twebber55

Plenty of lands feature(d) just one ride. Pixar Place. Africa. DinoLand, U.S.A., Asia, Sunset Blvd, and even the all new Mystic Point (which also has a shop and restaurant like the discussed, single ride version of Avatarland).
dinoland, Sunset blvd have 2 each

lazyboy97o

I might be missing it, but I can not think of a land at WDW that only features 1 attraction.
There is a reason I used the word ride. Walkthroughs and play areas and the like tend to get left to the side in these sorts of discussions. I believe there was even mention that the single ride version of Avatar might still have trails or some sort of walking experience. But I listed several Walt Disney World lands that either have or had only one ride at opening.

ToTBellHop

There is a reason I used the word ride. Walkthroughs and play areas and the like tend to get left to the side in these sorts of discussions. I believe there was even mention that the single ride version of Avatar might still have trails or some sort fo walking experience. But I listed several Walt Disney World lands that either have or had only one ride at opening.
I think it's a fair point. And my point would be that a company that thought an expansion with one ride and some meet and greets was sufficient for the "largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history" would not surprise me if it built a (very pretty) land with one ride, dining, shopping, and large blue people.

lazyboy97o

dinoland, Sunset blvd have 2 each
That's why I said feature(d). Sunset Blvd opened with only the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which remained the sole ride for five years until the opening of the Rock 'n Rollercoaster in 1999. DinoLand, U.S.A. opened with only Countdown to Extinction. Primeval Whirl and TriceraTop Spin opened later as part of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.

lazyboy97o

DinoLand, U.S.A has 3 rides
"Triceratop Spin, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur.
You should probably keep reading before replying.

That's why I said feature(d). Sunset Blvd opened with only the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which remained the sole ride for five years until the opening of the Rock 'n Rollercoaster in 1999. DinoLand, U.S.A. opened with only Countdown to Extinction. Primeval Whirl and TriceraTop Spin opened later as part of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom