Disneyhead'71

They were going to go with Intamin and not Vekoma? That's interesting news.
The Vekoma motorbike coaster is a less thrilling ride system. But I believe that the pic I posted is actually a Vekoma system not the Intamin AG system.
But never the less I believe they had settled on the Intamin AG system before killing it all together. But there is still a Tron Lightcycle in the works for the new China park.

SirLink

To keep this on track, I believe Beastlie Kingdom was going to be part of Phase II of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Avatarland being built on that plot does not mean Phase II happened. Phase II for Disney parks tend to be more specific than "eventually we will expand."

Phase II in terms of Disney is someone going through concept art and cherry picking it to scan to end up in a coffee table book. Sad. Yes. But truthful.

twebber55

I'll concede that as a point of logic. "Land" comments are not empirical proof that there will be multiple attractions.

That said, there WILL be multiple attractions.
Im with you but im not counting my chickens before they hatch or in this case dirt is moving. Disney projects are far too fluid

George

Liker of Things
Is it a known that official artwork/plans will be shown at D23 or could we know before then? I'd love to have something really concrete to discuss....

twebber55

Is it a known that official artwork/plans will be shown at D23 or could we know before then? I'd love to have something really concrete to discuss....
If dhs is also happening then i dont see the point in holding off of information for avatar so each gets its own time in spot light

They ve got to have plenty of art work to show now

doctornick

If dhs is also happening then i dont see the point in holding off of information for avatar so each gets its own time in spot light

They ve got to have plenty of art work to show now

I agree. Not to mention, they could release concept art for Avatar right now and still present models and/or more physical stuff like one of the ride vehicles or a small area demonstrating bioluminescent plants, etc at D23. While simultaneously announcing Cars Land, Star Wars, whatever for DHS at D23.

Tim_4

Original Poster
I agree. Not to mention, they could release concept art for Avatar right now and still present models and/or more physical stuff like one of the ride vehicles or a small area demonstrating bioluminescent plants, etc at D23. While simultaneously announcing Cars Land, Star Wars, whatever for DHS at D23.
They're (slowly) learning their lesson about releasing concept art. You don't want to release something and get everyone all excited unless you're absolutely sure it will work and be affordable. This is part of the reason why the mine coaster was pushed all the way to the final phase of Fantasyland. It's worse to announce something and then have to reel it back in than to just hold off on announcing it until the "green light" is firmly green.

Disneyhead'71

Since Avatar has already been "announced" there is no need to show more until D23. That way it will look like thay are doing a lot. Where as, if the drop concept art now, that will be less to include at D23. They want D23 to be the "power punch".

That said, expect WWOHP 2.0 concept art to be released 24 hours after what ever Disney drops at D23. Universal may even announce a Jurassic Park multi attraction expansion, Bond Stunt Show, IOA Lagoon Show, and a 5th resort hotel (heavily themed at that) to really kink the mouse's tail. TDO didn't care about Potter 1.0 or Transformers, but when they announced Cabana Bay TDO went spinning. TDO doesn't care about park attendance numbers. They are all about hotel OccRates.

But keep in mind, WDW doesn't have a "legitimate" competitor anywhere on the planet.

the.dreamfinder

Same as Flight of Passasge IIRC. I'd love to see an Iron Man ride, but after Iron Man 3 I don't know if it will happen...

Is Flight of Passage Soarin' 2.0 or the motorbike/kuka? Iron Man just made 700 million in two weeks of release. Cars Land got built because the Cars franchise is a gold mine, so is Iron Man. They could always do something crazy and do BOTH Iron Man and the TRON outdoor lightcycle. That with some other land enhancements could be quite a response to WWoHP Hollywood.

Cody5242

Same as Flight of Passasge IIRC. I'd love to see an Iron Man ride, but after Iron Man 3 I don't know if it will happen...
Are you saying Iron Man 3 was a financial disaster? Iron Man is the most popular marvel character right now. $680 mill worldwide in two weeks speaks for itself

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom