Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I feel like MK's POTC could easily be considered to have "show scenes" in the queue. I'm guessing it is something in that range, though perhaps more involved. If it is stuff that is key to the ride (e.g. like the stretching room for HM), I would hope/assume that it starts after the FP/standby merge so the FP+ users don't miss it -- because that's essentially a pre-show and "part of the ride".

I would think Escape from Gringots would be a prime example of what to expect with regards to the queue of Flight of Passage. Not specifically with regards to the themeing or the "show" elements, but with regards to the fact that the majority of the last 15-20 minutes or so of the "queue" blurs the line between waiting in line and already being "on" the attraction. In fact, as much as it would feel like a rip-off of Universal, an artificial elevator type scene could actually be quite appropriate in making you feel like you are ascending to the top of one of the floating islands to board the banshee.... it will be interesting to see what sort of elements they incorporate into the queue...

KingOfEpicocity

Does this mean you are aware of some things being plussed? It is not just a cleaning and tech refurb?
Sounds more like optimism, which is good to see from time to time.

Im not expecting any major story changes or anything like that. But I wouldn't be totally surprised if we say some new elements/ Dino's. And I would even venture into a whole new tone. But I don't know for sure, just stuff I've heard. But as long as they don't forget to fix the AAs it'll be worth the time.

PorterRedkey

In fact, as much as it would feel like a rip-off of Universal, an artificial elevator type scene could actually be quite appropriate in making you feel like you are ascending to the top of one of the floating islands to board the banshee.... it will be interesting to see what sort of elements they incorporate into the queue...

I believe that the Living Sea's hydrolators at Epcot Center were first.

Magic Feather

I would think Escape from Gringots would be a prime example of what to expect with regards to the queue of Flight of Passage. Not specifically with regards to the themeing or the "show" elements, but with regards to the fact that the majority of the last 15-20 minutes or so of the "queue" blurs the line between waiting in line and already being "on" the attraction. In fact, as much as it would feel like a rip-off of Universal, an artificial elevator type scene could actually be quite appropriate in making you feel like you are ascending to the top of one of the floating islands to board the banshee.... it will be interesting to see what sort of elements they incorporate into the queue...
Expect Gringotts up to the preshow, and then expect an ounce of Soarin. The boat on the other hand...

cjkeating

Yeah, I am having problems deciphering the boat statement. The way that the sentence trails off is throwing me for a bit...

I'm not sure... part of me is worried that the new structure going up outside the boat ride is going to be a bit of cattle pen queue. Hopefully not as that is not very DAK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The transition from queue to boarding will be seamless, and in my opinion unmatched in any form worldwide. The only thing I can even think to describe it would be boarding the Safari Jeep directly from the Savannah...pictures will not do justice

Are you talking about Flight Of Passage or Navi River Journey?

flyerjab

Yuppers, @Magic Feather has summed up FoP boarding...

Man, you and @Magic Feather are getting me super-hyped for this expansion again. I knew that once the floating mountains came together visually we would have this period of not a lot new information unless new overhead photos were obtained (which happens from time to time). I figured I would need to wait for an event like the upcoming one in November at the Contemporary to find out more stuff. But the hints that both of you are providing have been excellent.

Thanks for saying what you can.

twebber55

Man, you and @Magic Feather are getting me super-hyped for this expansion again. I knew that once the floating mountains came together visually we would have this period of not a lot new information unless new overhead photos were obtained (which happens from time to time). I figured I would need to wait for an event like the upcoming one in November at the Contemporary to find out more stuff. But the hints that both of you are providing have been excellent.

Thanks for saying what you can.
yeah i doubt we hear anything until November on this project
unless you get aerials

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom