Tim_4

Original Poster
It's not an argument, it is fact. Official comments regarding a land do not, in and of themselves, point to multiple attractions.
I'll concede that as a point of logic. "Land" comments are not empirical proof that there will be multiple attractions.

That said, there WILL be multiple attractions.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How am I wrong that Disney parks have lands that feature only one attraction? Mystic Point just opened. I've made no comment regarding the actual contents of Avatarland as they stand at the moment. My point has been that an official comment from Disney about a land being built does not indicate a minimum number of attractions.
It might not indicate more than 1 ride, but it at least implies more than just a single random ride added and nothing more. Even Pixar place has just more than just the 1 ride. Granted it is only a meet and greet a store and some snacks, but it is more than just a single ride.

lazyboy97o

[quote="lazyboy97o, post: 5480152, member: 62775"Not really sure how the eventual expansion of either is proof of a Phase II happening.

Phase 1: Land is opened.
Phase 2: Land is expanded.
Phase 3: Land is expanded again.

Seems pretty simple to me.[/quote]
To keep this on track, I believe Beastlie Kingdom was going to be part of Phase II of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Avatarland being built on that plot does not mean Phase II happened. Phase II for Disney parks tend to be more specific than "eventually we will expand."

lazyboy97o

It might not indicate more than 1 ride, but it at least implies more than just a single random ride added and nothing more. Even Pixar place has just more than just the 1 ride. Granted it is only a meet and greet a store and some snacks, but it is more than just a single ride.
And I do not recall seeing anybody claim that Avatar would be represented by just a single, solitary ride. Everything about the single attraction included a shop and restaurant, everything that is featured in the newly opened Mystic Point.

Funmeister

I'll concede that as a point of logic. "Land" comments are not empirical proof that there will be multiple attractions.

That said, there WILL be multiple attractions.

"multiple" = two*

Walking paths with interactive flowers do not count as an attraction. Soarin' may have multiple ride systems, for capacity, but is still one attraction.

What are the multiple attractions that we "WILL" see Timmy? Sounds like you have an in...let's hear it...

Tim_4

Original Poster
"multiple" = two*

Walking paths with interactive flowers do not count as an attraction. Soarin' may have multiple ride systems, for capacity, but is still one attraction.

What are the multiple attractions that we "WILL" see Timmy? Sounds like you have an in...let's hear it...
Yes, two. That's what I've been saying. An E and a C. Dunno what. Others might.

Vader2112

Feel free to move this to the Avatar thread but I figured I'd start a new thread for actual news rather than bury it in 200 pages of argument.

1. Workforce management has provided Labor estimates to the costuming team who has begun design and assembly of new costumes.

2. A study has been done to determine how much Animal Kingdom cast parking will need to expand to support the new headcount.
Sorry it looks like your idea of speaking of progress and a more positive outlook ended up in the same ole place. :mad:

Funmeister

Yes, two. That's what I've been saying. An E and a C. Dunno what. Others might.

Ok. I know that there is/was a bigger concept planned with more than two attractions. Just wanted to clarify that you were talking about the current two and not the older plan. Thanks Timmy!

Tim_4

Original Poster
Ok. I know that there is/was a bigger concept planned with more than two attractions. Just wanted to clarify that you were talking about the current two and not the older plan. Thanks Timmy!
Two attractions, like proper rides. But also other "stuff."

Disneyhead'71

The Motorbike coaster is from Intamin AG, and was nixed early on.

As far as topping the competition, Disney doesn't feel that they have a "legitimate" competitor.

Disneyhead'71

What is this motorbike system I keep seeing pop-up? Anyone got an example?
http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amu...MotorBike+Coaster/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Vekoma-motorbike-launch-coaster.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom