ChrisFL

Premium Member
I visited Pandora last night. First, Flight of Passage is AMAZING, top notch, really stellar.

Second, the biolumiescent stuff is nice. I did notice that a lot of the alien plants and stuff reminded me ET's planet on ET Adventure. I also got a Final Fantasy vibe from some of the creatures as well, especially the huge plant thing out in the front.

Prototype82

So are the scientists who were present for the media event opposed to show up in the land at some point?
They are there. You just have to ask around. Some are more learned than others. They will give you a special Na'vi Language card if you interact with them too. I got to hear a whole story about the stingbats that live up in the mountains and how they were the Banshees' food source. I was like: "That's kinda cool and cute but you don't actually get to see stingbats." And then I stood in line and spotted the cave and sure enough I found the lil guys. They are so in character. You just have to interact. :)

Sped2424

I visited today for the first time and found a few things here and there. Banshees were in stock but only in Blue variations so they aren't going to be gone for weeks but rather touch and go until supply catches up (I bought a blue one). Overall the nighttime lighting is spectacular don't let poor quality photos fool you as they don't do the land any justice not to mention the sheer volume of things that light up. You can't turn a corner and not see at least some aspect of the land that isn't glowing. But by far my favorite thing about avatar land is that despite it being june, the land being brand new, and crowds being horrible I could still find 10 relaxing spots almost undisturbed by guest flow. These little quiet nooks all had something that was glowing and right in your face to observe too. It really is a knock out and I couldn't recommend it more.

RSoxNo1

Just checked the app, 60 minutes for Flight of Passage, 75 for Na'vi River Journey. I would expect Na'vi River Journey to settle down but 60 minutes for Flight of Passage is nearing the point of concern that the land may not be drawing big enough crowds.

Cosmic Commando

Just checked the app, 60 minutes for Flight of Passage, 75 for Na'vi River Journey. I would expect Na'vi River Journey to settle down but 60 minutes for Flight of Passage is nearing the point of concern that the land may not be drawing big enough crowds.
Now I see 160. I think there are just going to be fluky little things like that. The land would have to be actively driving people away to consistently keep a ride that is new and most everyone agrees is one of the best in Orlando down to only 60 minutes in the summer. I think Disney is seeing the real measuring tape in their spreadsheets.

dreamscometrue

I certainly wouldn't worry about that. As you know, there have been lots of long wait times as of late for FoP, and like any attraction, wait times greatly fluctuate. Plus, I'm sure Disney is aware that it is not Star Wars Land or Diagon Alley, in terms of being a draw. I'm sure it'll do 2 things...increase annual crowds overall at DAK, and result in longer visits to DAK for many, where they may spend more on food and merchandise.

cjkeating

FOP is now 105 and NRJ is 65, FOP has the highest queue in all of WDW.

Edit: I think the weather must be bad as all outdoor rides are closed.

BrianLo

You swung rapidly from calling it a capacity disaster a week or so ago.

I rechecked and it's sitting at 75 minutes. For context it's the third longest wait on property next to FEA's 95 min and SDMT's 80. It would seem not all that busy at the moment at the parks. Hope next Sunday stays the same!

Sped2424

You know it's been thunder storming here all day which empties any park like nothing. Wait times were 100 minutes for both attractions on Friday when I went.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Another rainy day in Orlando...

upload_2017-6-11_19-38-29.png

RSoxNo1

You swung rapidly from calling it a capacity disaster a week or so ago.

I rechecked and it's sitting at 75 minutes. For context it's the third longest wait on property next to FEA's 95 min and SDMT's 80. It would seem not all that busy at the moment at the parks. Hope next Sunday stays the same!
Yes, I did. We'll see how it ultimately settles down, but I may have to make a mea culpa. If FoP settles into the Soarin' territory and NRJ settles into Winnie the Pooh territory for wait times, then I think they're good.

CTXRover

No need for concern ;)

Just checked, FOP at 220 min and NRJ at 90 min.

Sunday just seemed to be a slower day at all the parks for one reason or another (probably rain).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom