danlb_2000

Premium Member
Simply the possibility the land would have one of each lettered attraction. Even when some said the land had been trimmed to one attraction due to cuts. Been a lot of disinformation floated about the scope of Pandora. Pretty much from day 1. Good that they are letting more accurate details out now. Kind of hard to deny with all that steel rising over DAK of late.

And I have to say that those who thought the franchise was all wrong and was doomed to underperform or even close after a short time are no longer anywhere to be found. Fortunately their posts remain in the magical archives.

I, of course thought it would be much more than a quickly thrown together project and thought it would also be much more on the scale of a Carsland rather than Dinorama. And that seems to be the case. Good thing I was here to add perspective when it was otherwise not present.

IMO.

There is no indication it will have one of each letter, they are only talking about D and E so there are three more letters to go. We also don't know what standard is being used to throw out these letters, what Disney calls and E might be a C to everyone else. We don't know at this point if it was disinformation or simply changes in plans, as a lot of the insiders here say things tend to be very fluid with these projects, what's true one day might not be true the next. We won't know how the franchise will perform until the next movie comes out. We have had a pretty good idea of the scale of the project from the beginning, not much has changed n that account. So your "perspectice" is touting things we have already known, or things that none of us really know for sure at this point.

matt9112

Wizarding World of Wizards had 1 new attraction built from scratch. One (forbidden journey). It took 2.5 years to build.

Pandora at AK broke ground on January 2014, and is estimated to take a little over 3 years. It has a budget more than twice the size of Wizarding World (according to reported numbers, ~500M vs. ~200M). It has two new attractions built from scratch, and extensive, unprecedented mountain/rockwork and "floating" mountains. They are reusing exactly zero existing rides and structures.

Well I admire your pixey dust the que of forbidden journey alone looks better than the little artwork we have. We have nothing that assures us it will be x y z and the fact remains that according to what we do know the flying simulator all occurs in closed theater. Gringotts and forbidden journey both use theater scenes but include a tangible touchable ride experience. And the IP is genius. To see something I read as a child up through school come to life. Not some one off movie that "made lots of money so build rawr" I hope disney nails it but to simply huff and puff this early. Tis a little far fetched IMO. I'm sure it will be amazing but my personal opinion is they really screwed up with the choice of ride for the flying thing. HELL even in that set up there were better ride systems that could have been used in that space. And again this is all assumption technically we have no idea what's going in there but I hope it is grand...

dat butterbeer though...God that needs it's own theme park.

misterID

Yep, never said major investment was coming to WDW after other divisions were fixed. Never once mentioned the business cycle was like a pendulum that always swings back and that people should be patient. Never said that people should stop thinking of Disney theme park adds as a drive through a fast food lane. And never said that DTD 3.0 (4.0 if you count HW) would be much more than a strip mall. I could go on but I have been on the record for several years and not months like some 'fair weather fans'.

Opportunists :rolleyes:

It is all fun though. :geek:
EPCOT will get a major expansion.
10-15 years from now I can say I told you so. Predicting new rides at a theme park doesn't make you Yoda. Its like saying paint will dry. Eventually it will happen. Its not evidence of any great insight. Its the law of eventuality.

jt04

EPCOT will get a major expansion.
10-15 years from now I can say I told you so. Predicting new rides at a theme park doesn't make you Yoda. Its like saying paint will dry. Eventually it will happen. Its not evidence of any great insight. Its the law of eventuality.

Hmmm, just reflecting on those days when some said WDW would be sold off in bits and pieces. Not that you were one of them.

How much times have changed.

TyTrap

so far we have the flight simulator, the boat ride, interactive plant environment, live entertainment including a drum circle and puppets. I've had a few other things on my mind, I'm thinking there will be one main retail/merchandise outlet that will be the exit for both the flight simulator and boat ride. It would have all the typical stuff you would find in other Disney retail shops toys shirts books the list goes on. I can also see a little navi flea market type setup that would sell navi made trinkets and textiles. Same with the food, I can see the main restaurant being the army base camp mess hall as a quick service type place. Then within the little navi flea market you would have a produce stand that would sell fruit that is from pandora. Cameron himself has said we will taste pandora so maybe Disney is creating fruit that we would find on that planet through some sort of genetic modification. I can see one meet and greet area for jake and neytiri. they would be puppets. Sorry for the novel lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmmm, just reflecting on those days when some said WDW would be sold off in bits and pieces. Not that you were one of them.

How much times have changed.
And someone of your "stature" should know that was a possibility seriously looked into.

Stop trying to make other people seem stupid by suggesting information is false. It isn't pleasant.

Last edited:

jt04

There is no indication it will have one of each letter, they are only talking about D and E so there are three more letters to go. We also don't know what standard is being used to throw out these letters, what Disney calls and E might be a C to everyone else. We don't know at this point if it was disinformation or simply changes in plans, as a lot of the insiders here say things tend to be very fluid with these projects, what's true one day might not be true the next. We won't know how the franchise will perform until the next movie comes out. We have had a pretty good idea of the scale of the project from the beginning, not much has changed n that account. So your "perspectice" is touting things we have already known, or things that none of us really know for sure at this point.

We already have confirmation of an E and a D. Also, that there will be an interactive trail in the evenings which clearly sounds like a C level attraction. A's and B's are not difficult to achieve and I believe will be part of such a massive new land.

jt04

And someone of your "stature" should know that was a possibility seriously looked into.

Stop trying to make other people seem stupid by suggesting information is false. It isn't pleasant.

Probably it was looked into. Which makes the turnaround that much more remarkeable. And I intend to remind people when necessary that they were wrong.

I took no pleasure in countering their doom scenarios but they clearly were not helping the situation. And I clearly understand why they were doing what they were doing. Some, I dare say, wanted to see failure so they could say, "see, I told you so". I took more than my fair share of attacks and continue to do so. However, I have no regrets and just find myself enjoying all the activity occuring and still to occur throughout central Florida. Not just WDW. Which was inevitable when the market works without interference. Just have to have a little trust in others. Even a weatherman.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We already have confirmation of an E and a D. Also, that there will be an interactive trail in the evenings which clearly sounds like a C level attraction. A's and B's are not difficult to achieve and I believe will be part of such a massive new land.

But again not confirmation or even rumors of the other attractions, and as I also said just because they are calling them an E and D doesn't mean they will be. You can't pat yourself on the back for predicting things that may not actually happen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

In JT's world the final outcome is the only truth, no other possible paths to that outcome ever happened. Avatarland is being built, so the development process must have been smooth and steady from day one, WDW was never sold off, so they must never have actually considered that, etc. I would bet that a large number of the rumors we hear here were actually true, but maybe only for a couple days.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But again not confirmation or even rumors of the other attractions, and as I also said just because they are calling them an E and D doesn't mean they will be. You can't pat yourself on the back for predicting things that may not actually happen.

It is also annoying if you've been arguing that this is a good idea for almost half a decade to have someone show up and claim that they've been an important part of pro-Avatar conversation when they aren't around for months at a time. However, I think that as a community we should each make an individual decision - are we entertained by Mr. 04s weirdo act? If so, then we should read. This is typically me. His claims are quite absurd, but I'd rather chuckle than give him the bird (once again available for writing wedding vows, yada, yada). If not, (and in this case I can empathize since Mr. 04 is annoying me with his specific Avatar schtick) then just ignore him either through use of message board software or scrolling by.

The Empress Lilly

The simulator is going to be a big upgrade over Soarin'. I'm really looking forward to it. I think it might be surprisingly bad ***.
I'm sure it will. Maybe it will work for me too!

It's more out of personal taste. I'm not big on Forbidden Journey either. That one is all fantastic, and I really rather like it, but there's something about being strapped in a seat and being tossed about in front of a screen that ultimately doesn't do it for me. Besides, that is what I do for home entertainment, although I never really managed to get my chair automated and Big Bubba will throw me, and the chair I'm taped to, around my room near my tv only for so long for that tenner I pay him.

I'm old fashioned! I like coasters + darkrides more than a thrill ride combination of those.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

It's more out of personal taste. I'm not big on Forbidden Journey either. That one is all fantastic, and I really rather like it, but there's something about being strapped in a seat and being tossed about in front of a screen that ultimately doesn't do it for me. Besides, that is what I do for home entertainment, although I never really managed to get my chair automated and Big Bubba will throw me, and the chair I'm taped to, around my room near my tv only for so long for that tenner I pay him.

I'm old fashioned! I like coasters + darkrides more than a thrill ride combination of those.

Me too. Thus, I enjoy USF, but I do suffer from a bit of a screen fatigue by the end of the day. IoA has enough non-screen stuff that I don't have the same issue there.

Marlins1

I think a lot of people feel this way. FJ is extremely popular and the ride system is innovative but it doesn't work for everyone. I prefer a smooth ride on Soarin' where I actually get to enjoy the scenery. I'll take coasters and flume rides over either of them. Looking forward to the boat ride in Pandora and the overall experience of AK at night.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think a lot of people feel this way. FJ is extremely popular and the ride system is innovative but it doesn't work for everyone. I prefer a smooth ride on Soarin' where I actually get to enjoy the scenery. I'll take coasters and flume rides over either of them. Looking forward to the boat ride in Pandora and the overall experience of AK at night.

I agree with this too. In fact, I almost included it in my previous post. I love the ride system on Soarin' whereas FJ is fun, but I can only do it once. I find the ride on Gringotts to be so-so. However, the whole HP land area in both Uni parks is fantastic. Wonderfully immersive. If they can make the ride system in SOP (Soarin' Over Pandora built with a Standard Operating Procedure) nice to look at and blend it in with the rest of the land, then it may well be a HR.

Mike S

It is also annoying if you've been arguing that this is a good idea for almost half a decade to have someone show up and claim that they've been an important part of pro-Avatar conversation when they aren't around for months at a time. However, I think that as a community we should each make an individual decision - are we entertained by Mr. 04s weirdo act? If so, then we should read. This is typically me. His claims are quite absurd, but I'd rather chuckle than give him the bird (once again available for writing wedding vows, yada, yada). If not, (and in this case I can empathize since Mr. 04 is annoying me with his specific Avatar schtick) then just ignore him either through use of message board software or scrolling by.
Allow me then :D
amCuffe.jpg

Marlins1

I agree with this too. In fact, I almost included it in my previous post. I love the ride system on Soarin' whereas FJ is fun, but I can only do it once. I find the ride on Gringotts to be so-so. However, the whole HP land area in both Uni parks is fantastic. Wonderfully immersive. If they can make the ride system in SOP (Soarin' Over Pandora built with a Standard Operating Procedure) nice to look at and blend it in with the rest of the land, then it may well be a HR.
Perfect IMO - I hope what you described is exactly what happens - we'll see in about 2 years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom