brb1006

We did evening EMH a few years back when they offered it at this park. DAK takes on a totally different vide in the evening ( in a good way). Add all of the new activities they are putting in this year and it gives the MK a run for its money. Avatar was on the other night and I hope they can bring it too life like it was in the movie. I wonder if you could see Pandora lite up at night from AKL? Time will tell. But exciting times.
I'm sure that will happen, I can already imagine seeing the blue colors of Avatarland as your leaving or entering AK as sunsets.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"The ANSI standard for the portable restroom industry is 1 portable toilet per 10 workers per 40-hour work week when serviced one time per week."
Completely off topic, but does that standard apply to office workers as well? We have a real shortage of available stalls at work and I know the ratio is more than 10 workers to 1 stall. Things get a bit dicey around 10am when everyone's morning coffee starts kicking in and don't get me started about taco day in the cafeteria;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Completely off topic, but does that standard apply to office workers as well? We have a real shortage of available stalls at work and I know the ratio is more than 10 workers to 1 stall. Things get a bit dicey around 10am when everyone's morning coffee starts kicking in and don't get me started about taco day in the cafeteria;)

I don't know what the actual numbers are for offices, but the building code normally specifies the ratio needed.

CastleBound

Especially after River Of Light debuts next month along with other nightime activities. I'm always wondered what AK would look as a nighttime park since I remember some guests would only stay until the afternoon. But with the announcement of River Of Light coming this year at Avatarland in 2017 it's going to be a very interesting experience for the visitors.
Yea, its going to be awesome at night! I can't wait. I was actually discussing a friends trip planning with them and we brought up DAK and I forgot that by the time they go, the park will no longer be a daytime affair. I can't wait to see what they have planned to make Avatar come to life at night.

hpyhnt 1000

I posted this in the RoL thread but it's pretty relevant here too with the night conversation:

Another thought on all this is Avatarland and what that area could be like at night. Given the bioluminescence and how that is being incorporated around the entire land, perhaps there could be "light" shows that take place across the land a few times each night? I'm thinking something similar to Pixie Hollow at Disneyland (but on a scale of the entire land):

If something like that happens, all of a sudden you have 5(!) distinct nighttime entertainment options: 2 dance/music areas, ToL Awakenings, and the Avatarland bioluminescence show(s), with Rivers of Light being the headliner.

With that much going on, that can reduce pressure on RoL because it's not the "only" nighttime show.

Sped2424

I posted this in the RoL thread but it's pretty relevant here too with the night conversation:

Another thought on all this is Avatarland and what that area could be like at night. Given the bioluminescence and how that is being incorporated around the entire land, perhaps there could be "light" shows that take place across the land a few times each night? I'm thinking something similar to Pixie Hollow at Disneyland (but on a scale of the entire land):

If something like that happens, all of a sudden you have 5(!) distinct nighttime entertainment options: 2 dance/music areas, ToL Awakenings, and the Avatarland bioluminescence show(s), with Rivers of Light being the headliner.

With that much going on, that can reduce pressure on RoL because it's not the "only" nighttime show.

tumblr_nki51dib311s0c4z4o2_500.gif

tumblr_nki51dib311s0c4z4o1_500.gif

More like this ^ Given the interactivity of it this all seems really cool.

twebber55

I was just thinking that Avatar land during the day would be lame, except if they keep it very shaded.
'Very shaded' :happy: hmm... that would make Avatar land the best place to be in the heat of a normal Florida summer afternoon.
apparently those gigantic floating mtns will provide some shade

CastleBound

I was just thinking that Avatar land during the day would be lame, except if they keep it very shaded.
'Very shaded' :happy: hmm... that would make Avatar land the best place to be in the heat of a normal Florida summer afternoon.
You're right, it may not be the experience we are looking for during the day. We know it will come to life at night, but I wonder how many standard guests will plan their visit to that park around the night. I think there will be a learning curve, but once people realize the nighttime offers for that park, it'll be pretty crowded. I hope it's not lame during the day, I really like seeing that park in the sun, even though it's very hot.

Brian Swan

You're right, it may not be the experience we are looking for during the day. We know it will come to life at night, but I wonder how many standard guests will plan their visit to that park around the night. I think there will be a learning curve, but once people realize the nighttime offers for that park, it'll be pretty crowded. I hope it's not lame during the day, I really like seeing that park in the sun, even though it's very hot.
Just looking at the construction photos, I seriously doubt it will be anything close to "lame" - even in the daytime. No doubt it will be more amazing at night, but the rockwork, roots, waterfalls, and other details I suspect will be amazing. Kind of like Carsland; it's great during the day, but really come to life at night with all of the neon lights.

CastleBound

Just looking at the construction photos, I seriously doubt it will be anything close to "lame" - even in the daytime. No doubt it will be more amazing at night, but the rockwork, roots, waterfalls, and other details I suspect will be amazing. Kind of like Carsland; it's great during the day, but really come to life at night with all of the neon lights.
Exactly... I in no way think it will be lame, but I do think the experience we are all hoping for is going to be set at night. Daytime will give us tons to look at, but in terms of planning your trip to this park (if you don't have time for a full day or 2 visits) you may want to plan around visiting at night and skip the day visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom