No Name

In the semi-recent picture, you can see the two low-tech black mechanisms sticking down from under one of the boats.

image.jpeg

I know a few people (some on here iirc) asked about the ride system, and I kept reiterating that I'm only 99% certain it's a Jungle Cruise syle system, but, these latest pictures allow us to be 100% certain.

I don't think anyone else but him is upset with the name tags.

Eww. Neccesary? Well, If you want to play that game, I 100% guarantee that that statement will be even more wrong by the end of the decade. There are some wise individuals in other parts! :cool:

I don't like to be a "proved you wrong" kind of person, but you're egging me on.

I wonder how people will see disney vs universal after this land opens as far as imagineers go. Will this land impress people compared to the amazing job universal imagineers did with hogsmeade/forbidden journey?

I think this land may offer more breathtaking views and wow moments. But I think Forbidden Journey will still be considered the superior ride. Just a wild guess, maybe when Pandora opens I'll think otherwise. Maybe it will be very close.

Even though Avatar Land was a response to Potter, both will be very different, which to me is the most wonderful part.

twebber55

I think this land may offer more breathtaking views and wow moments. But I think Forbidden Journey will still be considered the superior ride. Just a wild guess, maybe when Pandora opens I'll think otherwise. Maybe it will be very close.
i think thats where i am, although i ve heard great things about FOP
im guessing the first 30 seconds of FOP will be pretty exciting

Atomicmickey

The projectors intended for Flight of Passage aren't ready yet. The ride will open with great looking Christie 4X4K rigs, but that's supposed to be swapped out later on for something more simple since the content is being mastered in 120fps. Not sure anyone will notice/care when that occurs though except geeks like us.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone allude to the projection system, thank you! Help me understand . . you are referring to 4 projectors, each doing 4K, aligned on a grid for a total resolution of 16K, at 120FPS? I am eager to know more . . . thanks! Why aren't the projectors ready, yet? Has the ride been spec'ed to tech that isn't out at this point, or is it a supply chain issue? Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

RSoxNo1

Questions for those in the know. The corn on the cob looking large plant at the beginning of the land evidently has some significance. From what I could piece together it's called a "Baja Tickler" and helps purifier the air allowing humans to visit the Valley of Mo'ara? Is that correct for the backstory?

As an extension to that, my understanding is that we need the Avatars in Flight of Passage because we're going outside of the Valley of Mo'ara where we can't breath.

twebber55

Questions for those in the know. The corn on the cob looking large plant at the beginning of the land evidently has some significance. From what I could piece together it's called a "Baja Tickler" and helps purifier the air allowing humans to visit the Valley of Mo'ara? Is that correct for the backstory?

As an extension to that, my understanding is that we need the Avatars in Flight of Passage because we're going outside of the Valley of Mo'ara where we can't breath.
its called a flasca

Daveeeeed

The plant thing was confirmed like a year ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom