Cesar R M

I don't think those are new bridges, I think they are just temporary dams put in place during construction.
aah I see.
I was confused, because if you look down where the Camp Mickey and Minnie bridge was.. there seems to be 2 consecutive rows of dirt. unsure if they're both dams as well.

jt04

Looking at this picture it does appear that the path to the south goes under the bridge. Maybe the plan to build a new bridge that crosses over the river between the lion king area and Avatar.

Looks like a walkway along the river to help with crowd flow. So possibly two options for walking between the lands. With the river path being the more direct. Just a guess.

Gomer

Haven't seen this posted yet, but there's an interesting article up on /film about Avatarland.
http://www.slashfilm.com/pandora-the-land-of-avatar-name/

It mentions some specifics on the level of sophistication of the Na'vi animatronics as well as mentioning the tentative name:
Pandora: The Land of Avatar

I was unaware of any confirmation on advanced animatronic work being done, so I see that as a positive. But I haven't been keeping up on the Avatarland news as much as I could be, so perhaps this old to some of you here.

Cesar R M

Haven't seen this posted yet, but there's an interesting article up on /film about Avatarland.
http://www.slashfilm.com/pandora-the-land-of-avatar-name/

It mentions some specifics on the level of sophistication of the Na'vi animatronics as well as mentioning the tentative name:
Pandora: The Land of Avatar

I was unaware of any confirmation on advanced animatronic work being done, so I see that as a positive. But I haven't been keeping up on the Avatarland news as much as I could be, so perhaps this old to some of you here.
Hope what they say is true (regarding animatronics..)
Something as big as Avatar, doesn't exactly deserve value engineering.

Last edited:

doctornick

We also need to remember that to Disney, almost anything is considered an attraction. I'm just hoping we get the two big rides we were "promised"

Yes, indeed, that Disney calls lots of things -- not just rides -- "attractions". And, yes, it's likely true that we'll have attractions like a Nav'i M&G and maybe a walk through (and, who knows, there might be some sort of show, though we've never seen any mentioned, so I doubt it).

That said, Cameron specifically said "There will be several rides and a number of other attractions." That means to me that he expects 2+ rides ("several") as well as other attractions that are not rides. What would fit the bill would be a slate like:

1. Soarin' over Pandora ride
2. Nav'i boat ride
3. Nav'i M&G
4. Animal walk through a la Maharajah Jungle Trek/Pangani Trail/Discovery Island Trails

I wouldn't be surprised if a well themed flat ride makes its way to the land as a way to increase capacity. Something more like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree than Triceratops Spin.

Last edited:

Beholder

I'm kind of surprised this didn't get more attention here. If this topic exists somewhere else, I apologize for my ignorance.

I'm pretty excited by Cameron's words, I have to admit. Advanced animatronics, multiple rides, and his enthusiasm about the scale and "immersion" of this "land". Sounds (so far) pretty good to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I was thinking, of all the new rides that have been built in the US parks recently, is this the first time that construction has actually started without there having been an actual announcement of what is being built?

NoChesterHester

No one wants to hear it, but it sounds like Pandora will open with one ride. One. Not multiple.

The definition of attraction will have to stretch pretty thin to have this be anything but a themed ride area. Not a land.

Kman101

I hope that we get more than just one ride, it just doesn't sound very promising at the moment.

I also think they'll probably combine the boat ride/walkthrough into one attraction. I hope I'm wrong and I'm just speculating of course, but to me it sounds like a possibility they'd consider.

Big mistake to not do the boat ride, IMO. I'd rather they do that instead of Soarin on a Banshee.

Cesar R M

So I was thinking, of all the new rides that have been built in the US parks recently, is this the first time that construction has actually started without there having been an actual announcement of what is being built?

No one wants to hear it, but it sounds like Pandora will open with one ride. One. Not multiple.

The definition of attraction will have to stretch pretty thin to have this be anything but a themed ride area. Not a land.

Maybe this is why the building started silently, with no fanfare or anything?
Aka the high probability, that only ONE ride will be operating on opening date.

Magenta Panther

I'd rather they do that instead of Soarin on a Banshee.

images

doctornick

I firmly believe that Cameron agreed to specific details of the project and Disney can't unilaterally trim things. I mean, they had a protracted negotiation about what was going into the land after it was announced and supposedly it was contentious about what would be included and how it would be done.

If Cameron says there is "multiple rides", I'll continue to believe there will be multiple rides. Maybe it will be opened in stages (which would be stupid, but that's besides the point) like the FLE but it won't be a Phase II that "might" happen. Just IMHO.

Sped2424

where was that confirmed, The interview with cameron is more recent than mice chats article stating only one ride was in the works. I would think he would have a good grasp on the situation.

Next Big Thing

I firmly believe that Cameron agreed to specific details of the project and Disney can't unilaterally trim things. I mean, they had a protracted negotiation about what was going into the land after it was announced and supposedly it was contentious about what would be included and how it would be done.

If Cameron says there is "multiple rides", I'll continue to believe there will be multiple rides. Maybe it will be opened in stages (which would be stupid, but that's besides the point) like the FLE but it won't be a Phase II that "might" happen. Just IMHO.
As do I. I highly doubt they can just cut something after all they went through to agree what would be going into the land. If they were to make any changes, I would have to think Cameron would need to be consulted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom