Captain Neo

It doesn't. Hence why we go through endless debates that don't need bringing up again. But you could look at the Flora and Fauna of the planet that surrounds it. Avatar makes more sense than Mystic Manor - God I never thought I would type that.

Mystic Manor's main character is a monkey which is an animal so it fits.

Also the owner of the house is a hunter which is a clear tie to conservation.

SirLink

Actually the Henry Mystic is a collector of artifacts - not a hunter, plus the most important thing HK has an exclusive on it.

Captain Neo

Actually that isn't true at all because I remember talki to one of the imagineers about it at D23 and she said there are no plans to bring it to other parks but they would love too in the future. Didn't say anything about an exclusive

SirLink

Actually that isn't true at all because I remember talki to one of the imagineers about it at D23 and she said there are no plans to bring it to other parks but they would love too in the future. Didn't say anything about an exclusive

Yeah coming from the guy who thinks by not building DLPR - the NA parks would somehow be better ... yeah alright PAL. And really is an employee of a company going to mention contractual agreements at a fan convention - not likely.

Captain Neo

Yeah coming from the guy who thinks by not building DLPR - the NA parks would somehow be better ... yeah alright PAL. And really is an employee of a company going to mention contractual agreements at a fan convention - not likely.

what does one have to do with the other? Are you nuts?

Do you have any proof that Mystic Manor is a "HK exclusive" like you claim? Anything official you can show me?

Suspirian

Just because it has one animal, that doesn't make it fit into DAK. The main story of the ride is the monkey and his adventures inside the house...with inanimate objects that have come to life...far from any real wildlife. There's many attractions with one animal...doesn't mean they fit DAK. Even if the owner was a hunter, the attraction would be glorifying hunting, not conservation

twebber55

Just because it has one animal, that doesn't make it fit into DAK. The main story of the ride is the monkey and his adventures inside the house...with inanimate objects that have come to life...far from any real wildlife. There's many attractions with one animal...doesn't mean they fit DAK. Even if the owner was a hunter, the attraction would be glorifying hunting, not conservation
although i do think mystic manor is an incredible attraction i agree with this...the guy is a big game hunter not really fitting into DAK in my opinion.i do hope it comes to a park in some capacity

lazyboy97o

what does one have to do with the other? Are you nuts?

Do you have any proof that Mystic Manor is a "HK exclusive" like you claim? Anything official you can show me?
Look up the original announcements. All three lands have some exclusivity, the two originals being global and Toy Story Land being exclusive to Asia.

Tim_4

Original Poster
Okay I'll bite. Hunting plays a HUGE role in conservation efforts. For example, the nutria rats in Louisiana are an invasive species that are destroying the bayou and hunters are responsible for keeping their population down to preserve the wetlands for other species. Population control is necessary in parts of Pennsylvania to keep the whitetails from starving to death. Alaska uses the meat of harvested animals to feed the homeless. Many states fund their entire state park conservation system on hunting license and tag fees without burdening the taxpayer. Harvest limits are closely monitored to preserve these species. Hunters are among the most effective conservationists out there because they want to preserve these resources for future generations.

NoChesterHester

although i do think mystic manor is an incredible attraction i agree with this...the guy is a big game hunter not really fitting into DAK in my opinion.i do hope it comes to a park in some capacity

Lets not confuse hunting and poaching. Legal hunting is an important part of the circle of life and without it many ecosystems would be out of balance.

NoChesterHester

Okay I'll bite. Hunting plays a HUGE role in conservation efforts. For example, the nutria rats in Louisiana are an invasive species that are destroying the bayou and hunters are responsible for keeping their population down to preserve the wetlands for other species. Population control is necessary in parts of Pennsylvania to keep the whitetails from starving to death. Alaska uses the meat of harvested animals to feed the homeless. Many states fund their entire state park conservation system on hunting license and tag fees without burdening the taxpayer. Harvest limits are closely monitored to preserve these species. Hunters are among the most effective conservationists out there because they want to preserve these resources for future generations.

Excellent post. ^You beat me to it and said it better.

Suspirian

We're not talking rats or any other invasive species, we're talking large animals like elephants, rhinos, lions and other species that are being hunted in the wild out if pure greed. Again...Lord Henery isn't a hunter he's a collector of antiques.

Suspirian

Lets not confuse hunting and poaching. Legal hunting is an important part of the circle of life and without it many ecosystems would be out of balance.
Poaching is a better way to put it and I think that's what he meant. Population Control is totally fine IMO I have nothing against it. Crazy hoe we went from Avatar to this lol...I'll stop now

Turtle

DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM
Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.
Dedicated this 22nd day of April, 1998
Michael D. Eisner

The last phrase is referring to the animal kingdom.
I think they meant Na'vi :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom