BryceM

No, they need to fix Jurassic Park first. Specifically, they need to fix that giant broken T-Rex animatronic, the one that lunged toward guests when the ride first opened but no longer moves. It's a shame they have to hide it behind a black curtain, or mask the lack of movement with strobe lights. Disney would never allow that to happen to the climactic scene of one its major attractions -- that's the Disney Difference!
Hahahaha, this was great. I've always thought of the T-Rex to be more impressive than the yeti anyways... You can actually see the T-Rex and it gets way more in your face.

HenryMystic

But think about Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls! :( These two attractions are superb! The rest of Toon Lagoon has some weak spots but I believe the pros of this land out-weigh the cons.
1) Water ride overkill. 3 in a row is redundant.
2) Cheap/temporary theme. They cheaped out at the last minute and lost Looney Toons. Had to scrape up every bottom of the barrel toon they could find.
3) Dudley was not supposed to be an opening day attraction, but they thought they needed the capacity and fast-tracked it forsaking the proper theming it was due to get.
4) It's a poorly laid out land.
5) It has no business being in a Universal/Disney caliber theme park. Maybe Nara Dreamland...maybe.

gonnichi

I like Toon Lagoon, it just needs some more attractions and maybe a less "bare" transition between it and Marvel Super-Hero Island.

I love how this post has changed and everyone is talking about Universal here. Today was supposed to be about what is coming for WDW. To bad TDO changed that. I guess we have to get excited about some park, and since TDO hasnt given us any new updates today all we have to get excited about is Universal. I pray for the day that WDW gets the attention that Universal is giving to its parks.

Captain Chaos

Isn't Ripsaw Falls also a maintenance nightmare? How many times do we read about the ride being down? I know the three days I was there last year, the ride was never working. When the ride did finally get online, not even 10 minutes later it was shut again. I love the ride (not as much as I love Splash Mountain), but if it is costly to maintain, and we can get an entire land themed to LOTR, I'd gladly help with knocking it down... If it came to that...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Don't you guys see, they are f'ing with us. They knew that whatever art or model was shown it would be picked apart by fanbois and Disney blogger types so they throw out this absolutely bizarre model of nothing so people have something to obsess over for the next 12 months while they secretly work on the real plans. Either that or they really have nothing...

CTXRover

Back on topic.

I'm a bit concerned that they still are in "early" development. In general, they often claim attractions take up to 5 years from blue sky to completion. By now, I'd hope that final decisions are being made and that by middle of 2013 contract bids start going out and construction starts by end of 2013 as was first announced.

Hopefully by 2013 D23 meet something of real substance will be shown. I am intrigued that Mr. Vaughn noted "who wouldn't want to ride on a Banshee". Could that indicate that the coaster ride is in fact back in the plans. Visually, I think this land has a lot of potential. Hopefully the attraction mix they finally decide on also has a nice mix of family friendly rides and thrills.

PeterAlt

Here's what was said:

RODHE: "On the raised ground, banchees fly. Below the cliff, a gathering amist. Beyond yonder, in the distance, the sea we see - a rising tide. The valley below - this, a vast and open field. We shall build a spectacle there, a show of shows, like no other... and HUGE!"

CAMERON: "Ok, that valley... Your idea is too boring! We need excitement here! The humans are supposed to be going back to Earth, right? Well, they fire the engines of their huge orbiting spaceship but the thing was in reverse... at warp speed... so it goes CRASHING in there... in the field for your 'spectacular'. Fire! Blasts! Spaceship parts raining all over the place! Blood and mangled body parts everywhere! Beautiful."

STAGGS: "Um, Iger just memoed me and instructed me to inform you all that we now own Star Wars. He wants tantums added."

THIRD GUY: "Interesting. I didn't know it snows on Pandora..."

the.dreamfinder

From Evil Tony Baxter (twitter.com/EvilTonyBaxter):

Finally saw Avatar. Boy, I don't know what we were thinking, but this is going to be fun.

Called Joe and told him all we had to do to keep that Pocahontas show was paint her blue, put her on stilts and put some lights on the tree.

James Cameron is a genius make cat people as Natives, put a hammerhead shark head on a rhino, and add dragon looking things. Pure profit.

Well, at least I know why Joe starts crying when we have meetings about it. Pansy.

It's great, usually when he starts crying someone asks how the yeti is doing. He totally loses its. At least the projection works.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Universal is smart. You don't see many Avatar toys, lunchboxes, birthday cakes, T-shirts, video games, books, spin off books, food, beverages etc...

Not every popular statement translates well as a long lasting investment to a theme park.

I'd love to have a Pandora's (lunch) Box

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom