bassman02

Dispite my difference of opinion on whether or not AVATARland is good. (See original thread for that)
I am really intrigued and excited to see if and how this comes to fruition.So thanks for the new thread.:)

Anyway just an idea but Maybe the costumes will be like military uniforms and lab technician costumes like the humans have in the movie??

And how about a bike coaster designed around the flying animals the navi ride,that would be cool.:)

MarkTwain

What I find interesting is that all signs of progress on the Avatar project are coming from areas besides Imagineering. We now have pretty clear moves being made by entertainment (FOTLK relocation), transportation (parking lot expansion) and costuming, but still no concept art, progress reports or actual construction.

Is it possible Disney sort of gave a resort-wide command to prepare for this expansion, and only Imagineering hasn't been able to follow up on it?

RunnerEd

Jet lagged greetings from Bagram AFB, Afghanistan where it's around 7pm tomorrow (I think). I checked in so my paycheck is now officially tax free!!!!! I actually watched Avatar on the plane ride over. Regarding the costumes, I certainly hope they are not of the "military" type portrayed in the movie. I didn't mind any part of the movie with the exception of its portrayal of the corporate military. All balls, no brains. That's not how we operate and I resent Hollywood's portrayal that way. The scientists, however would be just fine. However, I don't see why fairly plain costume (lab coat/khakis/etc) need to be design 3-4 years prior to opening. That seems like a very simple detail that would be taken care of sometime within the last year of construction.

twebber55

Dispite my difference of opinion on whether or not AVATARland is good. (See original thread for that)
I am really intrigued and excited to see if and how this comes to fruition.So thanks for the new thread.:)

Anyway just an idea but Maybe the costumes will be like military uniforms and lab technician costumes like the humans have in the movie??

And how about a bike coaster designed around the flying animals the navi ride,that would be cool.:)
would love a bike coaster perhaps around the tree of souls
my wish list has always been the 3 rides
vekoma bike coaster (48 inch)
Soarin 10.0 (40 inch)
boat ride (family)

this way all are included but like others have said it looks like we may be down to one major e ticket with tons of theming similar to star tours set up

and again thanks for the civil discussion

George

Liker of Things
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic (never can, actually), but I personally think the Sigourney Weaver figure more closely resembles a 1970's mannequin at our old downtown Woolworth's store.

I think the problem may be that I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes, it is just abject silliness. I agree 110% about the Weaver figure in GMR. I kind of feel like the person who designed it looked at one picture of her face and then went from memory after that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Jet lagged greetings from Bagram AFB, Afghanistan where it's around 7pm tomorrow (I think). I checked in so my paycheck is now officially tax free!!!!! I actually watched Avatar on the plane ride over. Regarding the costumes, I certainly hope they are not of the "military" type portrayed in the movie. I didn't mind any part of the movie with the exception of its portrayal of the corporate military. All balls, no brains. That's not how we operate and I resent Hollywood's portrayal that way. The scientists, however would be just fine. However, I don't see why fairly plain costume (lab coat/khakis/etc) need to be design 3-4 years prior to opening. That seems like a very simple detail that would be taken care of sometime within the last year of construction.
I wish I knew why this portion of the movie is so misunderstood. The "military" in the movie is in no way a representation of our current, volunteer military. It is a private security force largely made up of ex-military personnel, just like many are in real life. If anyone should be upset it should be rent a cops.

George

Liker of Things
would love a bike coaster perhaps around the tree of souls
my wish list has always been the 3 rides
vekoma bike coaster (48 inch)
Soarin 10.0 (40 inch)
boat ride (family)

this way all are included but like others have said it looks like we may be down to one major e ticket with tons of theming similar to star tours set up

and again thanks for the civil discussion

I like your list. DAK can be tough with kids. I think they should make a giant bioluminescing plant into a multi-level swinging vine ride, that looks awesome at night and gives a little different feel than just another spinner during the day. So, I suppose my wish list has always been yours, plus one...I also think on the parking lot side of Home Tree we should have a couple of Navi looking out at everyone as they approach the park.

Mammymouse

Thank you for your service and please stay safe. I agree with your post, only I just couldn't get past the "all balls, no brains" portrayal of the military, I resented that too, so the movie failed for me. The Na'vi and Pandora were interesting to see though.

jt04

Thank you and you make a great point here.

bassman02

I
I like your list. DAK can be tough with kids. I think they should make a giant bioluminescing plant into a multi-level swinging vine ride, that looks awesome at night and gives a little different feel than just another spinner during the day. So, I suppose my wish list has always been yours, plus one...I also think on the parking lot side of Home Tree we should have a couple of Navi looking out at everyone as they approach the park.
I like this idea.

There is one thing thats bugging me a little
that Is that AK already has the tree of life.
Would disney build another huge tree in a park that already has one as its landmark.would it not be a little confusing to new guests as to which tree is the landmark?

I don't know about anyone else but when I watched the movie,the home tree screamed tree of life to me.

twebber55

great idea

George

Liker of Things
I
I like this idea.

Would disney build another huge tree in a park that already has one as its landmark.would it not be a little confusing to new guests as to which tree is the landmark?

I don't know about anyone else but when I watched the movie,the home tree screamed tree of life to me.

I suppose they just set a precedent with castles all over the place in MK. I think if the tree is big, grand, and looks different enough when built, it will be OK. Of course, it will lead to confusion on family vacations 'Which tree is Home Tree again? I still don't get where we're meeting for lunch."

twebber55

I
I like this idea.

i think they could as long as the pandoran jungle is inside

bassman02

I suppose they just set a precedent with castles all over the place in MK. I think if the tree is big, grand, and looks different enough when built, it will be OK. Of course, it will lead to confusion on family vacations 'Which tree is Home Tree again? I still don't get where we're meeting for lunch."
That's what I was thinking.lol
But yeah I suppose they could make it look completely different.

bassman02

i think they could as long as the pandoran jungle is inside

That would be a pretty cool idea.they could maybe even make a family Robinson treehouse style walk thru attraction but inside the tree and it be like the navi colony,and on a much bigger scale.maybe even have navi inside as well for photos,or show scenes or something?

One idea I had was to make the whole land like a living area,ie street characters,atmosphere characters and street performers.
Imagine walking through a pandorian jungle and seeing scientists taking samples.
navi going about their daily life maybe have them doing demos (shows) on how to make plant baskets or whatever.
And this may be a long shot but how about making AA free roaming pandora animals,like lucky the dinosaur but AVATAR.:)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Since it appears we are not getting any prototypes/ concept art/designs/ anything.... anyone care to take a couple stabs at some possible artwork?

I'll see what I can come up with... but I'll have to re-watch Avatar and hopefully not fall asleep this time. :\

Side note- does anyone else think that a 9 ft. tall character would scare the hell out of little kids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom