RSoxNo1

Isn't that just rehashing the previous rumor (from the leaked plans), but just adding on the new timeframe announced by George K?

Anyway, I hope the rumor is true, except that it would be nice if they could aim for a 2016 opening.
That's exactly what it is. Just because there have been 22 pages on here doesn't mean there have been substantial changes (other than it being potentially shrunk down to a single E ticket).

doctornick

That's exactly what it is. Just because there have been 22 pages on here doesn't mean there have been substantial changes (other than it being potentially shrunk down to a single E ticket).

Fair enough. I guess my question is about the "1 E-ticket only" versus "1 E-ticket plus a second TBD attraction" debate. Furthermore, I wonder if the "leaked plans" are in play at all, or have they been scrapped (or were never really on the table) and current plans are completely different.

I rather liked the leaked plans and think the the Soarin ride plus boat ride would be a welcome addition to the park. So, I hope those plans are real and being fleshed out.

RSoxNo1

Fair enough. I guess my question is about the "1 E-ticket only" versus "1 E-ticket plus a second YTD attraction" debate. Furthermore, I wonder if the "leaked plans" are in play at all, or have they been scrapped (or were never really on the table) and current plans are completely different.

I rather liked the leaked plans and think the the Soarin ride plus boat ride would be a welcome addition to the park. So, I hope those plans are real and being fleshed out.
At this point, the leaked plans are the most definitive piece of information that's come out since September 20, 2011. Since the leaked plans have come out, WDW1974 and Lee have suggested that this is down to just the E-ticket. At this point, it is assumed that the E-ticket in question is the one depicted in the plans (the 3D simulator) and not another E-ticket (say the motorbike coaster or something else).

Mammymouse

So I drew some concept art today! It's not great, but at least it gives us something to look at. (Whether we want it or we don't) The 1st is a picture of the entrance to the supposed Banshee motorbike ride/hanging coaster thing or whatever. The 2nd picture is about my post above, which is a Swiss Family Robinson like walk through, but inside a show building behind a smaller version of the Tree of Life, that of couse looks like the Navis' "home tree". And the 3rd is the water attraction that was supposedly planned but I think is now not, so its just like a normal boat ride but this scene it has a sun roof so you can see what the forest looks like during the day and at night when it gets dark, also since i agreed about someone else post about attractions inside attractions (like the people mover), I drew the Banshee coaster going right through this scene of the water attraction. Hope you enjoy!:)
1st:
AvatarLand Art by WDW97, on Flickr
2nd:
3rd:

Best stick people ever! And that horse in pic #3 is just amazing! Seriously - much better than I could do.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Good job on the concept art @WDW97 :) I haven't had time to gather my thoughts and put pencil to paper... busy with work and tying things up before Wednesday- I leave for WDW at 4 AM !

articos

Huh, interesting. Looks like there's a bit of conflict on what the plans are going to be. I assume we'll know more about what is planned at D23?

It's not that i'm siding with anyone here, but i'm going to keep my expectations low until we hear what is happening. More so as not to be disappointed just in case. It'll be a nice surprise if it's more than a Soarin 2.0, but there's no use in getting hopes up until we know more.

So the E Ticket from your source is an actual ride and not a simulator?
Yes, I'd look to D23 for more info on upcoming projects. I'm not willing to say much on the actual attraction itself yet - I'd prefer to wait on more information to be released. It's not Soarin, though. There are similarities, but there's more to it.
Thanks for the info. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the plans keep changing. If they were rocketing ahead we would have seen concept art by now.
You're welcome. Plans will continue to change. It's beyond concept now, however.
So to be clear... You are hearing the plan currently is two rides (one E-ticket and one C-ticket), a restaurant and merchandise. The E-ticket is not going to be the Soarin' type ride, but a specific concept has been chosen. The C-ticket is still to be determined.

Is that a good summary?
See above. I don't want to go into specifics yet, as they continue to change and I don't want to put rumors out there. As of right now, what Tim said is accurate. E and a C, plus multiple food & beverage and retail, and a possible nighttime show. My personal expectation is this will be less than the fully realized lands we're used to from the past, but will be better than New Fantasyland. It's at the end of concept, now the task is turning what's on the drawings into a reliable 365 day attraction.

articos

Let's not pretend that building rockwork is easy. As impressive as the build time for Transformers has been, it's being built in a soundstage, they're not building a mini mountain. Having said that, given when they started there's no reason other than not wanting to pay for a faster build time that SDMT couldn't be open by Thanksgiving.

As for tracking this rumor...
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors...-world-of-avatar-coming-to-the-animal-kingdom
Right. Realistic rockwork is actually pretty difficult and time-consuming. Really have to have artists working on it.

Word is Disneyland's Indy Ride is being considered for an expansion at Disney studios...
indiana+1+-.jpg

After today talking to Animal Kingdom cast members on why Avatar construction has halted they informed me that they don't know for sure BUT that with all the criticism surrounding the Avatar project it may be downscaled to just a ride instead of an entire land or disposed of completely. They also said that with Disney now acquiring Lucasfilms and with Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones 5 being considered it is a very possible the classic attraction will come to FL. Harrison Ford's IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/ The following parks are now being considering the addition of Disneyland's classic Indy ride to either AK, MK or Hollywood studios. Here's a couple reasons why it makes sense.

***Disney Studios scenario: The demolition of man made Echo lake, American Idol experience, & the former Sounds Dangerous showroom has also been considered to fit in the ride as it is connected to the stunt show and would become an Indy themed land.

1. Many people on the East coast haven't experienced this ride yet.
2. Its still very popular and would fit in Walt Disney World (especially Animal Kingdom)
3. Disney now owns the rights to Lucasfilms.
4. It would be a lot quicker and affordable to construct since a new ride would consist of planning and designing whereby the ride's design plans already exist.
5. The ride is already a very successful ride and would be a great fit for Animal Kingdom.
6. Indiana Jones 5 is still being considered as Harrison Ford's IMDB page has announced the film source:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom