Rutt

TSMM... boring?! I've heard a lot of negative words used to describe TSMM around these parts, but I have to say, I've never heard someone describe it as boring. It's the most fun ride I've ever been on. My family and I are very competitive, and it's always a close battle. Pulling the rope rapidly to shoot those final plates? I've never had so much adrenaline elsewhere in a theme park.

You may think it's cheap, too screen-heavy, etc., and while I don't agree with any of that, I can at least understand. But I can't fathom how one could consider it boring.

On Avatar Land...

I find it super, super strange that they are basically showing the floor plan as part of the attraction. Super strange! It makes me interested to see how it will be incorporated into the story. I always assumed that the reason they hid the building behind a mountain range was to hide the fact that the ride is in a showbuilding, as Disney normally does. But it seems like the story here is "hey, you just walked through the mountain range and into a showbuilding!"

I hesitate to call it "lazy" until we've seen the full picture, but, I do wonder...
Meh, its a map of a mine, inside a mountain. Seems like it fits to me.

As for TSMM, i wouldnt say boring, its definitely fun. I dont really get the onsane waits for it though. Maybe that will change with more kidstuff in TSL.

Daveeeeed

TSMM... boring?! I've heard a lot of negative words used to describe TSMM around these parts, but I have to say, I've never heard someone describe it as boring. It's the most fun ride I've ever been on. My family and I are very competitive, and it's always a close battle. Pulling the rope rapidly to shoot those final plates? I've never had so much adrenaline elsewhere in a theme park.

You may think it's cheap, too screen-heavy, etc., and while I don't agree with any of that, I can at least understand. But I can't fathom how one could consider it boring.

On Avatar Land...

I find it super, super strange that they are basically showing the floor plan as part of the attraction. Super strange! It makes me interested to see how it will be incorporated into the story. I always assumed that the reason they hid the building behind a mountain range was to hide the fact that the ride is in a showbuilding, as Disney normally does. But it seems like the story here is "hey, you just walked through the mountain range and into a showbuilding!"

I hesitate to call it "lazy" until we've seen the full picture, but, I do wonder...
I agree! Definitely! TSMM is a technologically advanced ride, and I get why some see it as more of a video game (as that's sort of what it is), but it's not groundbreaking. But at the same time... Winnie The Pooh in Orlando is not above and beyond but it is pure fun. TSMM absolutely launches the "Pure Fun" out of he ballpark. It may not be as grandiose as a ride like Spider-Man, but it's a unique ride that is so much fun every time.

Daveeeeed

Meh, its a map of a mine, inside a mountain. Seems like it fits to me.

As for TSMM, i wouldnt say boring, its definitely fun. I dont really get the onsane waits for it though. Maybe that will change with more kidstuff in TSL.
The waits are now lower ever since the third track opened. Still very high as the park has capacity issues, but consistently the Rock n' Rollercoaster receives higher waits now.

Cesar R M

On Avatar Land...

Actually, it feels like those "secret cave with scientist experiments..." feel to it.
Like it was an abandoned Avatar research facility and these guys decided to rebuild it, fix it and made it into a cultural attraction to meet with the Na'vi by using Avatars.

Professortango1

I know we're already off topic but I loved Gringotts too. I don't understand the hate it seems to get? For me it was a totally unique experience, even with screens. I haven't ridden something like that. Why are people so meh about it?

I enjoyed it, but people wanted more of a coaster. I think if they had a more Mummy-esque roller coaster between the drop and first show scene and a little more backwards coaster before the second scene, people would be nuts over it.

Incomudro

I enjoyed it, but people wanted more of a coaster. I think if they had a more Mummy-esque roller coaster between the drop and first show scene and a little more backwards coaster before the second scene, people would be nuts over it.
Exactly our families experience.
We went into this ride knowing absolutely nothing about it.
We had ridden Mummy previously, and when we got on Gringott's, and became aware of the coaster aspect of it - we though it was going to be amazing.
Then, it went on to do what it does.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Some animatronics and more physical sets (especially in the finale) would've been nice too.

Daveeeeed

Some animatronics and more physical sets (especially in the finale) would've been nice too.
All good points. For me, what I loved about it was that the screens surrounded your entire field of view and it really had realistic depth too. But what was disappointing for me was that it was at Universal Studios Park: which has waaay too many similar attractions. Another thing was how epic the land was as well as the queue and this is the lone ride... it's the headliner, so it has to be ultra good. It had a very odd plot as well as an anti-climactic ending. The epic queue & vehicles IMO were overshadowed by an over-reliance upon screens. Also the way they just "stare" as you as you go away. I still like the attraction, but to me, it falls under the Little Mermaid problem like Kong as well. Except in this case the ride itself is an E-ticket that is flawed.

flyerjab

Someone on a DVC Facebook page took a video from the outside deck at the Nomad Lounge which is basically right next to the bridge that leads into the main entrance of Pandora. It was during the day and you could hear all sorts of 'alien' animal sounds coming from the forest. It was pretty surreal sounding.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
After watching the new Navi river journey video I get the impression this ride will provide teens with a great opportunity to check their facebook status and snapchat there way out of boredom. Traveling at such a slow pace I pray Disney found a way to keep eyes focused on the ride suroundings. This isnt a jab at Millennials.. but just a worry I have about this attraction. That and repeatability. Nothing kills the mood faster than flickering smartphones.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I watched Avatar last night and I have to say, The Hallelujah Mountains look great in all of these promos/tv spots and in person, from afar obviously. It seems as true to life as possible.

Personally, I'm withholding any opinion on the Navi River Journey until I actually ride it and experience it in person. I learned my lesson after watching videos of RoL and formulating my opinion before experiencing it first hand.

Here's hoping that Disney hits one out of the park with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom