Cesar R M

But again not confirmation or even rumors of the other attractions, and as I also said just because they are calling them an E and D doesn't mean they will be. You can't pat yourself on the back for predicting things that may not actually happen.
Theres an ignore button guys, use it.

jt04

But again not confirmation or even rumors of the other attractions, and as I also said just because they are calling them an E and D doesn't mean they will be. You can't pat yourself on the back for predicting things that may not actually happen.

Not patting myself on the back. Just giving an opinion. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I was thinking about it though, and the 3 existing lands in DAK can be said to have all the letters, A-E, as part of their content. Maybe that is by design. And why the CMM pad was chosen rather than leaving it and putting Pandora on an undeveloped pad.

jt04

It is also annoying if you've been arguing that this is a good idea for almost half a decade to have someone show up and claim that they've been an important part of pro-Avatar conversation when they aren't around for months at a time. However, I think that as a community we should each make an individual decision - are we entertained by Mr. 04s weirdo act? If so, then we should read. This is typically me. His claims are quite absurd, but I'd rather chuckle than give him the bird (once again available for writing wedding vows, yada, yada). If not, (and in this case I can empathize since Mr. 04 is annoying me with his specific Avatar schtick) then just ignore him either through use of message board software or scrolling by.

Umm, I am here almost daily just sometimes I take a break when no news is breaking. But I am always here.

I have noticed patterns of disinformation on Disney message boards. For instance Pandora was said to be in creative gridlock or had been scaled back to near nothingness. I enjoy refuting such rumors if possible. Or "vetting" them if you prefer.

Now, as we now know, these rumors were surely wrong or deliberate misinformation. I stuck to my position that they were wrong. Not sure that should cause anyone heartburn.

Now more rumors or misinformation are appearing. Such as the Studios budget will largely go to infrastructure removal and roads and only some content. Perhaps 1 e -ticket. 3 billion dollars is over twice what was spent on DCA and dollars go much further in the sunshine state.

Other rumors circulating state that the new nighttime show has been scaled back to almost nothing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Mike S

Umm, I am here almost daily just sometimes I take a break when no news is breaking. But I am always here.

I have noticed patterns of disinformation on Disney message boards. For instance Pandora was said to be in creative gridlock or had been scaled back to near nothingness. I enjoy refuting such rumors if possible. Or "vetting" them if you prefer.

Now, as we now know, these rumors were surely wrong or deliberate misinformation. I stuck to my position that they were wrong. Not sure that should cause anyone heartburn.

Now more rumors or misinformation are appearing. Such as the Studios budget will largely go to infrastructure removal and roads and only some content. Perhaps 1 e -ticket. 3 billion dollars is over twice what was spent on DCA and dollars go much further in the sunshine state.

Other rumors circulating state that the new nighttime show has been scaled back to almost nothing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Do you not have any comprehension that something could be true at one time then changes?

jt04

Do you not have any comprehension that something could be true at one time then changes?

Of course. And if all of the same people did not always speak of every project being in a state of doom I would be inclined to think they are not crying wolf. However, that never seems to be the case. So I am yin to the yang. The equal and opposite reaction. The truth rather than the ....... disinformation.

Happy to pass the torch though. Photodave is giving me hope. o_O

Mike S

Of course. And if all of the same people did not always speak of every project being in a state of doom I would be inclined to think they are not crying wolf. However, that never seems to be the case. So I am yin to the yang. The equal and opposite reaction. The truth rather than the ....... disinformation.

Happy to pass the torch though. Photodave is giving me hope. o_O

danlb_2000

Premium Member

We have been through this before, just because the project happened, doesn't mean it didn't have troubles. I know you don't believe it, but it's a well documented FACT that Cameron is hard to work with. There is no reason to believe this project was any different.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Can you site your source about the Studios budget? Yes, people have said that part of that money will go to infrastructure but I have seen no one say that it will "largely" go to infrastructure. Again, you are making up facts to support you view.

The Empress Lilly

Not patting myself on the back. Just giving an opinion. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I was thinking about it though, and the 3 existing lands in DAK can be said to have all the letters, A-E, as part of their content. Maybe that is by design. And why the CMM pad was chosen rather than leaving it and putting Pandora on an undeveloped pad.
¿Que?
w05.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Africa has three attractions and Asia four, so even if we assign a letter to every attraction this still wouldn't be correct.

jt04

We have been through this before, just because the project happened, doesn't mean it didn't have troubles. I know you don't believe it, but it's a well documented FACT that Cameron is hard to work with. There is no reason to believe this project was any different.

That is what makes such claims so diabolical. It exploits some rumor or past event or even false memes to create a false impression. The burden is on those claiming this project was in a creative quagmire or was scaled back dramatically. Because there is no evidence to back up such claims. And the construction progress is evidence that such claims were purely false.

Any delays are more likely tied to the delay in the films being released later than originally announced. And not vice versa.

jt04

Can you site your source about the Studios budget? Yes, people have said that part of that money will go to infrastructure but I have seen no one say that it will "largely" go to infrastructure. Again, you are making up facts to support you view.

Photodave is doing a great job refuting and defending the studio project against trolls and false memes. I would refer you to him as the expert on the subject. I am sure he understands the problem far better than I.

jt04

DAK has historically lacked content and that is now being addressed. CMM just did not meet the new standards of DAK 2.0 so they built over it instead of placing Pandora somewhere else and keeping a reimagined CMM. If my theory is right, Dinorama will soon be extict. What will follow is Dinoland 2.0 (see popularity of JP movie). A new and bold version for the land. And hopefully a new name. People love their dinosaurs.

Purely my opinion of course.

flyerjab

Photodave is doing a great job refuting and defending the studio project against trolls and false memes. I would refer you to him as the expert on the subject. I am sure he understands the problem far better than I.

You need to stop doing whatever this is that you are doing. The simple fact is that you were pretty much like the rest of us. You didn't know anything. If you want to pat yourself on the back for having faith in what was going to happen after plans were leaked a few years ago then have at it. But do it in the privacy of your own abode. Not here, in these threads.

This is my oasis in the forums. I come here at times to escape some of the overt negativity that happens at times. And you know, I don't mind when @marni1971 or @MerlinTheGoat or others come here and express concerns or doubts. At least they are well-founded and thought out. And @marni1971's reputation is impeccable even if his opinion and mine differ.

I don't even know how to classify what it is you do. You act like you are positively contributing by acting like some wise sage perched on Walt's shoulder telling everyone "I told you so."

I don't normally speak negatively on the boards about other posters. But please stop. There are great posters out there. And people like @danlb_2000, @marni1971, and others shouldn't have to spend their time refuting facts that you latently attach yourself to and then spin them into something of which you claim to have been prescient about all along.

bakntime

Ultimately, a person will be judged for the accuracy of their information, not by them gloating and saying "SEE? I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!" Even if you were right all along, bragging about it and saying "I told you so" won't help your cause.

Insider information should speak for itself. You don't build a good reputation by bragging about how right you were. You build a good reputation by posting what you know (if anything), and letting others observe your posts.

The moral of this bizarre story is this: look forward to what's yet to come, not back at who was right or wrong.

Or better yet, if someone is annoying you, just ignore them lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom