twebber55

C6XKvu6UwAEbOMd.jpg

i get the sense that this dessert is like a greek canoli
looks awesome

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Heard back from Disney Media Relations. The drinks are not bioluminescent.

likely glowing ice cubes or bottom of the drink with encased led light... nothing they don't do elsewhere... just may be calling it this for marketing sake

Talked to a manager at Tiffins today who also confirmed not real bioluminescent or phoshorescent or black light glow-in-the-dark. Just an LED hidden in the cube or glass.

180º

For all the hubbub about Disney being incapable of building high capacity rides anymore...

Flights of Passage actually has a huge capacity.
"Huge" conflicts with most other reports, which have estimated a low-to-mid 2000s THRC. Which would be respectable, but not huge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"Huge" conflicts with most other reports, which have estimated a low-to-mid 2000s THRC. Which would be respectable, but not huge.

Here is my calculation:

1 person per banshee * 8 banshees per section * 6 sections per theater * 4 theaters = 384 riders. So if they can mange a 7 minute cycle time that would be 1645 riders per hour. A 10 minute cycle time would get you to 1152 per hour.

gorillaball

Here is my calculation:

1 person per banshee * 8 banshees per section * 6 sections per theater * 4 theaters = 384 riders. So if they can mange a 7 minute cycle time that would be 1645 riders per hour. A 10 minute cycle time would get you to 1152 per hour.

That's what I remember seeing calculated, which I guess I don't consider huge. 1645 being basically equal to 7 Dwarfs and 1152 being basically equal to Splash or Test Track (from other unconfirmed reports I've read)

doctornick

Yeah, "huge" seems unlikely, but if they can (and generally do) fit 2 people per banshee, then maybe we are talking about them getting into the 2500-3000 range which would be pretty substantial. If someone wants to call that "huge", I think you could defend it.

Of course, the film could also be relatively short leading to a smaller cycle time.

BrianLo

Here is my calculation:

X2

Huge may have been a slightly aggressive word, but generous is correct, even if they take their sweet time it will break 2k. Which is way better than pretty much anything stateside for well over a decade.

For animal kingdom's guest volumes and with a height restriction it will be 'huge'.

CTXRover

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...orld-of-avatar/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20170308214500

4 shows to provide sneak peaks about Pandora on ABC tomorrow:

"The day of sneak peeks kicks off with “Good Morning America,” where viewers are introduced to Pandora – The World of Avatar including a first look at the thrilling attraction, Avatar Flight of Passage. After that, viewers can tune in to “The View,” where James Cameron will take Whoopi Goldberg into the immersive new land, including a look at the Na’vi River Journey. Rounding out the daytime segments, the hosts of “The Chew,” true to their culinary stylings, will introduce viewers to the Lumpia, a unique and delicious snack found on Pandora. Later that night “Nightline” will offer an in-depth look at Pandora – The World of Avatar in a unique segment inspired by the stories of the land."

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...orld-of-avatar/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20170308214500

4 shows will show off more about Pandora on ABC tomorrow:

"The day of sneak peeks kicks off with “Good Morning America,” where viewers are introduced to Pandora – The World of Avatar including a first look at the thrilling attraction, Avatar Flight of Passage. After that, viewers can tune in to “The View,” where James Cameron will take Whoopi Goldberg into the immersive new land, including a look at the Na’vi River Journey. Rounding out the daytime segments, the hosts of “The Chew,” true to their culinary stylings, will introduce viewers to the Lumpia, a unique and delicious snack found on Pandora. Later that night “Nightline” will offer an in-depth look at Pandora – The World of Avatar in a unique segment inspired by the stories of the land."

I am wondering how much they will reveal about the rides tomorrow.

Goingdown13

That's what I remember seeing calculated, which I guess I don't consider huge. 1645 being basically equal to 7 Dwarfs and 1152 being basically equal to Splash or Test Track (from other unconfirmed reports I've read)

You're high on 7 dwarfs. Gringotts does about 1600 an hour if they're moving quick. Most rides that aren't omnimovers actually hit between the 1200-1700 margin when you factor in safety checks that never go as quickly as the ride will allow dispatches. Too many things hinder that such as people fumbling with all of their stuff, getting their children in the restraints, etc. Theoretical capacity is usually pretty high but never usually attained in the real world, because of safety checks..... and tourists.

Alektronic

Yeah, "huge" seems unlikely, but if they can (and generally do) fit 2 people per banshee, then maybe we are talking about them getting into the 2500-3000 range which would be pretty substantial. If someone wants to call that "huge", I think you could defend it.

Of course, the film could also be relatively short leading to a smaller cycle time.

It is only one guest per banshee, but loading and unloading guests will take more time, especially with guests trying to fiddle with the restraint system, and properly stowing their gear on the storage shelves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom