John

What exactly does "on schedule" mean though? On schedule could mean, "hey we finally have a blue print finalized" or "we will be ground breaking next week" or "it'll be ready by the end of the decade and we're no where close to bringing in the cranes." Just asking for some clarification. On schedule is a pretty vague term for Disney.

Yes I agree, what I was told it was to be open in a "couple years" I mentioned that FOLK hasn't moved yet and was told that it wont be to long for that to happen. I know its very in descript. As soon as the person I was talking to realized I wasn't asking just general questions and that I might know what I was talking about she clamed up a bit. Smiled and started giving me general answers. She was an engineer working directly on the project.

John

She was real pleasant and surprisingly forth coming at first.....then when she sensed that I wasnt just a casual fan she toughened a bit. At first she acted like it was simply common knowledge that everyone knew there was going to be an Avatar Land.

IMO....and some others that because of the lack of progress there was concern about the project.....not to mention the recent Star Wars acquisition. That reminds me....I did ask about SW..... I asked if Star Wars was green lit. That is when she realized she wasn't messing with just a novice. she said " I cant tell you"....which again if you try and read between the lines.....to me that is a yes.

John

She was real pleasant and surprisingly forth coming at first.....then when she sensed that I wasnt just a casual fan she toughened a bit. At first she acted like it was simply common knowledge that everyone knew there was going to be an Avatar Land.

IMO....and some others that because of the lack of progress there was concern about the project.....not to mention the recent Star Wars acquisition. That reminds me....I did ask about SW..... I asked if Star Wars was green lit. That is when she realized she wasn't messing with just a novice. she said " I cant tell you"....which again if you try and read between the lines.....to me that is a yes.

One last thing....although much of this info might not be a surprise or of somewhat little substance. It is 100% irrefutable information. Take it for what ever worth you give it.

John

I think the biggest question now is when, not if. Actually the biggest question is what exactly is Avatarland and/or StarWarsLand. A true land or a ride with a meet and greet and a restaurant?

Don't worry, when I get a second chance I am going to see how many ways I can ask these questions. This conversation took place just happen stance. Didn't have a lot of time. The next time I get the chance I will have much more time. Thing is she will be more prepared in what she will be asked. I kind of bushwacked her. She was caught off guard a little.

MOXOMUMD

Don't worry, when I get a second chance I am going to see how many ways I can ask these questions. This conversation took place just happen stance. Didn't have a lot of time. The next time I get the chance I will have much more time. Thing is she will be more prepared in what she will be asked. I kind of bushwacked her. She was caught off guard a little.
Next time....flowers and candy. :) See if that helps.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Aaaand you didn't take her to dinner and treat her to a bottle of a wine (with blank paper and pen attached) whhyyy? :)

Interesting information. I wonder what's on schedule for the land.

Seabasealpha1

Okie Doke,

So, I'm sure someone has made this comment SOMEWHERE on these forums...but I guess I'll throw this out...and maybe this should be put in the DAK night show thread somewhere?

I just sat down with the DVD copy of AVATAR and watched the whole thing through. You know, it's not a horrible film. I think if they really put their neck out and REALLY develop this section of the park, it'll be awesome. If they cheap out...well...we all know how that goes...the theme does fit well..and it is honestly NOT a complete re-tell of Pocohontas or even closer...Fern Gully...

So, here's my two cents based on watching the film...and how this entry I'm making factors into the night show topic...

It would seem that if they want this thing to really pay off, there will HAVE to be longer park hours running into the night. A lot of the movie's visual appeal is the glowing fluorescence of the jungles and life at night...so, I'd have to wager that they WILL have a night show of some kind. Otherwise, we're looking at ten foot tall Na'vi and a whole lotta plants...and not too much else...maybe some Dire Horses and a banshee or two (which will NOT kill the desire for dragons at the park.) in the jungles.

IF I've just stated the obvious or someone else has hit on this...please forgive...just an observation I made...seems inevitable to me that there will be SOMETHING...if the Avatar thing ever gets OFF the ground.

Fox&Hound

I want the soarin type ride to be on the back of her dragon thing from the movie. Take to the skies riding the back of that beast. My hope is that even if you did not enjoy the movie you will like the experience. I am all about more rides and experiences at AK which is pretty lacking IMHO. Maybe a dark boat ride as some have thought and a soarin type ride. yup. Add mystic manor, a night time show of some sort, and some cool dining experiences and I will be happy. Hope something happens. If Disney would tackle AK and HS and put a ton of money into both we would be in such a better place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom