twebber55

a quick search on Yuri shows he was very involved in the creative process for avatar...several interesting articles into their thought process for the pandoran environment

Magenta Panther

What did Disney slip into the politicians' sesame chicken to get them to let this slip through the cracks?
Hong-Kong-Disneyland-Toy-Story-Land.jpg

YEEEUCHHH!!!!! :p

Captain Neo

you know instead of waiting 5 years for Avatarland Disney could have greenlit a version of Mysterious Island for DAK complete with a new version of Journey to Center of the Earth, 20k Under the sea, and clone Mystic Manor from HKDL then in 5-10 years once Cameron is all done with his Avatar saga and it is seen that there is still a big audience hungry for Pandora THEN greenlight an Avatarland to make DAK a world class park with high attendance and win back tourists from Universal and other entertainment destinations.

But you know i'm just some guy and couldn't possibly be smarter than the people running the Walt Disney Company currently...

SirLink

you know instead of waiting 5 years for Avatarland Disney could have greenlit a version of Mysterious Island for DAK complete with a new version of Journey to Center of the Earth, 20k Under the sea, and clone Mystic Manor from HKDL then in 5-10 years once Cameron is all done with his Avatar saga and it is seen that there is still a big audience hungry for Pandora THEN greenlight an Avatarland to make DAK a world class park with high attendance and win back tourists from Universal and other entertainment destinations.

But you know i'm just some guy and couldn't possibly be smarter than the people running the Walt Disney Company currently...

Absolutely your not smarter than the folks running TWDC, Mystic Manor absolutely does not fit DAK. If Hong Kong did not have an exclusive on it - the only place that would make sense would be Adventure Land in MK - but they do.

N.B. 5 attractions in a span of 15 years will not draw guests back from Uni and other international parks.

twebber55

Absolutely your not smarter than the folks running TWDC, Mystic Manor absolutely does not fit DAK. If Hong Kong did not have an exclusive on it - the only place that would make sense would be Adventure Land in MK - but they do.

N.B. 5 attractions in a span of 15 years will not draw guests back from Uni and other international parks.
well i definitely agree that this project wont draw back guest from universal only because universal is doing a great job on their own and IMO no project at disney is going to change what Uni is doing

i do think avatar will grow the attendance at DAK extensively and i hate to make post like that because i dont want do debate this topic again, after all the mods on page one said to take the avatar debate to the other avatar threads

rd805

You're out of your mind if you don't think Avatar for AK, and Star Wars for HS will increase excitement and attendance. I think New Fantasyland has proven that the new technologies/experiences improve on a yearly basis. And while Universal is doing well w/ their announcements/additions, the two companies really only enhance EACHOTHER. They push one another, and continue to attract more people to the Orlando area.

twebber55

You're out of your mind if you don't think Avatar for AK, and Star Wars for HS will increase excitement and attendance. I think New Fantasyland has proven that the new technologies/experiences improve on a yearly basis. And while Universal is doing well w/ their announcements/additions, the two companies really only enhance EACHOTHER. They push one another, and continue to attract more people to the Orlando area.
welcome ryan glad to have you

G8rchamps

You do all realize if we don't get Avatar, we get nothing at DAK, right? So, we could get a very impressive E-ticket with questionable source material or...nothing. Do you still want to be riding the "brand new" Expedition Everest in 2020?

Not an Avatar fan, but when you put it that way....Lets do this!

Captain Neo

*looks around* who said that???

Fox&Hound

What??? I hope this is meant in some kind of a jest because if not it's first off rude and second of all not true. It's your opinion that Mystic Manor does not fit. I've seen the video and I definitely can see what the original poster was saying. It could easily work into the theme of AK. Not every ride has to be dripping in animals for it to fit into AK. It's dedication plaque reads "a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn." Mystic Manor could certainly fit. There's no need to be rude.

Captain Neo

What??? I hope this is meant in some kind of a jest because if not it's first off rude and second of all not true. It's your opinion that Mystic Manor does not fit. I've seen the video and I definitely can see what the original poster was saying. It could easily work into the theme of AK. Not every ride has to be dripping in animals for it to fit into AK. It's dedication plaque reads "a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn." Mystic Manor could certainly fit. There's no need to be rude.

The really funny thing about sir link's post is when he says he could see mystic manor going into Adventureland without realizing that Animal kingdom is essentially a giant theme park version of Adventureland.

SirLink

The really funny thing about sir link's post is when he says he could see mystic manor going into Adventureland without realizing that Animal kingdom is essentially a giant theme park version of Adventureland.

Thing is Adventure land captures the spirit of 1930s Explorers hence why Indy wouldn't fit in DAK, hence why Pirates wouldn't fit DAK.

It is either Animals or some conservation message ala Kali River, something that has no relevance for a park does NOT fit.

Let us just look at the dedication for a minute shall we:

DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM
Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.
Dedicated this 22nd day of April, 1998
Michael D. Eisner

The last phrase is referring to the animal kingdom.

Captain Neo

Thing is Adventure land captures the spirit of 1930s Explorers hence why Indy wouldn't fit in DAK, hence why Pirates wouldn't fit DAK.

It is either Animals or some conservation message ala Kali River, something that has no relevance for a park does NOT fit.

Let us just look at the dedication for a minute shall we:

DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM
Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.
Dedicated this 22nd day of April, 1998
Michael D. Eisner

The last phrase is referring to the animal kingdom.

How does space travel and intergalactic warfare in the 22nd century fit the DAK theme again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom