docandsix

Beastly Kingdom is never coming. Neither is Mysterious Island... not with this corporate culture. If it isn't tied to a franchise in some way it isn't going in. Go ahead and pine away... ya'll are wasting your energy.

Ironic, in a way, since Countdown to Extinction was deliberately tied to one of Disney's most forgettable films of the past two decades. It didn't help the attraction, it didn't help the experience and I doubt it helped the merchandise sales. (They don't even pitch the DVD of that horrible movie in the post-show shop.)

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
An old friend/flight instructor was flying yesterday doing practice maneuvers with a student by DAK and told me there was quite a lot of movement going on the entire West side of the park. Looks like I need to get in the air!

What does this mean? Possibly nothing since he was on a practice flight with a student and wasn't looking specifically for construction, but still interesting.

Saw this on another fan site: "A complex of work trailers recently appeared behind Kidani Village at DAK Lodge–this is the forward operating base for the team of Imagineers working on Avatar". If you get up in the air, I would be interested to see pics of this.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Can I book a FP for a flight with @Scuttle ?! Cause MAAAAN. That'd be so awesome! :)

Saw this on another fan site: "A complex of work trailers recently appeared behind Kidani Village at DAK Lodge–this is the forward operating base for the team of Imagineers working on Avatar". If you get up in the air, I would be interested to see pics of this.

Yeah I saw that comment too.... I'm more interested in set pieces, but at this point anything is better than nothing ... right ? :\

Scuttle

Can I book a FP for a flight with @Scuttle ?! Cause MAAAAN. That'd be so awesome! :)

Yeah I saw that comment too.... I'm more interested in set pieces, but at this point anything is better than nothing ... right ? :\
You can reserve a 1 hour Window I cannot allow late arrivals although I allow a 15 minute late grace period, but reserve your slot early as slot windows go quick and could run out late in the day.

AEfx

Once Iger leaves we have a shot at some inside properties making it big into the parks, but until then we are screwed.

And we will have Iger to thank for keeping the film part of the company alive thanks to the billions that Marvel and Star Wars films will have made them.

Iger doesn't give a crap what theme of attraction is in the theme parks - he is all for putting in what (people tell him) will sell.

In fact, under Iger's direction we just got the one non-Pixar attraction based on a classic Disney film in forever - TLM.

And, now, Star Wars and Marvel are Disney - I couldn't care less about Avatar, and I think the whole deal was silly and reactionary, but that's the only head-scratcher. When Disney has been pushing out garbage like John Carter and Lone Ranger (and losing 100's and 100's of millions of dollars), Marvel and Star Wars get and are going to get, respectively, more dollars for Disney in such abundance that's going to make even Pixar blush.

It doesn't matter what company the person who originated an idea came from - and to be honest, Comic Book heroes and the Star Wars saga are the myths and morality tales of our day, and much more in the spirit of the types of things the Disney company used to make, as opposed to high-concept but ultimately repetitive nature of the Pixar films, which are really the only consistently big thing Disney has going these days.

AEfx

My top preference for AK would have been adding a continent - Australia or South America.

Unfortunately Beastly Kingdom's time came and went. Now that Uni has Potter and all of its mythical beasts it would look derivative for AK to build BK, no matter who had the idea first.

There is so much empty space in the existing lands, that I just don't see the need for any additional ones until they flesh out the ones they already have. You already can walk for quite a few minutes in the park without seeing any type of attraction - yes, I know it's really pretty, but people don't come across country to spend thousands of bucks to visit pretty.

erasure fan1

yes, I know it's really pretty, but people don't come across country to spend thousands of bucks to visit pretty.
Amen to that! Personally I don't want more expansion in any of the parks, just flesh out what you have already like you said.

Maybe they'll give us Duffyland :eek:
Now that it top shelf thinking! I might just have to plan my entire vacation around such awesomeness!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure if it is ground breaking but I had an interesting weekend. Spoke with someone intimately involved with the project. Avatar is 100% on schedule....And your hearing this from a anti-avatar land person.

Any idea when we could see a ground breaking? Any info on potential rides or attractions?

bubbles1812

Not sure if it is ground breaking but I had an interesting weekend. Spoke with someone intimately involved with the project. Avatar is 100% on schedule....And your hearing this from a anti-avatar land person.
What exactly does "on schedule" mean though? On schedule could mean, "hey we finally have a blue print finalized" or "we will be ground breaking next week" or "it'll be ready by the end of the decade and we're no where close to bringing in the cranes." Just asking for some clarification. On schedule is a pretty vague term for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom