hpyhnt 1000

I am hoping Cameron will want to dazzle the crowd with a over the top presentation of the land's progress and what to expect.

Honestly, just having 2 or 3 POV photos from ground level of the floating mountains would be a crowd pleaser. Yes, we've had aerials and telephoto shots from various sources, but none of these give a good sense of scale. Same goes for the rock work encompassing the FoP show building.

Another reveal that would generate buzz would be of the FoP ride vehicles, especially if they are indeed banshees. That in and of itself would be a complete game changer; you're not riding on a bench or modified truck, but potentially an actual animatronic.

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Honestly, just having 2 or 3 POV photos from ground level of the floating mountains would be a crowd pleaser. Yes, we've had aerials and telephoto shots from various sources, but none of these give a good sense of scale. Same goes for the rock work encompassing the FoP show building.

Another reveal that would generate buzz would be of the FoP ride vehicles, especially if they are indeed banshees. That in and of itself would be a complete game changer; you're not riding on a bench or modified truck, but potentially an actual animatronic.

I'll see what I can do end of October...

*1023*

twebber55

yeah a ground level picture showing scale like this would be nice
pandora-mountain.jpg

Old Mouseketeer

I would think Escape from Gringots would be a prime example of what to expect with regards to the queue of Flight of Passage. Not specifically with regards to the themeing or the "show" elements, but with regards to the fact that the majority of the last 15-20 minutes or so of the "queue" blurs the line between waiting in line and already being "on" the attraction. In fact, as much as it would feel like a rip-off of Universal, an artificial elevator type scene could actually be quite appropriate in making you feel like you are ascending to the top of one of the floating islands to board the banshee.... it will be interesting to see what sort of elements they incorporate into the queue...

Between the leaked blueprints and suggestions they are using the Intamin Panoramic Flight Simulator, aren't the theaters supposed to load on three levels? It's going to be interesting to see all those corridors and the logistics of grouping and moving guests. I haven't kept up with this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been covered.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Between the leaked blueprints and suggestions they are using the Intamin Panoramic Flight Simulator, aren't the theaters supposed to load on three levels? It's going to be interesting to see all those corridors and the logistics of grouping and moving guests. I haven't kept up with this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been covered.

Vekoma, not Intamin, and yes the Vekoma system loads on multiple levels.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's been mentioned that it will have a pretty elaborate queue that is part of the ride experience. This should give them plenty of opportunities to group the guests for loading.

Siren

The pics above are so beautiful! Anyway, I did some googling and the theater may look something like this. OMG! This is so exciting.
2ahyx6o.jpg

6yp6qe.jpg

34t37s0.jpg

Also, don't expect an Avatar sequel anytime soon. James Cameron recently said that he will continue to push back the dates as necessary -- which means he's willing to ride out the Star Wars and Super Hero storm until it's totally dead. He has already stated that he does not want to face off with these hot franchises.

Anyway, Avatar 2 is going to be centered around the Na'vi family. "Set several years after the events of Avatar, Sully is now chieftain and Neytiri high priestess of their clan – although events will apparently focus on their children. They'll also be journeying beyond the forests of Pandora into underwater and volcanic video game levels environments."
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/avatar/feature/a785456/avatar-2-release-date-plot-cast-and-everything-you-need-to-know-about-james-camerons-long-awaited-sequel/

This actually sounds pretty good.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Between the leaked blueprints and suggestions they are using the Intamin Panoramic Flight Simulator, aren't the theaters supposed to load on three levels? It's going to be interesting to see all those corridors and the logistics of grouping and moving guests.

Well, there is a precedent... Back to the Future/Simpsons Ride at Universal already uses a multi-level load system and while the way they have you separate to each level is pretty ordinary and unthemed, it works and is likely similar to what Disney will use (at least on a logistical level... I would hope they have a more creative/better themed way of separating guests).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The pics above are so beautiful! Anyway, I did some googling and the theater may look something like this. OMG! This is so exciting.
2ahyx6o.jpg

6yp6qe.jpg

34t37s0.jpg

Also, don't expect an Avatar sequel anytime soon. James Cameron recently said that he will continue to push back the dates as necessary -- which means he's willing to ride out the Star Wars and Super Hero storm until it's totally dead. He has already stated that he does not want to face off with these hot franchises.

Anyway, Avatar 2 is going to be centered around the Na'vi family. "Set several years after the events of Avatar, Sully is now chieftain and Neytiri high priestess of their clan – although events will apparently focus on their children. They'll also be journeying beyond the forests of Pandora into underwater and volcanic video game levels environments."
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/avatar/feature/a785456/avatar-2-release-date-plot-cast-and-everything-you-need-to-know-about-james-camerons-long-awaited-sequel/

This actually sounds pretty good.

That is not they system this ride will, it will be a variation of this one...

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/panoramic-flight-simulator

Old Mouseketeer

I posted a link about the exhibit and that it opens in December.
What the hell? This sounds like Disney screwed this one up even more than Marvel. OK, maybe Disney's contract for Avatar will keep this exhibit out of North America. And maybe out of France, Japan, and China (including SAR/Hong Kong). But an IP as big as Avatar (assuming the sequels pay out better than Matrix) should be bought for worldwide rights. Unless Disney is just interested in targeting Universal Orlando. Which maybe they are.

I'm just astounded that Disney would sign a contract that allows someone to open a competing exhibit a year ahead of their huge investment.

Mike S

What the hell? This sounds like Disney screwed this one up even more than Marvel. OK, maybe Disney's contract for Avatar will keep this exhibit out of North America. And maybe out of France, Japan, and China (including SAR/Hong Kong). But an IP as big as Avatar (assuming the sequels pay out better than Matrix) should be bought for worldwide rights. Unless Disney is just interested in targeting Universal Orlando. Which maybe they are.

I'm just astounded that Disney would sign a contract that allows someone to open a competing exhibit a year ahead of their huge investment.
Disney does have worldwide rights but it's for theme parks.* Think of it like how there was no problem with that Marvel Universe arena show coming to Florida.

*How long those will last with Disney having no intention of putting Avatar anywhere else is anyone's guess. Universal eventually lost their worldwide rights to Marvel because it wasn't in use outside of IoA and USJ.

Rteetz

This isn't a theme park it's an exhibit. As @Mike S said Marvel had a traveling show that was in Florida.

flyerjab

Not sure if this image has been posted before or not, but it's the first I've seen it... most of the images I've seen of the Pandora model show the land from the North (facing south)... this one seems to show it from the opposite side...

Umm...ok...where did you find this little gem of a photo? That really helps me visualize what the layout of the land is going to be like.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Umm...ok...where did you find this little gem of a photo? That really helps me visualize what the layout of the land is going to be like.

Actually saw it on a video on YouTube about the abandoned Triceratops Encounter at IOA,

...at the 1:55 time point. Contacted the poster to see if they could tell me where they first got the image from, but haven't heard anything yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom