ToTBellHop

Why are they designing costumes for something they may not even build? I don't get it.
I don't get the impression that the management thinks there is a possibility of Avatarland not being built. It's more of an issue of time to flesh out the concept and whether or not certain individuals can force others to get along (or get a new job).

I remember hearing something about they were going to try the floating or moving mountains from the movie. Has anyone heard anymore of this? Also, how would you make that. I guess put up a huge background in the distance like carsland. Except have the mountains carved 3d behind the background on "stilts" that sat on a track that slowly moved back and forth.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I remember hearing something about they were going to try the floating or moving mountains from the movie. Has anyone heard anymore of this? Also, how would you make that. I guess put up a huge background in the distance like carsland. Except have the mountains carved 3d behind the background on "stilts" that sat on a track that slowly moved back and forth.

I think that a floating mountain would be done pretty much like this:
Magic+Floating+Water+Faucet+Fountain+Tap+Aqualand+Puerto+de+Santa+Mar%25C3%25ADa+Spain.JPG

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Except that Legoland just did/is doing floating mountains using that very method.
That had to have an effect on WDI's plan.
Would it? I could see them switching gears if they had a better way, but not if it was the only way.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Except that Legoland just did/is doing floating mountains using that very method.
That had to have an effect on WDI's plan.
Good point. Any idea if that did cause any redesign, or if they just decided to blow forward with whatever they had?

Lee

Adventurer
Would it? I could see them switching gears if they had a better way, but not if it was the only way.
I don't know of another way to do a floating mountain outdoors. Hard to see them doing that unless it was going to be massively superior to what Legoland is doing.
Good point. Any idea if that did cause any redesign, or if they just decided to blow forward with whatever they had?
No clue. I don't even know if mountains are in the current plan.

bdearl41

Do we have any knowledge from inside sources on any rides that have been greenlit? The only two I have ever heard mentioned is a water/river ride as well as the ride with the technology that makes it seem as if you are flying. To me this is a great opportunity for Disney to start working with B&M on a flying coaster.

Lee

Adventurer
Do we have any knowledge from inside sources on any rides that have been greenlit? The only two I have ever heard mentioned is a water/river ride as well as the ride with the technology that makes it seem as if you are flying. To me this is a great opportunity for Disney to start working with B&M on a flying coaster.
Last I heard, it was down to just the flying simulator.

Disney and B&M....not gonna happen.

cheezbat

Ugh the flying thing just doesn't sound interesting to me. I don't even much care for Soarin'...

I would much rather have the boat ride but majorly expanded, or the motorbike coaster. The Soarin' 3-D is the least interesting ride concept to me.

jt04

I don't know of another way to do a floating mountain outdoors. Hard to see them doing that unless it was going to be massively superior to what Legoland is doing.

No clue. I don't even know if mountains are in the current plan.

When I first saw the floating mountain concept art for LEGOLAND I thought for a second it was utilizing the old Island in the Sky arm (or whatever it was called). That arm could hold a massive structure. I could see Disney doing a mechanism similar to that with a lot of thought going into sightline design. Not easy but it could be done.

doctornick

Regarding the costumes, I'm imagining that the CMs in the area will likely be human (perhaps with outfits based on the scientists in the movie, though I don't recall if they wore distinctive outfits compared to the military). The Navi walking around would be fewer in numbers and more M&G oriented, not running things.

Just my guess....

misterID

I would guess the CM costumes would be Military garb. The one thing I've been curious about since this was announced is if we would see costumes for CM's dressed like Navi and on stilts, much like the "tree people."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom