Siren

If you watched the movie, you would see that there is a HUGE point to them having tails. That is how they interact with the environment around them. It's how they "plug in" and control the horses and banshees that they ride during the film. It's how they get "sent to the great beyond" when connecting with the great tree. So the tails are one of the most important part of them.
Thank you, @DisneyRoy. I have tried to watch Avatar since 2011 when Avatarland was first announced. Like, I even sat Indian style (like in Kindergarten or Yoga) right in front of the TV to watch this -- when I sit in this position I do not move. I am pretty much committed to watching the entire film.

I just don't know what it is with Avatar, but I didn't even last long enough to really see Pandora. I will just have to wait for the sequel, and maybe it will prompt me to go back and watch Avatar.

Also, registered domain names for the each of the Avatar sequels have been recently acquired, according to this article.
"AvatarThree.com" and "AvatarFour.com" from third parties. Later on, it also registered the domain names, "Avatar2TheMovie.com," "AvatarThreeMovie.com," "AvatarFour.com," "AvatarFourMovie.com" and "AvatarTwoMovie.com."

The first two domains were registered to a third party last year and in 2013, respectively. However, both expired and dropped. The report notes that the domain name, "AvatarTwo.com" is owned by a third party in Massachusetts and was registered in 2014.

Per Hofmag, MarkMonitor.com establishes and protects the online presence of a business or Intellectual property. It is expected that "Avatar 2" and the rest of the sequels will be promoted online. Thus, there is a need to establish security.

I think James Cameron might attempt to beat Avatar's global record by bundling all of the sequels into a single package deal. Like, all four movies for one price with special granted access to early previews or something exclusive like that. I don't know.
Their connection to other animals on Pandora comes from hair like structures that grow out of the back of their skull. It is known as their "neural queue".

The tail that comes out of the base of their spine is just a tail.
I don't watch much TV at all, but I happened to be flipping channels and caught the end of Avatar on FX, I think.

Anyway, I caught the part with all of the Navi's under the tree with Sigourney Weaver and they were putting these glowing fiber strands into the back of her neck. And, then I suddenly started to feel nauseous, so I turned it.

But, thanks for clarifying what that was, it's just way too freaky for me. LOL.

lmao, man someone has an agenda against the Navi...
Awww, don't say that, lol. I totally *love* the Navi, they're so kind and peaceful and they adore their planet. They just need better clothes.

Reminds me of that Lincoln head they showed off at D23 a few years back, though it seems like the Navi head has more fluid movement. Impressive!

The Lincoln head has 16 facial functions. In a comment from James Cameron a while back, he mentions he "thinks they're up to about 64 axes in the face alone" for the Navi. Not sure, but that actually could be plausible. At the very least the Navi's movement is FAR smoother. And we've only seen a single eye and the surrounding cheek/forehead, we've not even seen the nose or mouth move yet. Let alone the body (assuming they've also made improvements over other AA's there as well).

Previously the most advanced humanoid animatronics were A100's I believe. The Wicked Witch in GMR was the first A100 in a Disney attraction and that was over 25 years ago (there are now a number of A100's in the parks, but they're said to be extremely expensive). It's pretty clear that this Navi figure is going to be a step far above prior A100's, so i'm guessing it's also extremely expensive. Though i'm curious as to whether these Navi AA's are still based on A100 designs, or something completely new and different. I'm also curious as to whether the bodies have more axes of motion as well as the face.
Wow, he looks so real, it's scary.

Let's be honest though...I'm sure the imagineers aren't running around sculpting molds of certain (ahem) "parts" that would be inappropriate for families to see...under the covers of "certain areas" will probably be nothing...it's probably going to be closer to Barbie/Ken in terms of anatomy...

Really, it's a non-issue. Not that some level of thought hasn't crossed my own mind, but I'm seriously not worried about anything to do with "anatomy".
I just don't want to see their tails from the back, it's so unsightly. Seeing their tails from the front is okay, though. LOL.

And, I'm still super excited about Avatarland, everything is coming together so beautifully.

JohnWD

Thank you, @DisneyRoy. I have tried to watch Avatar since 2011 when Avatarland was first announced. Like, I even sat Indian style (like in Kindergarten or Yoga) right in front of the TV to watch this -- when I sit in this position I do not move. I am pretty much committed to watching the entire film.

I just don't know what it is with Avatar, but I didn't even last long enough to really see Pandora. I will just have to wait for the sequel, and maybe it will prompt me to go back and watch Avatar.

When the movie Avatar came out, I had no interest in seeing it. When Disney announced Avatar Land, I bought the 3D bur-ray and watched it on my 3D TV. I really enjoyed it! Maybe if you could see it in 3D you would like it too.

Last edited:

Siren

When the movie America out, I had no interest in seeing it. When Disney announced Avatar Land, I bought the 3D bur-ray and watched it on my 3D TV. I really enjoyed it! Maybe if you could see it in 3D you would like it too.
That's a really good idea. I do have a 3D TV and 3D Blu-Ray but I have never used any of the 3D aspects. And, I don't own a single 3D blu ray, either. LOL.

Also, I watched all of the night activities at AK this evening. And, everything looked so gorgeous but it is obvious that Avatarland is going to be the real star of the night.

Pandora and Rivers of Light are *crucial* to the overall success of the AK night experience, these two experiences will tie everything else together beautifully.

HauntedMansionFLA

That's a really good idea. I do have a 3D TV and 3D Blu-Ray but I have never used any of the 3D aspects. And, I don't own a single 3D blu ray, either. LOL.

Also, I watched all of the night activities at AK this evening. And, everything looked so gorgeous but it is obvious that Avatarland is going to be the real star of the night.

Pandora and Rivers of Light are *crucial* to the overall success of the AK night experience, these two experiences will tie everything else together beautifully.
I love DAK at nighttime. You were lucky that you got to be there tonight.

Siren

I love DAK at nighttime. You were lucky that you got to be there tonight.
No Darth, I was not lucky at all because I was *not* there tonight. But, I felt like I was there. So, does that count? I just watched the youtube videos and read some reviews online tonight. That was more than enough.

Anyway, look at what I just found.

Owner name: DISNEY ENTERPRISES, INC., CALIFORNIA
Free format text: ASSIGNMENT OF ASSIGNORS INTEREST;ASSIGNORS:pOUPYREV, IVAN;SCHOESSLER, PHILIPP;ROHDE, JOSEPH MARTIN;AND OTHERS;SIGNING DATES FROM 20130311 TO 20130315;REEL/FRAME:030032/0164

20shclz.png

24y00a0.png

345cu1d.png

20sgdjm.jpg

This has to be a patent for the interactive plants and flowers for Avatarland. Pandora is going to be so amazing and beautiful!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This has to be a patent for the interactive plants and flowers for Avatarland. Pandora is going to be so amazing and beautiful!

This could be for Avatar, but we don't know for sure. It's not unusual to see Disney files patents for things that never make it into the parks. The big problem I see with this in a theme park environment is how well the plants will hold up if they are constantly being touched by guests.

JohnWD

This could be for Avatar, but we don't know for sure. It's not unusual to see Disney files patents for things that never make it into the parks. The big problem I see with this in a theme park environment is how well the plants will hold up if they are constantly being touched by guests.
And there are probably 10+ other big problems you don't see! All we'll ever know is the result - in the park or not, and months to years later their maintainability.

KingOfEpicocity

They know that too. I'm sure they're working on that as we speak. Same problem with the interactive queue elements that get battered every day.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They know that too. I'm sure they're working on that as we speak. Same problem with the interactive queue elements that get battered every day.

With an interactive queue you can select materials that can hold up to the wear and tare, but you can't do that with a natural living thing. I could definitely see them doing interactive luminescent artificial plants, but that's not what this patent is for.

Siren

I am already thinking about what I want to wear to Avatarland. I swear Gucci has this Tropical Print that is made for Pandora at night. They even utilized this print for Men, so cute couples can match in Gucci!
mct8jr.jpg

This is the Gucci backpack for Men.

22i24i.jpg

The matching Gucci Mens Sneakers. There is a matching Men's hoodie with this print, too.

1zzozp.jpg

120htky.jpg

zsu2q9.jpg

And both the wristlet and handbag for me.

33etnko.jpg

However, I like this Louis Vuitton Neverfull, more. I think I will have to do a day & night look. I'll commando tour during the day with the Louis Vuitton and then rock Gucci at night to match the gorgeous world of Pandora. Yeah.
I see your point. But, the picture also has a cell phone and magic band -- so maybe guests can utilize one of those gadgets to interact with the plants.

With an interactive queue you can select materials that can hold up to the wear and tare, but you can't do that with a natural living thing. I could definitely see them doing interactive luminescent artificial plants, but that's not what this patent is for.
Well, that definitely changes things. I didn't know this was for real plants! That seems impossible or at least, impractical.

JohnWD

I am already thinking about what I want to wear to Avatarland. I swear Gucci has this Tropical Print that is made for Pandora at night. They even utilized this print for Men, so cute couples can match in Gucci!
mct8jr.jpg

This is the Gucci backpack for Men.

22i24i.jpg

The matching Gucci Mens Sneakers. There is a matching Men's hoodie with this print, too.

1zzozp.jpg

120htky.jpg

zsu2q9.jpg

And both the wristlet and handbag for me.

33etnko.jpg

However, I like this Louis Vuitton Neverfull, more. I think I will have to do a day & night look. I'll commando tour during the day with the Louis Vuitton and then rock Gucci at night to match the gorgeous world of Pandora. Yeah.
I see your point. But, the picture also has a cell phone and magic band -- so maybe guests can utilize one of those gadgets to interact with the plants.
If Disney required guests to wear Gucci apparel that would certainly reduce the lines!

KikoKea

So...are there only 2 attractions planned- the Soarin' type of ride and a water ride? If so, I know the area will be lovely in itself, but seems that there should be at least 3 attractions.

KikoKea

Two rides, but we don't know what other type of "attractions" there might be. Like Carsland and Diagon Alley, the land itself should be attraction.
I'm hoping for a couple of eating places with nice themes and views, at least. I'm thinking the place will be beautiful at night so that will certainly be an attraction. Maybe there's be benches so we can sit and enjoy.

Siren

Um, no -- bags are *not* a waste they are an essential necessity. Also, I didn't suggest that cute couples wear the Gucci Tropical print *literally* like all matchy matchy and stuff -- that's totally beyond tacky.

However, if the guy carries the backpack only and the girl only carries the purse or if he wears the sneakers and she carries the bag that will look amazing -- just one piece of the print will suffice because the print is loud and eye catching -- but also compliments the atmosphere and environment of Avatarland perfectly.
If Disney required guests to wear Gucci apparel that would certainly reduce the lines!
LOL! This is too funny. @JohnWD, I'm sure you would look amazing with that backpack!

Getting back on topic. Here is what I discovered about the Na'vi River Journey.

"Pandora – The World of AVATAR will bring a variety of new experiences to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, including a family-friendly attraction called Na’vi River Journey. The adventure begins as guests set out in canoes and venture down a mysterious,
sacred river hidden within the bioluminescent rainforest.

The full beauty of Pandora reveals itself as the canoes pass by exotic glowing plants and amazing creatures. The journey culminates in an encounter with a Na’vi shaman, who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora and sends positive energy out into the forest through her music. Na’vi River Journey will open with Pandora – The World of AVATAR in 2017. Disney’s Animal Kingdom is one of four theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Disney)"

Initially, I was hoping for a drop or some kind of thrill element for the boat ride but after reading this -- I don't expect a drop or anything thrilling, anymore.

The boat ride is said to be more in tune with Living with The Land instead of Pirates or Splash Mountain. Which is fine because I *love* Living with The Land just as much as Soarin'.

Then, I found this on the Flight of Passage ride.

"The vessels that guests will ride upon will essentially be the banshees themselves, with bodies that move to mimic a breathing beast. The flying sequences will be brought to life through large video screens — similar to “Soarin'” — with vehicles moving with the 3D action inside a massive theater.

While Disney and “Avatar” franchise creator and director James Cameron and producer Jon Landau already had announced that “Avatar” land would include the flying attraction, Iger excitedly provided a better glimpse of the experience, describing how he had to scale scaffolding in order to try out the ride for the first time."

It appears that Iger has already tried out this ride. It is amazing how Disney has been able to keep all of this under lock & key. But, I am happy about that.

Anyway, the floating mountains look so amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of Avatarland.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Many 3D TVs have a 3D mode that will apply 3D effects to anything on the screen regardless of source. It is not as quite as good as native 3D, but it will give you a pretty good idea.

Prototype82

Some things deserve money....good cigars.....fast cars.....strong drinks....nice rifles....but bags no thats a waste.
Functional fashion is no waste, my friend. Look at Haunted Mansion Dooney and Burke. Dayum cool. I'm hoping for some really unique merchandise. I liked the ideas above. The vibe of 'Avatar' without slapping the name on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom