Mike S

image4%2B%25281%2529.JPG

I ve had this debate about when i see it next year would i want to see it first at night or during the day
I cannot wait for this to open.

A foolish mortal

image4%2B%25281%2529.JPG

I ve had this debate about when i see it next year would i want to see it first at night or during the day
You should see it during the day first. Why? Because it will be awesome. Then when you see it at night it will be even better than awesome ! If you go the other way around you might feel like daytime isnt as impressive as nightime...if that makes sense ;) thats what ill do: day then explore at night

CastleBound

You should see it during the day first. Why? Because it will be awesome. Then when you see it at night it will be even better than awesome ! If you go the other way around you might feel like daytime isnt as impressive as nightime...if that makes sense ;) thats what ill do: day then explore at night

probably the best way to view it, assuming people have time to view it in a full day or at separate times. I mentioned a learning curve in another post, I think many will have to figure out that they'll need to come to this park for much longer than they are used to.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well perhaps the sequels will be able to finally create something even remotely like a Avatar "cult", because so far the pop cultural impact and footprint of the first (and so far still only) movie was and is near zero, especially compared to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or some of the Disney Franchises like PotC or Cars.

jmmc

Despite my belief that Disney mistakenly (and maybe understandably) chose the wrong franchise simply because Cameron didn't strike while the iron was hot with more sequels sooner, I do think it's possible it will be a cool land/attraction. But all that said, has Cameron lost his mind? Four MORE movies? Just see if you can make a good sequel.

JohnWD

Despite my belief that Disney mistakenly (and maybe understandably) chose the wrong franchise simply because Cameron didn't strike while the iron was hot with more sequels sooner, I do think it's possible it will be a cool land/attraction. But all that said, has Cameron lost his mind? Four MORE movies? Just see if you can make a good sequel.
Why so much doubt? He has been very successful, so I am expectantly waiting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why so much doubt? He has been very successful, so I am expectantly waiting.

He was often successful in the past because he took all the time and spent all the money you wanted to, to get the movies done the way he wanted them. That's not going to work if there are looking to release three movies one year appart.

JohnWD

He was often successful in the past because he took all the time and spent all the money you wanted to, to get the movies done the way he wanted them. That's not going to work if there are looking to release three movies one year appart.
That is definitely his MO. I am envisioning something along the lines of the LoTR and HP movies, where the sets and the actors are used in all the movies. This idea fits with the first sequel being pushed out one year, and the subsequent sequels coming more quickly. My speculation of course, but I am optimistic.

Timothy_Q

They're 2 years apart from each other. Also, he's doing the pre-production for all these movies right now, so there won't be any rush between movies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They're 2 years apart from each other. Also, he's doing the pre-production for all these movies right now, so there won't be any rush between movies.

I thought I saw them a year apart somewhere, but you are right, it's 2 years between movies. I am still skeptical that they will all get made.

mp2bill

That is definitely his MO. I am envisioning something along the lines of the LoTR and HP movies, where the sets and the actors are used in all the movies. This idea fits with the first sequel being pushed out one year, and the subsequent sequels coming more quickly. My speculation of course, but I am optimistic.
This is exactly the case. There has been so much time between movie 1 and movie 2 because they've been writing scripts,refining them, casting, building perfect sets, etc. That's the perfectionist in Cameron. But now that everything is in place, they can do them more quickly.

I think (now this is me speculating :)) they made the first movie and just thought that was going to be it. I think it was so popular and Disney approached them with a deal, so they decided to make three more movies to really draw out the interest. Then, I think they found out that the third (new) movie would be way too long to wrap everything up, so now it's four new movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom