180º

for Disney even M&G's are considered "attractions".
Alas, no. This is an important distinction. Part of the spiel Guest Relations CMs and Character hosts/attendants give to DAS card holders is that DAS return times are distributed at "attractions," and a character location is not an "attraction" and therefore doesn't participate. The other, and probably more important reason for not participating in the DAS system has to do with the low capacity of character locations.

Semantics, I realize, but...the more you know!

And I see what you're saying. M&Gs have been way overblown, for sure.

Rteetz

The person also said the land will be 47 acres which we know to be false, which brings all this information into doubt. IMHO.
That is true but the person works for Disney and we know the model is on site for CMs to see. It's also been said by many that a third attraction is likely but it won't be a ride.

Disneyhead'71

Alas, no. This is an important distinction. Part of the spiel Guest Relations CMs and Character hosts/attendants give to DAS card holders is that DAS return times are distributed at "attractions," and a character location is not an "attraction" and therefore doesn't participate. The other, and probably more important reason for not participating in the DAS system has to do with the low capacity of character locations.

Semantics, I realize, but...the more you know!

And I see what you're saying. M&Gs have been way overblown, for sure.
#27 in the pic below.
image.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

WDW1974 mentioned at one point that a third attraction was possible, but I never got the impression that it would be a ride. I'm still thinking something like a walking trail or show. I think there will also be some sort of M&G, but don't think that would be what people are talking about with the third attraction.
Yes! I remember @WDW1974 talking about the third attraction in AvatarLand over on his spirit thread months ago. Interesting when someone reports something, people think they are crazy and it turns out that they were on to something. That's why I enjoy this site.

TyTrap

I'm thinking it will be a walk through with the interactive fauna and flora of Pandora. It could be housed in the massive show building where the other 2 attractions are. As for a meet and greet I did remember Joe rohde at D23 saying that this is our adventure and won't involve any of the characters from the film so I don't think we are getting a jake meet and greet. Wasn't there something about hearing stories from a navi shaman on that brochure?

180º

I stand corrected.

However, what I said regarding character host and guest relations spiels on the DAS system is true, at least for Disneyland. Which means Disney is sending conflicting messages to its guests.

EDIT: Just checked the Disneyland app, and sure enough, "attractions" and "characters" are distinct from one another. WDW may be different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom