RSoxNo1

Or possibly a partnership with Landry's to retheme to Avatar?:shrug:

I had this thought as well. The other possibility I thought of was to put it on the other side and make it a T-Rex restaurant.

Exactly.

Remember, The Land pavilion covered six acres pre-Soarin' (don't know how many now). If Cameron was correct when he said 12 acres, it's entirely possible that 75-100% of the land is indoors.

Yeah, I think this is a strong possibility, effectively have separate "warehouses" all coming off a central hub.

djkidkaz

We discuss some specifics on this week's show with Jim Hill.

A few points:
  • Concept art exists (others have said this)
  • The plot that will be used is the plot south of Camp Minnie Mickey, but parts of Camp Minnie Mickey will remain in tact (Mainly Festival of the Lion King).
  • This may require removing Rainforest Cafe or simply moving it to the other side of the entrance.
  • Universal passed on Avatar

Really enjoyed the show!

skellington22

I had this thought as well. The other possibility I thought of was to put it on the other side and make it a T-Rex restaurant.

Yeah, I think this is a strong possibility, effectively have separate "warehouses" all coming off a central hub.

too much $.... domes are particularly expensive... the attractions might be enclosed but i highly doubt theyll enclose the whole land....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
too much $.... domes are particularly expensive... the attractions might be enclosed but i highly doubt theyll enclose the whole land....

Does not necessarily have to be a dome. There are some very large malls that are entirely enclosed, three and four stories tall. Disney could easily create pandora in that type of environment with forced perspective etc.

RSoxNo1

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

As for enclosing the entire building. That doesn't mean that all 11 acres are enclosed. Look at Soarin' for example - there is a long path to get to the attraction, this concept can be used for Pandora if need be.

Another thing I found interesting was that Jim was referring to the expansion as James Cameron's World of Avatar (Let me be the first to abbreviate it JCWoA). I really can't stand the branding that's so prevalent now a days. Pandora is a much better name, and I would really prefer that they use that instead.

NoChesterHester

As for enclosing the entire building. That doesn't mean that all 11 acres are enclosed. Look at Soarin' for example - there is a long path to get to the attraction, this concept can be used for Pandora if need be.

Another thing I found interesting was that Jim was referring to the expansion as James Cameron's World of Avatar (Let me be the first to abbreviate it JCWoA). I really can't stand the branding that's so prevalent now a days. Pandora is a much better name, and I would really prefer that they use that instead.

Who knows what it will be called 4-5 years from now, but I agree that the over branding is obnoxious.

I am curious as to what from the sequels give us. That may go some way in explaining how they will do some gift shops, restaurants, but most of all merchandise... Avatar-the T-shirt, Avatar-the Coloring Book, Avatar-the Lunch box, Avatar-the Breakfast Cereal, Avatar - the Flame Thrower (the kids love this one).

Good show. Enjoyed it.

skellington22

totally agree.... a sanctioned off Pandora... that a long bridge need be taken to get to. would be the best way to go... not avatarworld orrr land of avatar/navi or so on... just Pandora.... But im stilll curious on how would the incorporate disney/avatar in terms of merchandise ( I.E.) Indiana Jones, you can find merchandise with mickey dressed as indy... shirts,pins,etc and when in Pandora how will they make us feel like were STILL in disneyworld... (I.E.) you can find a "disney branded character" in every part of every park.... but will there be photo ops with a disney character in pandora? if so... will the Navi be incorporated??? SO many questions

misterID

It wouldn't have to be inside one giant dome. Like Rsox reiterated, I meant it could be a very large building connected to other buildings masked as mountains and/or a forest, imagine The Land (on a bigger scale) combined with Mysterious Island.

Atomicmickey

Actually, I'm pretty sure it will be called:

Pandora™: James™® Cameron's™ World of Avatar®™©, a Disney Parks™ Themed Environment Experience™®©

NoChesterHester

The more I think about it the more the "land" makes sense as a human research outpost on Pandora. The gift shops and dining could be right there. Attractions could be excursions into the wild.

All could be enclosed then with separate buildings -now no big single 12 acre enclosure required...

Bairstow

Actually, I'm pretty sure it will be called:

Pandora™: James™® Cameron's™ World of Avatar®™©, a Disney Parks™ Themed Environment Experience™®©

No good. Guests will not be interested in that attraction because the name lacks the word "adventure".

jayhawkmickey

I'm watching Avatar as I am typing this... With technology for video being as it is, I wonder if Disney will come up with a way for us, the guest, to have our own Avatar, in our image, like in the movie... The avatar of the Na'vi that the humans control resemble the person controlling it... Since Sony and Microsoft, with the Playstation Eye and what ever it isw Xbox uses, have cameras that can capture your image and put your imagine into certain video games, I wonder if this is technology Disney will use in this land and ride...

A dark ride like The Haunted Mansion would be great with this theme. Two or three people could enter a people mover, be "transformed" into your avatar with lights in and out of the car and theater smoke like POTC, and be transported to Pandora. After a ride through the movie you could pass by screens at the end and see your altered reflection projected on an avatar like the ghosts swapping heads in HM.

Alex21

I love these thoughts- so cool! And I agree, something similar to the Haunted House ride to help personalize things would be a fun feature. I can't wait to see what they do in the way of the lush forests.

po1998

Sorry...I haven't followed this thread closely...

Has TDO released any dates as to when more detail on this project will be announced?

ulto22

Crazy idea, but could a virtual reality style attraction (like at DisneyQuest) work with Pandora? People could be put into "Their" avatars.

Virtual Reality technology has increased greatly since the last system was put in place in Disney. 3d and virtual reality headset could make an interesting system.

maxairmike

The new Sony system that they're releasing for home use sounds like a possibility if you wanted to go that route. At $800 each, they're also pretty cheap for a head-mount 3D video system with built in virtual surround. :lol:

All joking aside, though, that might be an interesting route to explore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom