infinity war.

The destruction of the Infinity Gauntlet, or whatever they do to it in the end, will give them a McGuffin to start bleeding the universes together. I.e. I think the X-men will occupy their own parallel universe but can start to bleed between. Perhaps the event creates the Fantastic Four when Captain Marvel is also subsequently blasted back to the 80s, etc.

Or Maybe even one character gets blasted between universes to the new X-men occupied one, Wanda/Scarlet Witch?

But some other minor characters will truly need to bite the dust. I’d actually be fine with a Guardian character or two. The Thanos arch is really theirs first and foremost.

LSLS

Feige has recently said that the trailers are only going to take material from the first 15-20 minutes of the movie. If they actually manage to do that, I’m going to be impressed.

Wait, including the first one that released? That is a ridiculous first 20 minutes if true.

NateD1226

I have theory. All of the people they showed in the first second of the trailer are some of the "New Avengers" You can even see Bucky holding Cap's shield. Doesn't that scream NEW AVENGERS 😂

erasure fan1

If the rumors are true about only the first 15-20 minutes being shown in ads, then I’m not sure we’re going to get a traditional trailer in any sense.
You're probably right and I'm not to sure how I feel about that strategy. On one hand, I really don't need a trailer as I will see it no matter what. On the other hand there is something about an epic trailer that can push a movie over the top. I really hope that the spots they do get better as that was a waste of money. I expected something a lot better for a super bowl spot.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I started a thread and realized I was in the wrong place.

Can someone change the title to Avengers End Game though?

LSLS

I have theory. All of the people they showed in the first second of the trailer are some of the "New Avengers" You can even see Bucky holding Cap's shield. Doesn't that scream NEW AVENGERS 😂

Intersting.
It's also all characters who were killed by Thanos. Every scene shown was from a previous movie, and being in black and white just screams showing the past to me to just tug at all that was lost. Also think I'd be a bit surprised to see Vision back, and see Nick Fury leading it all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think we've been down this route before... ;)

THREE HOURS LONG! WOOHOO!

3 hours is way too much, to be honest.

It's in good company...
  • Gone with the Wind (1939) - 3 hours and 58 minutes
  • Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - 3 hours and 36 minutes
  • Ben-Hur (1959) - 3 hours and 32 minutes
  • Seven Samurai (1954) - 3 hours and 27 minutes
  • The Godfather: Part II (1974) - 3 hours and 20 minutes
  • Schindler's List (1993) - 3 hours and 15 minutes
  • Gandhi (1982) - 3 hours and 11 minutes
  • The Green Mile (1999) - 3 hours and 9 minutes
  • The Deer Hunter (1978) - 3 hours and 2 minutes
  • The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - 3 hours
  • Braveheart (1995) - 2 hours and 57 minutes
  • The Godfather (1972) - 2 hours and 55 minutes

Princess Leia

So, I organize young professional events, and on my drive into work this morning... I realized that I had booked April’s event on opening night :banghead: Can I go to the 9 PM (or whenever it is) showing? Sure, but if it’s really 3 hours... That’s gonna be a late night for me :(

And no, I already know I can’t watch it Friday the 26th lol

Mike S

3 hours is way too much, to be honest.
giphy.gif

So, I organize young professional events, and on my drive into work this morning... I realized that I had booked April’s event on opening night :banghead: Can I go to the 9 PM (or whenever it is) showing? Sure, but if it’s really 3 hours... That’s gonna be a late night for me :(

And no, I already know I can’t watch it Friday the 26th lol
Cancel it. Priorities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom