• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

ABQ

Advertisement
That shouldn't even have been a lesson they had to learn. Working out kinks is common knowledge.
And always has been, these sort of kinks are hopefully no more prevalent than they were decades ago. What certainly is more prevalent is the insight we have into them through social media and leaks.

I predict here and now that there will be a bunch of discussion/panic about motion sickness.
If you have seen the film Avatar, you know that you are diving and swooping and climbing and turning
much more than Soarin'. I would assume that as they have been working on this for several years
that it has been finely tuned--and has the ability to be adjusted finely, even more--as they start to
cycle it heavily.

That said, the ride moves, it has a screen, and therefore, SOME will experience problems. Perhaps
some that post here, or people they talk to, will. For sure. For certain. 'Cause we like to complain
and scream doom and gloom as much as we like to extol and evangelize.

What I think? Your mileage may vary. I hope it's not M:S, 'cause in all the world, that's the only ride
I've ever been on that made me feel bad. And I do roller coasters like nobody's business. I attribute
it to the spinning--which I'll assume that FOP does not do.

As for it not working right, right now, well, I'll assume that's part of regular Test and Adjust. The whole
"machine of a building" needs to hum along cycling guests through at a rapid rate of speed, it's pretty
astonishing when you think of any attraction and how heavily it works. I'm going to assume for now
that the whole thing is NOT a disaster and all will be well, and that this is part of normal working things
out.

And let's remember for all the complaining---tons of people, for example, thousands, millions, ride and
enjoy M:S. So it goes.

I can hardly wait to fly on a Banshee. Booked for October! So they'd better have it figured out by then!
You have to remember this is a forum fill with Disney fans, which isn't the heartiest of demographics. We're talking to folks that believe Muppetvision is a ride. Someone here actually said, "I prefer the rides that don't move."

Ummm, that's not a ride.

I'm actually glad Disney finally built something not aimed at 3 month olds and octogenarians.

(Puts on flame suit)

You have to remember this is a forum fill with Disney fans, which isn't the heartiest of demographics. We're talking to folks that believe Muppetvision is a ride. Someone here actually said, "I prefer the rides that don't move."

Ummm, that's not a ride.

I'm actually glad Disney finally built something not aimed at 3 month olds and octogenarians.

(Puts on flame suit)
Huge pet peeve- "Stitch is a lame ride."

It's not a ride. Just like Muppets, and Phillarmagic, it's never been a ride. They only strap you into that thing so you can't get out!

mnelson3

Flight of the Banshee may not be ready either, we don't know. But that's what happens when you announce a date...
Navi River Journey is ready correct?

My expectations of the River Journey is sadly pretty low, as I think they should be, based on what's been said with there being no "thrill" factor and it being equal if not shorter than Frozen Ever After :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I think insiders (correct me if I'm wrong - I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth) have suggested the problems have to do with the video and motion combo making people ill.

Let's hope we don't wind up with M:S 2.0.
They just need to tweak the motion blur. Excesive Motion blur in 3d environments kills me in Transformers, but the action looks pretty fine in Spiderman.

Rutt

I am still looking forward to it, more so than FoP. The lack of thrill I can get over but I would be very happy to find out the reports of it being as short as Frozen were false lol.
This I can agree with. Alas we are now in the age of quick fixes. Cant stay focused for 2 mins without getting antsy.

hakunamatata

Love Me Some Fast Passes
Premium Member
Navi River Journey is ready correct?

My expectations of the River Journey is sadly pretty low, as I think they should be, based on what's been said with there being no "thrill" factor and it being equal if not shorter than Frozen Ever After :rolleyes:.
Im not sure the Pandoran water has made it hereyet.

rioriz

The article has something very curious to say about Flight of Passage:

"The ride would begin, as Sully’s did, with a jump off a mountain, not just to let visitors imitate his flight—though the excursion would take place in front of a movie screen—but to hide the extensive machinery that would be required."

@rioriz, care to explain?

*Edited for emphasis. I'm trying to figure out how the simulated jumping off a mountain works with a physical maneuver that does something to hide equipment. And what kind of extensive machinery does it hide from us?

Sorry for the lateness, readying my move back to the Sunshine State...

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...then boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology

Last edited:

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...tgen boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology
I'm really curious - can any of our insiders comment on the use of augmented reality in FoP? People keep theorizing about it, and it seems logical, but I don't think we've seen any evidence of it.

TyTrap

Here's how I understand the first 30 sec of FoP go. Sit in seat...connect with your vehicle...yes some use of augmented like reality...shield is down...dramatic music...things go dark...shield raises...still dark...talking us through what's about to occur...then boom! Vehicle pushes you out and down! Pushing you out and the glasses help make it a more intimate experience that Soarin....hides the technology
how about the banshees at windtraders? I heard there will be an experience there where you get linked to a banshee and then can purchase it. Apparently they have robotics in them. Any truth to this?

how about the banshees at windtraders? I heard there will be an experience there where you get linked to a banshee and then can purchase it. Apparently they have robotics in them. Any truth to this?
The site which cannot be named has a picture of these. I describes them with this quote:

"Banshee Connect” service is where you will be matched with a tiny version of the beast; a robotic creature that you can take home with you for a price.