Bairstow

On second thought, the moon isn't obnoxious, because it really is a beautiful moon. It's so vibrant and bright that it makes the rest of the model look bad, I think.
sg625i.jpg

So is Disney going to build that 800-foot tall, 4,000-foot long black wall behind the Avatar Expansion?
I take it the 850-foot tall silver scaffolding is what will hold up the million+ cubic yards of black fabric that will be needed to create the backdrop.

lazyboy97o

Really? 1.4 billion dollars is a flop??? That would still put it at number 6 ALL TIME!! Seriously that would not be considered a flop by anyone???
Someone expecting to see a bare minimum of 1.5 billion in revenue would consider it a flop. Also, box office revenue is not profit.

Mawg

Someone expecting to see a bare minimum of 1.5 billion in revenue would consider it a flop. Also, box office revenue is not profit.
no, there is a difference between a box office flop and a movie not meeting its expectations. I can see at any point one of these next 6 Star Wars movies not meeting Disney's "internal" expectations specially after how well the first one will do but I would not predict a box office flop for any of them.

Cesar R M

Really? 1.4 billion dollars is a flop??? That would still put it at number 6 ALL TIME!! Seriously that would not be considered a flop by anyone???
when you're unrealistically aiming for the sky.. anything can be a flop.

An ahole analyst could be expecting Avatar to get 4 trillions.
Is it realistic? of course not.. but still someone " expected" the 4 trillions and is a flop for him if the thing doesn't get 4 trillions.

Siren

Not to mention there is a topless

Just because, but Pandora is actually the moon of the gas giant behind the model.
Yeah... I totally knew that. I don't know what would make you think otherwise. LOL.

Also, the Na'vi is *not* topless, she is fully covered and it is only her rib cage and midriff that is exposed. Thank you.

So it WILL be in the sky above the land.
Good question. What's the point of putting it there, if it's not going to be part of Avatarland?

The moon is going to be there as well?
I love it and I hope this *planet* will be included in Avatarland because it's so gorgeous. And, I hope it's really huge like it is on the model.

The following isn't directed toward you or me, it's just for other readers who may not be familiar with Avatar, lol.

Okay so, according to wiki.....

1zps5y8.jpg

The big blue moon is not a moon -- it is actually a planet named Polyphemus and its inhabitants are called Cyclopians. "Cyclopians are described as hairy three-armed humanoids, that are single-minded as well as single-eyed. They are also dour, insensitive, unimaginative, and totally lacking in sympathy, not to mention having no heart at all." LOL.

10qlzjo.jpg

Pandora is the moon of planet Polyphemus and home to the Na'vi.

Siren

I just have to say, I'm embarrassed. The number of freakin typos my iPad creates by auto "correcting" is appalling. I need to start rereading before hitting "post". Just awful. I need to go hide in a corner.

I make just as many typos and I am typing this on a regular keyboard without auto correct. :)

I know the feeling. iPad and Android are awful on auto correct. I look like I'm drunk posting.

That's funny, I haven't seen any typos from any of you. But seriously, I can relate as typos are the bane of my existence and it totally ruins my fun on the forums. Plus, I don't discover my typos until the next day(s), it's rare when I catch them right away. It's akin to enjoying the night out and then being grossed out the next morning.

Exactly. That's why they are Theme Parks, not Amusement Parks. I can't wait to explore this new land! We were starting to think about a trip in 2016, but now I want to delay that until late 2017, when this land will be ready to explore.
The sequel to Avatar has been pushed back to Christmas Day of 2017, so Disney should adjust the opening of Avatarland to Spring of 2018. I think there is a good chance of this happening, so stay tuned before you finalize any plans. But yeah.... I really can't wait for Avatarland, too!

I think it has a better chance of being the biggest flop in the history of film. Like Fantastic 4 flop territory.
LOL. This is so funny, thanks for the laugh.

They will use the "highest grossing movie of all time" marketing angle to hook a lot of people, so it will do ok, but I don't think it will beat the previous. I thing the next two films after that will be the harder sell.
We'll see. James Cameron is filming this movie with new technology that is so innovative, it required him to coordinate a special team to assist all of the movie cinema's with updating their equipment and screens prior to the movie release.

Avatar 2 will be filmed in 60 FPS (frames per second). As a comparison, Soarin' is filmed in 48 FPS. Also, Peter Jackson filmed The Hobbit in 48 FPS but the majority of theaters were not equipped to show the movie in that format.

So, I am *not* going to underestimate Avatar 2.

i think it will flop and only half the people that went to the first one will go see the second therefore it will make 1.4 billion dollars
I disagree. Avatar 2 is going to be something that no one has experienced before.

oh i agree with you that it wont do well in the US i just think it will go pretty big internationally ala transformers but probably more than that
Again, disagree. I believe Avatar 2 has the power to entice curious viewers back into the cinema, again. First, there is nothing else of it's kind out there. Second, movie fans will want to be re-energized from super hero fatigue.

So is Disney going to build that 800-foot tall, 4,000-foot long black wall behind the Avatar Expansion?
I take it the 850-foot tall silver scaffolding is what will hold up the million+ cubic yards of black fabric that will be needed to create the backdrop.
LOL. If I see a black curtain of any kind in Avatarland, I will scream (internally).

Last edited:

G00fyDad

The big blue moon is not a moon -- it is actually a planet named Polyphemus and its inhabitants are called Cyclopians. "Cyclopians are described as hairy three-armed humanoids, that are single-minded as well as single-eyed. They are also dour, insensitive, unimaginative, and totally lacking in sympathy, not to mention having no heart at all."

They also must be VERY tall and VERY strong to be able to support their weight on such a huge planet with such high winds. That planet looks like a gas giant which also shows bands of extremely high wind activity. ;)

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Yeah... I totally knew that. I don't know what would make you think otherwise. LOL.

Also, the Na'vi is *not* topless, she is fully covered and it is only her rib cage and midriff that is exposed. Thank you.

Good question. What's the point of putting it there, if it's not going to be part of Avatarland?

I love it and I hope this *planet* will be included in Avatarland because it's so gorgeous. And, I hope it's really huge like it is on the model.

The following isn't directed toward you or me, it's just for other readers who may not be familiar with Avatar, lol.

1zps5y8.jpg

The big blue moon is not a moon -- it is actually a planet named Polyphemus and its inhabitants are called Cyclopians. "Cyclopians are described as hairy three-armed humanoids, that are single-minded as well as single-eyed. They are also dour, insensitive, unimaginative, and totally lacking in sympathy, not to mention having no heart at all." LOL.

10qlzjo.jpg

Pandora is the moon of planet Polyphemus and home to the Na'vi.
Consider me schooled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom